In the specified group are included diseases associated with pathogenic lesions of human intestine with subsequent gastritises and interesnymi manifestations. Learn how to identify and treat infection of an organism of alien agents.
Intestinal infection in adults
Doctors say to avoid invasion of pathogenic microorganisms is almost impossible. Every day a person is faced with many different viral and bacterial agents. Constant attack is able to hit only a strong immune system. Has so far not everyone. Intestinal infection in adults is manifested severe conditions. Special attention should be given to infection of the elderly. In old age the immune power of the body drop significantly, which may lead to unpredictable consequences for the patient.
The types of intestinal infections
Medical practice shows that butilirovannoy can develop as a result of invasion of different pathogens. Each of them has toxic biologically active substances. For this reason, if you have an intestinal infection – symptoms and treatment in adults are directly dependent on the species of the microbe. As a rule, separated from the main group of diseases usually considered staphylococcal toxicosis, botulism. Fungal and protozoal infestations also stand apart. Experts identify the following direct types of intestinal infections:
- E. coli;
The incubation period of intestinal infection
The symptoms appear gradually. The incubation period of intestinal infection, or latent (hidden) phase of infection depends on the type of pathogen. Typically, the microbe 3-5 days to get your feet wet in the gut. While the incubation period may pass in a shorter time is 1-2 days. Signs of butilirovannoj of the gastrointestinal tract often are characterized by a long latent period. Upon expiration of the above time comes the acute phase of the disease with typical signs of intoxication.
Intestinal infection symptoms in adults
Diarrhea is the most dangerous manifestation of infection. An important factor to combat the disease is to replace the lost fluid. It is known that dehydration can lead to negative consequences. Consequently, if the patient has obvious severe symptoms, it needs immediate hospitalization. It is important to say that with a short incubation period clinical picture is characterized by additional manifestations (skin rash, itching). Experts called the following symptoms of intestinal infection in adults:
- Intoxication, which is expressed in such States:
- the increase in temperature;
- the body aches;
- Gastritises, accompanied by the following syndromes:
- pain in the stomach;
- Antaranya, which are characterized by frequent liquid stools (diarrhea).
- Kriticheskie symptoms are accompanied by inflammation and pain in the bowels.
Treatment intestinal infection
The disease occurs on the background to microbial invasion. For this reason, treatment of intestinal infection in adults should begin with diagnosis. Through laboratory studies revealed a specific causative agent of disease and its sensitivity to certain drugs. Asked what to do in case of intestinal infection in adults, doctors recommend the first thing to ensure replenishment of fluid lost in the body of the patient. In a situation where the infected can’t drink in sufficient quantity, it is necessary to enter the solution intravenously.
Acute intestinal infection treatment in adults
Therapy pathogenic invasion is based on the patient’s age and existing comorbidities. Treatment of acute intestinal infections in the adult, virtually identical to measures taken in relation to the infected child. The only difference is in the dosage to prescribed medication. The question how to treat an intestinal infection in adults should be addressed with the attending physician. As a rule, during the acute phase of infection and prescribed a strict diet and the following medications:
- antibiotics (Norfloxacin);
- the enterosorbent (Enterosgel, APSCO, Smectite);
- blockers H2-histamine receptors (Omez, Ranitidine);
- enzymatic preparations (Kreon, Mezim);
- antiemetics (Reglan);
- lactobacilli and bifidobacteria (Enteral).
Antibiotics for intestinal infection in adults
Upon pathogenic invasion of the gastrointestinal tract doctors primarily prescribe drugs, effective against most foreign agents. Such a nonspecific approach due to the long laboratory studies the culture of microbes who have settled in the intestine of the patient. It is important to note that when symptoms of rotavirus infection requires the selection of a specific drug with a specific active substance. Treatment of intestinal infections antibiotics in adults is carried out by means of Ciprofloxacin or Norfloxacin. Not less effective is the drug Chloramphenicol.
Intestinal infection – treatment of folk remedies
The recipes in the manual, not just help sick people cope with the most serious illnesses. Infection of the gastrointestinal tract can be cured not only tablets, but by natural means. There are a huge number of effective folk remedies to fight off pathogenic invasion. It is important to say that before using any prescription, be sure to check out its components in allergenicity. The popular treatment intestinal infection can be carried out using:
- Dry peels of pomegranate. This tool effectively treats many kinds of infection. The infusion of the peels of pomegranate is good with gastroenteritis (stomach flu) as a manifestation of rotavirus infection. The drink is prepared is very simple: 2 tsp. crushed dry raw pour 250 ml of boiling water and insist under the lid for about 35 minutes. With the aim of eliminating pathogens in the gut, ready infusion you need to take throughout the day.
- A decoction of the root calamus. 40 g of crushed raw material is cooked on low heat for about 15 minutes. Cooled and strained broth in rotavirus and other infections, you should drink half a Cup up to 7 times per day. Need to be treated until full recovery.
Prevention of intestinal infections
Infection occurs through the alimentary, therefore, the most important preventive measure is simple hand washing. Any specific measures for the prevention of gastrointestinal infections at the moment not used. Because of this, experts strongly suggest to carefully monitor the freshness of food and their heat treatment. In addition, prevention of intestinal infections includes the following specific steps:
- refrain from swimming in open water;
- storing food in the refrigerator;
- careful heat treatment of meat products and poultry;
- washing dirty hands;
- failure from drinking raw water.