Homemade cakes have a special power: they convey the warmth of the hands of the landlady, a special mood of holiday to which they are prepared. Perfect when the dessert is original, expertly decorated. The hospitable hostess will be very useful to learn about the different types of mastic and learn how to make a fondant cake at home, and another to cook from her holiday decorations to surprise your family and guests. Let us look at the variety of recipes and learn, is it difficult to create such a sweet beauty.
Cooking tips Polish with my hands
Mastic is a flexible confectionery mass, in its properties resembling clay. It is the most ornate pastry decorating, but this confection requires some skill and skill that you will hone with experience. From the outset it is necessary to know some cooking tricks, how to work with fondant.
The basis of the postmark powdered sugar, which, before cooking it is better to sift through a fine sieve. If the mass falls, unground grains of sugar, when rolling it will break. After preparation the paste should be wrapped in plastic and put in the fridge for 20 minutes is the time you need to weight was more plastic. Ready weight, tightly wrapped in plastic, allowed to keep 2 weeks in refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
Dyes added in the process of kneading the sugar dough. If you need fondant in different colors, first knead the dough unpainted and separated the piece the required size, and the remaining mass was placed in polyethylene to prevent drying. The piece of dough with your hands formed in a circle with a hollow in the middle and add the few drops of dye, and knead until uniform in color.
Initially to work with fondant, useful cooking tools, which have in every kitchen. Mastic roll wooden rolling pin on the table edge after covering the cake, cut a round pizza knife, squeeze out some figures using molds for cookies. A skilled hostess for making flower petals using spoons of different sizes fill the deepening of the rolled out dough, taking the remnants on the edges, connect the finished petals.
When fascination with cake decorating turn into favorite hobby, it is necessary to acquire special tools. The first purchases may be a smooth plastic rolling pin for rolling out pastes, silicone mats with the layout (larger size – so convenient to roll out a covering for cake, less for rolling elements of the figures). Will help in the stacks for modeling, cutting for a variety of flowers, leaves, butterflies, silicone molds for making flowers to form similar small figures, letters, buttons, beads.
It is very important that the cake base, which will be covered by the mastic was wet: first it is necessary to cover the butter cream and put in refrigerator until fully cured, because for any contact with damp cream mastic is dissolved. DIY fondant need to do in advance, better two weeks before making the cake so they have time to air dry. Finished jewellery stored for several months in a tightly closed container.
Recipes for homemade paints for decorating cakes
You first need to figure out how to decorate the cake at home, what vision you want to implement: for example, cover the cake patterned cover, fashion exquisite flower rose or to make a model sports car. Then you need to choose which mastic is best suited for this purpose. For many Housewives, it is important that in the home of mastic consisted of available ingredients and it had a versatile use. So, answers to questions, how to make a variety of fondant for cake at home.
This mass is softer than sugar, does not crumble, crumbles, so it is very convenient to use for covering the cake, forming parts of the ornaments. Ingredients:
- powdered sugar – 900 g;
- med – 175 g ( this corresponds to 125 ml);
- water – 45 ml;
- gelatin – 15 g
- Soak gelatine in water for 30 min.
- A mixture of honey and gelatin heat on a water bath.
- A Cup of powdered sugar set aside the rest to pour honey mixture, knead the sugar dough, gradually involving the rest of the powder.
- Mastic is ready, if the pressure on her is the deepening of the finger.
Good for sculpting figurines, flowers. For this mastic will need:
- powdered sugar – 500 g;
- water – 60 ml;
- gelatin – 1 h lodges.;
- lemon juice – 1 h lodges.;
Process step by step:
- Soak the gelatin for half an hour, then reheated in a water bath.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, and gradually adding the powdered sugar and knead the mass to a state of elastic dough.
- We cannot allow the mass was too hard, because then it will crumble during the operation.
This putty make with dry milk, sometimes used instead of infant formula or nondairy creamer. For preparation will need 160 g of milk powder and other ingredients:
- powdered sugar – 160 g;
- condensed milk – 170 g;
- lemon juice – 1 h lodges.
- Milk and powder mix in the tank.
