That the consumption of fruits has beneficial effects on the body, we know almost everything. One of the most affordable exotic fruits – bananas, they are sold all year round, do not cause allergies, like many people. It is worth to elaborate on the effect on health this product.
What is contained in bananas
It’s hard to believe, but this plant is not a fruit but a berry. Useful bananas for health? Yes, because they have a lot of vitamins, mineral substances, trace elements, essential for the normal functioning of the human body. Bananas contains:
- amino acids;
- malic acid;
- ascorbic acid;
- carbohydrates, proteins and fats;
- vitamin C (protects against infection);
- thiamine (vitamin B1 facilitates the absorption of the carbs);
- the vitamin e (good for the brain, CNS);
- carotene (a positive effect on vision, skin, hair, nails);
- vitamin B2 (helps wounds to heal faster, is good for the digestive system);
- magnesium (good for the brain, nervous system, blood vessels);
- pyridoxine (vitamin B6 promotes the production of gastric juice, strengthens the nerves, stimulates the production of serotonin);
- potassium (a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, displays of excess fluid);
- folic acid (useful for female genital organs).
Bananas – the benefits and harm to the body
First of all, it should be noted that it is recommended to use only fresh fruit. Overripe is dangerous, immature and filled with starch. What are the benefits and harms of bananas for the body? The list of positive attributes that they possess:
- a beneficial effect on the digestive organs;
- help with weight loss (in combination with sour cream, cottage cheese);
- remove excess fluid;
- along with the milk and herbs help to cure bronchitis;
- enhance the growth of muscle tissue;
- make blood vessels stronger and more elastic;
- reduce blood viscosity;
- beneficial for the intestines, the liver;
- attach energy;
- help to eliminate constipation;
- normalize intestinal-alkaline balance;
- strengthen the nervous system;
- output of harmful substances.
Not to say that bananas are harmful, but a number of contraindications they have. It will be very important to those people who have diabetes mellitus, thrombophlebitis, ischemia, increased coagulation of blood, dysentery. It is advisable not to have their babies under one years old, and mothers who breast feed children. A specific list of positive and negative properties of the fruit depends on the variety and processing method.
Green bananas – benefits and harms
The fruit of this variety is large. They have a slightly astringent taste, so the more they are suitable for cooking stews, purees, chips. They are extremely positive effect on the digestive system. Benefits and harms of green bananas due to the presence in their composition of non-digestible starch. Thanks to him, the person feels full longer. Regular consumption of green bananas significantly reduces the risk of developing ulcers of the stomach and facilitates the course of this disease in those people already suffering from it. In addition, the fruit is very good effect on the cardiovascular system.
Dried bananas – benefits and harms
In dried fruit more calories than fresh. The benefits and harms of dried bananas should be carefully weighed before their use. Such fruit is better to refuse people prone to obesity, patients with diabetes, those who have recently experienced a stroke or a heart attack. Prohibited they are at variance and excessive flatulence. Use them is as follows:
- a positive effect on the digestive system;
- help fight constipation;
- prevent anemia;
- normalize the menstrual cycle.
Boiled bananas – benefits and harms
During heat treatment the fruits become sweeter, but lose some nutrients. In General, the cooked bananas have the same properties as fresh or dried. However, only in very small amounts and very rarely allowed to use for people suffering from diabetes. Of the sugar from their leaves, although the taste is affected in a positive way.
Benefits of bananas for women
Women definitely need to include this fruit in your diet. The useful properties of the banana for women:
- When used from the body toxins, it is cleared on a cellular level.
- Women who eat one banana every day, very beautiful skin. She looks young and taut.
- Bananas help with depression, relief of the PMS symptoms, reduce abdominal pain during menstruation.
- These fruits are good to eat to prevent cancer because they contain carotene, vitamin B.
- Fruit is good for prevention of migraines. They reduce the intensity of headaches.
- When eating fruit, the body produces more oxytocin.
- If during pregnancy the woman will eat this fruit, it stops vomiting. Not to abuse them, it causes bloating.
Benefits of bananas for men
Not just for the ladies the body beneficial effect the consumption of this fruit. Benefits of banana for men:
- The fruits have a positive impact on the potency and health of the genital organs as a whole because they contain tryptophan. They increase motility of sperm, which is very useful for couples who have problems conceiving.
- Fruits give energy. This is especially important for men who play sports or do physical labor.
- Fruits help restore muscle tissue.
- Fruits reduce blood pressure. It is very important for men because they are more susceptible to hypertension. They reduce the risk of blood clots.
Benefits of bananas for kids
Many parents argue about whether to introduce these fruits to the diet of their babies. Give it 6 months, but better to wait for years. The child is unlikely to refuse such a delicacy. If the baby starts to become swollen or he gets a rash, it will exclude this product from its diet and then re-introduce gradually, in small portions. Benefits of bananas for children:
- Eating fruit increases concentration, reduces fatigue.
- The fruits have a restorative effect, improve sleep.
- Help to form bone tissue, muscles.
- Stimulate the brain.
How many bananas can you eat per day
This question is very relevant for all lovers of sweet fruit. You can eat bananas every day, but not more than two or three pieces. Of this quantity, the body receives the daily rate of vitamins, nutrients. As for the kids, they depending on age, you can give from a quarter to two fruits a day. Girls sitting on a strict diet or obese, bananas should be abandoned. With a strong desire to eat a little piece, but very rarely and only on an empty stomach for Breakfast.
Banana peel – beneficial properties
Not only the pulp of the fruit is used. The use of banana peels is as follows:
- Cork is rich in minerals, antioxidants, wax, microelements, oils.
- Included in the masks for face and body. Relieves irritation.
- The skin is used in medicine to fight psoriasis, warts, acne.
- Used for teeth whitening.
Video: the benefits and harms of bananas