Diseases of the respiratory organs today one of the most common. People with a predisposition to such illnesses, you need to know about pulmonary fibrosis of the lungs, because the disease requires the correct approach to treatment, and assigned only to an experienced pulmonologist.
Diffuse pulmonary fibrosis
Pulmonary fibrosis – what is it and how to deal with it in the initial form, in order to prevent progression to chronic? One of the dangerous types of disease is a diffuse pulmonary fibrosis. To determine it is not difficult for shortness of breath during physical exertion. Gradually, this symptom begins to manifest alone. Form of the disease resembles chronic bronchitis with a characteristic cough and expectoration. The patient complains of severe fatigue and pain in the chest, weight loss.
Focal pulmonary fibrosis
The name equity is a focal or segmental fibrosis. It is more difficult to assess, because the elasticity of lung tissue is lost, the gas exchange is not impaired. The amount of damage is often smaller, and to diagnose the disease is possible only by special equipment. Local centers can be of different sizes. Often, the consequence of this type of pneumatic sclerosis is migrated tuberculosis or pulmoklinz.
Basal pulmonary fibrosis
The name basal pulmonary fibrosis got from the fact that substitution and expansion of lung tissue with connective occurs in the basal, that is opposite apicalnam Department of respiratory organ. This part is located at the lower base of the lungs and often indicates that the diseased had suffered lower lobe pneumonia with serious complications.
Basal pulmonary fibrosis
The risk of basal pulmonary fibrosis is that it is difficult to recognize. It is seen after carrying out radiography in the form of fabularnych shadows or annular cross-sections of bronchi in subsegmentary departments and the surrounding lung tissue, which changed sclerotic. Basal view of occurs after suffering bronchitis, chronic diseases with obstruction.
Apical pulmonary fibrosis
Form of the disease, apical pulmonary fibrosis is the complete opposite of basal, that is, it is limited changes of healthy tissue for pathological only in the upper parts of the lungs and bronchi. Growing, localization is gradually changing. The flow process is strongly reminiscent of bronchitis, so it is often confused with the disease.
Pulmonary fibrosis – causes
The disease is not contagious, is not viral or infectious in nature, but subjected him to any person who suffered respiratory diseases. Common causes of pulmonary fibrosis are:
- aspiration pneumonitis;
- sarcoidosis of the lungs;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- pulmoklinz, broncholitis, pleuropneumonia;
- peribronchial sclerosis;
- posttuberculosis and posttraumatische complications;
- fungal infection of the lungs occurs after inhalation of the toxins.
There are a number of factors which result in pneumosclerosis changes. They are implicit in nature, but the doctors call them as possible. Sometimes the disease is caused by:
- ineffective treatment of disease;
- irradiation light;
- wounds and injuries of the chest;
- getting into the bronchi foreign body;
- the tendency to lung diseases, inherited.
At the time of the disease of degenerative disorders in the lungs already exist. All the reasons together or one of them lead to the fact that primary disease becomes a pathological process in which there is a replacement of the lung tissue to non-functioning. If you do not conduct a survey, postpneumonic changes can lead to disability and sometimes death.
Pulmonary fibrosis – symptoms
Due to the fact that fibrosis often occurs along with other diseases or after them, highlight any of the individual symptoms difficult. However, there are signs of fibrosis of the lungs, which will help the doctor to determine the diagnosis:
- Cough. At first worried about only occasionally. Gradually the cough will increase, will appear purulent sputum. This symptom is most characteristic of diffuse pulmonary fibrosis.
- Shortness of breath as an early symptom, does not appear immediately. The concern should cause shortness of breath, disturbing during rest, although in the beginning it only occurs during physical work. Interstitial localization, where the affected connective tissue of the respiratory system characterized by shortness of breath short breath.
- Cyanosis is a bluish color of the skin and mucous membranes. Is due to hypoventilation of the alveoli, microscopic air sacs in the lungs.
- Moist rales are defined when focal or segmental fibrosis. They often are tapped in one of the departments of the authority.
Pulmonary fibrosis – diagnosis
Knowledge, what is pulmonary fibrosis and how dangerous it will help the time to go to a medical facility. Diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis involves the following tests:
- X-rays of the lungs. The disease is determined on the background of the lack of symptoms. Radiological signs reflect the pattern of diseases that accompany pulmonary fibrosis – bronchiectasis, poolmasters, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis.
- The bronchoscopy. It determines the complications obtained during previous inflammatory processes.
- The bronchography, CT and MRI of the lungs is carried out only when it is necessary to detail the individual sections after x-ray.
Pulmonary fibrosis – treatment of
For each kind doctors use individual methods. Treatment of fibrosis of the lungs begins with a full examination and definition of the variety and extent of contamination. There are 3 stages for ICD code:
- Pulmonary fibrosis or a fibrosis degree when the connective tissue adjacent to the lung.
- Pulmonary fibrosis – usual degree of forgetting. A gradual thickening and replacement of the parenchyma.
- Pneumocytes is the most complicated case when the alveoli, bronchi and blood vessels completely replaced by pathologic tissue. In cirrhotic extent is the seal of the pleura and the offset in the damaged part of the mediastinum.
After diagnosis of the disease the patient is hospitalized. The pulmonologist decides to treat pulmonary fibrosis, and assigns expectorant, mucolytic, antimicrobial, or bronchodilators (bronchoalveolar lavage). Cardiac glycosides are used in pneumoconiosis, in case of Allergy – glucocorticoids.
You can use therapeutic exercise, breast massage, physiotherapy and oxygen therapy. If the disease process has taken a protracted nature, required partial resection. Recently invented a new procedure using stem cells: the structure of the body and the gas exchange function is restored, and the effect of its application is impressive.
Pulmonary fibrosis – treatment of folk remedies
It is impossible to exclude the methods used for centuries. Treatment pulmonary fibrosis lung folk remedies in conjunction with medication will reduce the duration of illness. For this purpose:
- Eucalyptus oil is used for inhalation, and a decoction of the leaves for drinking. Patients notice that after a few sessions sputum departs better.
- Onions – there are many recipes for cough. Helps with honey or a decoction.
- Aloe or agave. The juice from the leaves is mixed with honey and take a tablespoon.