- Add lemon juice, condensed milk.
- Knead plastic dough.
For its preparation use dark chocolate, milk or bitter, but make a paste with white chocolate. One of the recipes:
- 100 g dark chocolate to melt in the microwave, add 1 tbsp. lodges. honey and knead.
- How to test: tear off a piece of dough, roll into a ball and flatten with your fingers – ready to mastic the edge must not be torn. Very impressive looking chocolate rose from this mass.
For cooking chocolate for a different recipe you will need:
- dark chocolate – 100 g;
- cream 30% – 40 ml;
- candy marshmallows – 90 g;
- powdered sugar – 2 tbsp. lodges.;
- brandy – 2 tbsp. lodges.;
- butter – 1 tbsp. lodges.
- Chocolate melt in a water bath.
- Without removing from fire, add marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- When marshmallows are half dissolved, add cream, butter, brandy and mix until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- After removing from heat, add powdered sugar.
- Knead until the fondant will not be as elastic dough.
Often used form of mastic, because thanks to the buttery, soft texture it is convenient to use for wrapping cakes of different shapes, sculpting figures of medium size. Mass with condensed milk is delicious and fun to eat. Addition of 200 g of condensed milk, you will need:
- powdered sugar – 160 g;
- milk powder – 160 g;
- lemon juice – 2 tea boxes.;
- cognac – 1 h lodges.
Mix the powder and milk, slowly pour in the condensed milk. Add cognac, lemon juice, knead well mass. This sealant is white, she always has a yellowish tint.
A very popular marshmallow fondant from marshmallows, to make it better to buy plain marshmallows or separate them by color before cooking. You will need:
- 200 g marshmallows, marshmallows,
- 500 g icing sugar,
- 1 h lodges. butter.
- Marshmallows and butter put them in a container and reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds so the marshmallows started to melt.
- With a spoon stir the mixture until a homogeneous mass, in small portions enter the powdered sugar.
- The finished dough feels should resemble clay.
This kind of mastic is called pastila: it is essential when cake decorating, you need to make solid parts such as handles for baskets, but almost inedible, because it is very solid. Pastila after drying very well keeps the form, so it is sometimes used to make templates for sculpting figures with small details. Ingredients:
- sugar – 240 g;
- starch – 120 g;
- gelatin – 1 tbsp. lodges. with a slide;
- cold water – 60 ml;
- citric acid – 1 h lodges.;
- honey is better than artificial – 2 h lodges.
- Gelatin cover with water for 30 minutes, then melt in a water bath, add citric acid, honey.
- Separately mix the starch powder and gradually add to gelatin mixture, until a homogeneous smooth consistency.
- A bowl covered with cling film, pour the paste, wrap with cling film and leave to chill until the mass has ceased to blur.
- Before using pastila need to stretch, if it is very cold and not amenable to modeling, you need to put on 5 seconds in the microwave.
Ability to work with flower paste is a Testament to the skill in the confectionery business, because it is used for modeling delicate, realistic flowers. This mixture is the leader in the decoration of wedding cakes. Ingredients:
- powdered sugar – 550 g;
- gelatin – 10 g;
- water – 50 ml;
- lemon juice – 20 ml;
- corn syrup – 60 ml;
- cooking fat (shortening) – 20 g;
- carboxymethylcellulose – 10 g;
- egg whites – 2 PCs.;
- bleach for icing – optional, to give a mastic of white color.
How to do:
- To the gelatin add water and leave to swell.
- In a mixing bowl to lay the icing sugar, cellulose, bleach (if using), lemon juice.
- Soaked gelatin heat on a water bath, stirring, add confectionery fat, then corn syrup.
- Remove from heat, turn the food processor on medium speed, add liquid in a thin stream powdered sugar.
- Then switch the processor on high speed, add protein, lemon juice.
- As soon as the mass turns white and becomes homogeneous immediately stop mixing.
- Paste spread on a greased surface to form a sausage and tightly Packed in plastic wrap.
A lot is left to lie at room temperature for about 20 hours before you start to use it in culinary creativity. This paste kept in the fridge for up to 3 months in the freezer up to 6 months. Before you make the cake fondant, you need to defrost without using a microwave.
