Most delicious and a favorite of not only children, but adults – strawberry jam. Learn how to prepare a winter treat as much as possible and to preserve its useful properties, vitamins. It is important that not only the cooking process but also pretreatment of the used containers and equipment.
How to prepare jars for canning
Clean containers for winter preparations is the key to a long and safe storage of content. There are several ways to destroy harmful microorganisms in a Bank for subsequent preservation products. Most popular:
- steam over a pan or through the spout;
- in an electric furnace (heat);
- by blowing hot air in the convection oven.
The method of sterilization of the hostess choose the most convenient and familiar. Some of the nuances and regulations of each option:
- Before sterilization, the banks should rinse cleanser which rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Over steam is necessary to maintain the banks at least 10 minutes.
- Be sure to place on a clean towel.
- Cover with sterilized lids no longer than 30 minutes (to prevent entry of microorganisms).
- Fry tanks should be in the oven for 20 minutes. With the addition of water each of 100 ml.
How to cook strawberry jam
The main ingredients for the jam – berry and sugar. How to cook strawberry jam depends on the proportion of the basic structure and varieties of strawberries. Meadow berry contains more natural sugar than forest. It is considered that the proportion should be from 1:1 to 1:1.5. Different berries as well:
- The intensity of the aroma (more meadow filled with sunshine and fragrant).
- Shape and density (meadow denser, rounder, smaller timber).
Strawberry gives a juice fast, but the viscosity of it increased, so the liquid is often undercooked. This it is fundamentally different from strawberry jam. To avoid the appearance of bitterness in the winter dessert in several ways:
- the constant stirring from the bottom of the tank, lifting the berry;
- add 1/6 of the red currant;
- to lower the capacity of purified raw carrots to the cooking time.
What you will need for cooking
The necessary equipment needed for cooking delicious winter treats, the following:
- capacity for melting of copper (oxidized and preserves the color, transparency) or aluminium;
- enamelware storage of berries;
- a colander for rinsing;
- wooden spatula and ladle;
- a fine metal sieve;
- meat grinder, food processor or blender;
- pasteurized cans from 200 ml to 1000 ml.
Recipe strawberry jam
It is necessary to prepare jam from the ripe strawberries in the winter immediately, unlike other berries. Allowed to keep in ripped not more than 8 hours in a dark place, otherwise the product will have hope. Preparation of the berries is an important step. If the collection was done in dry weather, then the berries do not wash. When dirt is rinsed gently through a colander. There are many ways how to cook strawberry jam. Find out the easiest recipes homemade winter dessert – rich in vitamins with minimal calories.
With the addition of water
The classic version with the addition of water keeps the berries whole in syrup. In winter it can be used as a filling for pies and dumplings. Ingredients:
- strawberry – 3 kg;
- sugar – 5.4 kg;
- water – 0.9 kg;
- citric acid – 5 grams, or lemon juice – 50 ml.
How to make jam from strawberries:
- To connect in the tank for sugar and water.
- Boil the syrup, stirring constantly (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add the berry.
- Bring to a boil, turn off for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure 4 times, stirring constantly and removing the foam.
- In the last procedure, for 5 minutes until tender, add lemon juice.
- Pour jam jars, wrap and leave to cool.
How to make jam from strawberries five minutes
The less time spent cooking, the more vitamins and minerals stored in your favorite dessert. Main ingredients:
- strawberry – 1 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg.
How to cook jam from strawberries in winter to maximum advantage? The technology is simple:
- Prepared berries pour sugar in layers 1 Cup.
- Close with a clean towel and place in a dark place for a day.
- Every hour stir gently.
- After complete dissolution of the sugar to the boil.
- Pour into prepared banks.
Strawberry jelly for the winter
Prepare jelly and jams for the winter special recipes. You need to create a dense concentration of juice for a beautiful and bright dessert. This effect can be achieved when a sufficient amount of pectin, a larger amount of sugar with the use of slow boiling mixture. It all depends on how much time the hostess plans to spend on cooking. Ingredients for the fastest jelly:
- strawberry – 1.5 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg;
- citric acid – 1.5 g;
- gelatin – 15 g;
- water – 3 cups.
- Prepared berries covered with sugar.
- Put on a slow fire.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until boiling.
- Parallel to soak in water gelatin.
- Berry weight portions recline in a colander with a fine mesh.
- Grind the entire berry.
- Put the mixture on the fire to warm up.
- Add the soaked gelatin.
- Stir 15 minutes, but not boil.
- 5 minutes before cooked add citric acid.
- The mixture pour into banks hot.
- Residues from the processing you will receive an original compote or kissel.
Jam from strawberries in the winter without cooking
Collected fresh, juicy berry retains the characteristics of winter until the next harvest, if you follow the rules of cooking and size proportions. Ingredients:
- strawberry – 1 kg;
- sugar – 1 kg.
Jam from the ripe strawberries in the winter without cooking is prepared in stages:
- Mix the prepared ingredients.
- During the day gently every hour to stir.
- After a time, jam expanded in the container.
- Posypaete the surface of the berry mixture with sugar, roll up. After 7-10 days, a crust, which contributes to better preservation of the product.
Strawberry jam in a slow cooker
Modern way of cooking jam in a slow cooker no worse than my grandmother’s recipe. Taking into account the advice from practitioners of the hosts will make a great winter dessert without much hassle. Ingredients:
- strawberries – 3 cups;
- sugar – 1 Cup.
Jam strawberry in a slow cooker is easy. Stages of preparation:
- Into a saucepan to fill the berry.
- Top to fall asleep sugar.
- Let it sit a little to release the juice.
- To turn multivarku mode «Quenching» at a temperature of 180 degrees.
- After the characteristic signal of completion, to give the jam to cool slightly.
- To prepare jars: wash, sterilize.
- Pour finished product, tightly close the lid.
Video: How to make jam from wild strawberries