In chronic diseases of the myocardium of the patient, that such tachycardia of the heart. It is not a separate disease but a symptom that reflects the condition of the patient. To get rid of it is problematic, it remains only medicines to support heart function, pass diagnosis.
What is tachycardia
In fact, it is palpitations, which is felt spontaneously, unexpectedly. Doctors attribute this pathological condition to the types of arrhythmias, characterize heart rate more than 90 beats per minute. Heart disease, the tachycardia may be manifested by fainting and dizziness, the patient pushes the disturbing thoughts about your health. Palpitations has a number of natural assumptions that are not considered to be a disease in connection with the physical and emotional stress. However, it also occurs in the background of the progressive pathologic process.
The types of tachycardia
For a number of pathogenic factors, the disease may be physiological and pathological. In the first case we are talking about the natural reaction of the body, and the second is the disease that affects the cardiovascular system. Continuing to examine the types of tachycardia, you should focus on the sinoatrial node, which acts as the generator of rhythm. Classification of pathology of the following:
- the sinus in which the sinus node increases its activity;
- paroxysmal (ectopic) when the generator of the cardiac rhythm beyond the boundaries of the sinus node – is concentrated in the Atria.
To conservative treatment ultimately proved successful, the task of the cardiologist – not just prescribe a number of medicines, but also to conduct a complete diagnosis to identify the main precipitating factor. The fundamental cause of tachycardia depends on genetic predisposition, living conditions and psychological state of the patient. This is not all the prerequisites. To cause an attack can:
- heart failure, prevailing even in hidden form;
- myocardial infarction;
- pericarditis one variation;
- heart disease.
We should not exclude extracardiac factors that too often underlie the hazardous attack. This:
- innate characteristics of the myocardium;
- instability of the nervous system;
- endocrine disorders;
- neurocirculatory dystonia;
- infectious diseases with the presence of fever;
- long-term use of certain medications;
- emotional stress.
How dangerous tachycardia of the heart
First, the attack disappears without additional treatment, and is not accompanied by acute pain in the sternum, but only gives a sense of mild discomfort, violates the usual rate of breathing. In the absence of medical events with extensive heart damage, it is not impossible serious complications to health. The potential consequences of the tachycardia may be the following:
- If palpitations provokes physiological form of the disease, clinical outcome is favorable. You just need to eliminate the provoking attack factor, and then remove the symptoms.
- When pathological factors increases the risk of disorders of intracardiac hemodynamics, it is possible exacerbation of heart failure, arrhythmic shock, pulmonary edema, cardiac asthma, ventricular fibrillation.
Tachycardia – symptoms
If electric pulses are applied to the heart with violations, it is possible symptoms of tachycardia, which at first reduce the quality of life, after depriving the rest. It all starts with increasing frequency of palpitation, heaviness of the myocardium. The patient does not understand what it means sinus tachycardia, therefore, carries the discomfort on my feet. In differentiating the diagnosis will help the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath;
- shortness of breath;
- lack of appetite;
- a sharp decline in health.
Sinus tachycardia heart
The symptoms depends on the General condition of cardiac activity and variety characteristic of the disease. For example, sinus tachycardia of the heart, characteristic of more adult patients, manifested heart rate more than 100 beats per minute. Not to notice such a deviation is impossible, besides the additional characteristics of the specified disease are as follows:
- the feeling of my own heartbeat, which is complemented by nausea;
- chest pain paroxysmal character;
- the tightness of breath, a severe shortage of air;
- shortness of breath;
Paroxysms appear spontaneously, and it all starts with a sharp jolt to the heart. After that, rapidly increases heart rate up to 140-220 beats per minute, while maintaining the correct heart rate. Acute onset of tachycardia is complemented by a distinct noise in the head, oppressive feeling in sternum. Additional characteristics of the pathological process are as follows:
- excessive sweating;
- frequent dizziness, fainting;
- the sharp decline in the blood pressure;
- frequent fainting;
How to treat tachycardia
Ventricular tachycardia progresses to the extensive background of heart disease, so in the absence of timely therapy clinical outcome is poor. To confirm the diagnosis and identify pathogenic factors, the cardiologist requires echocardiography, daily ECG monitoring and cardiac MRI. Successful treatment of tachycardia starts after receiving the results on hand, includes the following therapeutic activities:
- to review the daily diet to adhere to dietary menu;
- to address the physical, psycho-emotional loads;
- receiving sedatives, thyreostatics drugs, β-blockers, calcium antagonists
- transvenous ablation of the heart in the absence of positive dynamics in conservative treatment;
- implantation of a pacemaker.
Find out what happens from tachycardia, a physician prescribes a medication course. The list of medications depends on the nature, intensity and etiology of the pathological process. Effective treatment of tachycardia after the Echo belong to the following pharmacological groups:
- Beta blocker: Concor, egilok, Adenosine, Verapamil, Inderal, Ritmilen.
- Glycosides: Digoxin, Cordarone.
- Sedatives: Diazepam, Relanium, Phenobarbital.
- Sedatives of plant origin: Valerian, hawthorn, motherwort (tincture).
People’s treatment of tachycardia
To determine the nature of the pathology, the doctors carried out an electrophysiological study to identify ways of advancing pulses to the myocardium. In addition to EFI is assigned to the magnetic resonance imaging, which helps to clarify the presumptive diagnosis. After that is the medication the above-mentioned pharmacological groups.
Not excluded people’s treatment of tachycardia, which includes the following effective recipes. Dried herb Valerian, motherwort or hawthorn infused vodka, and after is intended for ingestion in the amount of 20 drops at a time. It should drink the infusion three times a day. Such a course of therapy in progressive tachycardia is 14 days.
Tachycardia in children
This health problem is common in children – often up to 10 years. Identify the cause of the disease is able electrocardiogram by Holter and then prescribes the treatment. Often tachycardia in children is physiological in nature, so you want to eliminate the provoking factor, and the General condition of the child is normalized. Not superfluous will be receiving sedatives of plant origin.
If a pregnant woman suffers from diseases of the endocrine, respiratory or cardiovascular system, it is understandable why there is tachycardia of the fetus. Drug therapy has a beneficial effect for supraventricular shape characteristic of the disease. However, to assign medication can only cardiologist when indicated. In the predisposition to the problem the fact that it is better to figure out when planning a pregnancy.
Video: tachycardia — what is it and how to treat