How to make fondant color or shiny
Before you make colored fondant for cakes at home, you need to determine exactly what color the mastic will need and what dyes will be used: special purchase, or natural dyes made from fruit and vegetables. If you prefer natural colors, do them in advance for a few days, they can be stored in the refrigerator.
To get a vegetable dye, crushed berries, vegetables rubbed on a fine grater, squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. Adding vegetable dyes need to know that they give a less intense color compared to the purchase of food dyes. If the color saturation to add more natural dye paste can be obtained a bright taste add the juice and will be more liquid, because it will be necessary to add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
Herbal ingredients give these colors:
- shades of red – the juice of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, red currants, different syrups of red or red wine;
- an intense pink color – beets;
- yellow – saffron tincture or lemon peel;
- green – spinach;
- orange is the color of carrot juice or orange peel;
- blue and purple dye grape juice, blueberries, red cabbage;
- brown – cocoa powder, strong coffee or hardened in the pan sugar (in the proportion of water 5:1).
Purchase food dyes are divided into the following types:
- dry – have a powdery look, before adding in the paste must be diluted in water (1 tbsp. lodges. of water to take the paint to the tip of a knife);
- liquid – it is better to add in the paste instead of water;
- gel is more dense and concentrated colors than liquid, and more economical.
By mixing dyes to get the fondant different colors. For example, mixed together with yellow, green and red dyes to create a dye of black color which adds to the mastic to give a test shades from light gray to deep black. The choice depends on the product, from occasion: wedding cakes abound in white, pink, Golden undertones, and baby – all the colors of the rainbow.
After siplivaya figurines for decorating cakes on them often there are traces of starch or powdered sugar used for rolling mass. That mastic turned out brilliant, you need to dissolve 1 tbsp. lodges. honey 1 tbsp. lodges. vodka, the resulting mixture is applied at the last stage of making the cake on the paste with a soft brush. The vodka will evaporate, no taste and no odor, and decorations will have a glossy finish.
Video tutorials: how to make a fondant cake at home
The formation of a variety of decorations for cakes – confectionery art, which can learn even aspiring hostess. Browse our selection of videos you would notice all important details of preparation of pastes of different types, will see practical techniques, how to make a skinny cake, the patterns on the paste, to glue the pieces of mastic and nicely handle the seams.
By following these tips, novice bakers will learn step by step how to make cake fondant, what tools it is convenient to use how to make decals, what technique of forming figures how to use pastile to a complex figurine for cake accurately display all the details. You will get inspiration and be able to practice the knowledge presented in the video about the production of mastic.
On the basis of marshmallows
From powdered milk
How to cook the fondant and make figurines out of it
A master class in decorating cake with fondant homemade
Photo of beautiful decorating cakes with fondant at home
The birthday cake – the main decoration of the table, it is in itself can be a birthday gift, and often displays his interests and Hobbies. For men often make a cake decorated on the theme of fishing, sports, cakes in the form of a book, case with money. When the birthday girl – woman, she will be pleasantly surprised with a cake with decorations in the form of a bouquet of her favorite flowers, luxurious bow or weightless butterflies. If the occasion for celebration – an anniversary, a cake is appropriate to decorate the figures for the number of years the hero of the day, using food coloring with gold or silver glitter.
Have a place to roam imagination when decorating the cake with fondant for kids birthday parties. Desserts for the little ones decorated with angel figures, make labels, how old was the baby. Older kids will surprise figurines of favorite cartoon heroes, cakes in the form of toys or cars, covered with colored fondant. Such jewelry is sometimes combined with the cake decoration candy. Candy you can buy or make at home. Appropriate cakes with themed decorations on the occasion of important events, for example, when a child goes to school.
The housewife who has good experience in working with fondant, bake house, even the wedding cake. Now the popular tiered wedding cakes. To blend in with the theme of the wedding, they can be covered with colored fondant a certain color and must include the appropriate decoration. The championship in the decoration of these cakes takes floral mastic, which is used for modeling of fine figurines of doves or of many colors, which is not true.