At the first sign of serious ailments in humans, your doctor may prescribe to donate blood for CRP. Be afraid no reason, because it is the primary metric on which to base diagnosis and further treatment. What is decoding and standard indicators C-reactive protei – read more.
What is CRP
C-reactive protein – an enzyme, secreted by the liver in the acute phase of the inflammatory process or the origin of the tumor. Any damage to the inner soft tissue, the body includes a protective scheme of existence. The SLO begins to be produced in increased quantities, causing it to operate at full capacity immune system. The more complex the human condition, the higher the protein levels of the acute phase.
That shows CRP in the blood
After receiving the results from laboratory research, you need to deal with CRP in the blood is what it is. The increased rate will not indicate the origin of the reasons, but it can help you to determine exactly what health problems began. Any inflammation which is at the top of the process, the SLO will the blood test show higher than normal, sometimes dozens of times.
A sharp jump in protein is often in sepsis (blood infection), onset of necrosis (death of living tissue), the emergence of malignant neoplasms or holding a course in biochemistry with the aim of fighting the spread of metastases, tuberculosis, meningitis, myocardial infarction, burns, diabetes. Conducting monitoring of the condition of the patient, the doctor appoints regularly donating blood to exclude the presence of large amounts of protein. This occurs in such cases:
- the risk of death after angioplasty;
- assessment of risk of occurrence of metastasis in the cancer, after passing biochemistry;
- the risk of restenosis after surgery;
- the exception of neutropenia;
- the risk of recurrent myocardial infarction in people with coronary heart disease;
- preventive care of elderly patients;
- treatment is directed at content control and lowering cholesterol.
The norm of CRP in the blood
Modern techniques and the use of new reagents allow you to determine the number of protein. Different medical institutions can produce results based on data from 0 to 0.3-0.5 mg/l that is considered the norm of CRP in the blood. Get your hands on the answer, you need to view the reference value for this lab, which is based on a specific reagent. Recently, a numerical indicator was not. The result could look like a rating «negative» – the protein is not detected or positive from one to four pluses.
CRP — normal women
During pregnancy or taking contraceptive drugs in women is hormonal disturbance, so when the blood test you need to warn about these factors so that the results were «clean». The body – a complex mechanism, so the rate of CRP in women may be different from the usual. So during pregnancy the increase to 3.0 mg/l are considered normal. After 50 years in women, the result should be «negative» or in the range of 0-0. 5 mg/L.
CRP — normal in children
Children’s bodies are growing and developing rapidly, especially in the first years of life. A normal CRP in children of different ages will differ. So a newborn baby indicator equal to 0.6 mg/l, and a year – 1.6 mg/l. Average value based on the age of the child, ranges from 0 to 10 mg/L. After any surgical intervention in children at 3-5-day take analysis on DRR. If the result is exceeded, then it means that there has been any infection and need urgent antibiotic therapy. Special attention deserves the time of exclusion of neonatal sepsis.
CRP in my blood
What is a DRR in the biochemical analysis of blood and why it is elevated? There are a number of reasons and diseases, which already in the first few hours can give such results. It seems to parallel the analysis of the level of increase in the concentration of triglycerides. Background to when of CRP in the blood increased:
- diseases of the joints;
- in diseases of the bones;
- postoperative complications;
- in infectious diseases;
- acute myocardial infarction;
- cardiovascular complications after coronary artery bypass grafting;
- tissue damage from burns, injuries, both external and internal;
- in patients with atherosclerosis;
- when collagenosis;
- in patients with hypertension (arterial hypertension);
- from hemodialysis;
- patients with diabetes;
- in case of violation of protein metabolism (amyloidosis);
- when atherogenic dyslipidemia;
- after conducting biochemistry;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- the excess weight of the body during the hormonal imbalance;
- infection after surgery.
CRP is negative — what does this mean
During the decryption result put blood, can stand on the value of the CRP is negative. It says only that any inflammatory processes that require active therapeutic interventions in the body occurs. When the reference value contains no digits, but only the sign «-» minus, the reasons for the unrest there, and the CRP value is normal.
CRP positive — what it is
In analogy with the sign «minus» may be the value of CRP positive. Then you need to pay attention to the number marked with «pluses». Their number varies from one to four. The more «+», the stronger occurs inflammatory or other negative process in the body. A doctor giving a transcript of analysis needs in a short time to find the cause, which was the result when C-reactive protein begins to actively grow.
The blood test CRP
To eliminate the error in the study of biochemical analysis of blood SLOs should adhere to simple rules that are followed before going to the lab. These recommendations:
- the day before the surrender of biochemical analysis excludes heavy physical stress, stressful situations, sex;
- eliminate from the diet fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol for 24 hours;
- you can’t smoke at least 2-3 hours;
- there is a collection of blood from a vein on an empty stomach in the morning, preferably in the morning;
- between testing and the last meal must be at least 12 hours allowed a bit of clean water;
- alert the technologist if in the period taken drugs that provoke an increase in protein.
Video: blood test for CRP