Modern Housewives can make blanks from raspberries for the winter to keep the harvest of berries and during a freeze to of them vitamins. Recipes there are many, but they are able to maintain the usefulness of the raspberry to the winter not to get sick by eating it as a delicacy and medicine.
How to make jam
Any housewife knows that to make jam for the winter of raspberries is a complex and lengthy process, but the result brings pleasure when eating treats. For long term storage, use sterilized jars, and berries in a special way prepared. Many recipes allows you to cook jam for winter for every taste, to every member of the family was pleased to get a treat.
Preparation of cans
To make jam from raspberries preserved for the whole winter, you need to prepare sterile jars for seaming. There are several options for sterilization packaging:
- In the microwave: you need to take cans up to 1 litre and pour a little water for 2 cm, then place in the microwave and put the power of 800 watts. After the water boils away – banks ready for seaming.
- Steam: take a bowl of boiling water on it to put an iron grate or sieve, and the top banks upside down. For liter jars, the processing time will be 10 minutes and for a three-liter-15 minutes. A sign of the end of sterilization will be flowing down the walls banks drop.
- In the oven: put in cold oven banks upside down, heat to 150 degrees and hold to capacity within 15 minutes.
- In a double boiler: flip the jars upside down, turn on the equipment mode of cooking and keep for 15 minutes.
- After harvesting and filling jars of raspberry jam they should also be sterilized in a wide saucepan: this requires the pouring of cold water and bring to a boil, after 15 minutes off and roll up.
- In addition to jars, you should sterilize the lids: they should be thoroughly washed with soda, dipped in boiling water and soak for 2 minutes. It is better to choose smooth cover, no rust, dents, a suitable diameter of the gum.
How to pick berries
To make jam from the raspberries, you should choose ripe but not overripe berries. They should be medium size, have a darker color and rich flavor. Then jam for the winter turns out not only delicious, but also beautiful. Berries should be clean, intact and dry and wrinkled and mold better to set aside. Will not work berry is broken because it will give unwanted juice and will look beautiful in the finished dish.
- Any recipe how to cook raspberry jam for the winter, begins with the preparation of the berries. They need to sort through, putting aside the under — and over-ripe berries, remove the sepals, the stalk.
- Do not wash raspberries in running water: to prevent damage, you need to wash it by immersion in water. After washing the berries need to be left to the water glass, and then shift them into a container for storage.
- If the berries were infected with worms, they should be soaked in a saline solution, to remove the emerged larvae after 10 minutes and rinse twice.
- The basic ingredients for making jam for the winter is raspberries and sugar, which are taken in ratio of 1:1 or 1:2,5 when using the juice. Other ingredients can be added: lemon, ginger, cinnamon, mix with other berries or spices.
- The quick recipe involves the manufacturing of jam for 5 minutes longer over 1 hour.
With lemon for the winter
To make jam from the raspberries in the winter is possible with the inclusion of lemon to the dish will need ingredients in the right quantity:
- berries – 1 kg;
- cinnamon – 2 sticks;
- sugar – 300 g;
- lemon – 1 PC.;
- ginger – a large root the size of a finger;
- pectin, gelatin or gelfix – 1 package.
The manufacturer includes step-by-step stages:
- Lemon wash, dry, cut off the peel, chop or grate with a grater, squeeze remainder of juice.
- Ginger peel, grate down to the core, to throw it, because it is too fibrous.
- Wipe berries through a sieve, trying to drain the juice. Cake to throw.
- Mix the lemon juice with ginger and raspberries.
- Of the total amount of sugar you take 2 tablespoons, mix with selfexam, pour in the berries along with cinnamon.
- Put on the stove, bring to a boil, add the remaining sugar.
- To stir, boil for 3 minutes to remove the foam.
- Pour into sterilized jars.
- Instead of gelatin you can take 2 tablespoons of starch, which filled with water and flow into the workpiece before cooking.
Jam raspberry seedless
The original recipe for making raspberry jam for the winter can be characterized by the absence of seeds. You will need:
- water (filtered) – half Cup;
- berries – 1 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg.
Stages of preparation:
- Crush berries, mix with water.
- Bring to a boil, 3-4 minutes, remove, cool.
- To separate the seeds or grinding through a strainer or through cheesecloth and a colander.
- Cake to throw, and the resulting juice mix with the sugar.
- Take a saucepan with a wide bottom, pour back the juice to a height of 2 cm, put on the fire.
- All the time to mix juice with a wooden spatula to the boil, boil 7 minutes.
- When the jam is thick in consistency, put in a jar, repeat the steps, till the juice will run out.
- Roll up warm.
Raspberry jam without cooking
A variation of the recipe raspberry jam for the winter will be a simple and fast way without boiling, for which you will need:
- berries – 4 cups;
- Apple juice – 1 Cup;
- liquid honey – 1 Cup.
How to cook:
- Wipe the raspberries through a sieve or grind in a blender.
- Honey warm water bath to soften.
- Mix the raspberries with honey and juice, put on low heat to prevent boiling.
- Once the honey has dissolved, remove the jam, allow to cool, spread along the banks of the cold.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The raspberry jam with gelatin
For making delicious and useful raspberry jam for the winter you will need:
- berries – 1 kg;
- sugar – 1.5 kg;
- water – 50 ml;
- gelatin – 30 g
How to make:
- Pour berries with water, put on fire, boil 10 minutes, RUB them in order.
- Drain in a strainer, mash with a spoon.
- Juice drain, of sugar mix.
- On slow fire cook for 40-50 minutes, removing the scum.
- Gelatin pour water so that it covered it up, leave for half an hour. Heat to dissolve the lumps, pour in the jam for a couple of minutes before the end of cooking.
- Pour into jars with hot jam, roll up, wrap at night to keep warm.
- After cooling to lay in store.
Video: how to make jam in a slow cooker