Often, white shirts, pants or t-shirts after a few washings become grayish or yellow, losing their dazzling whiteness. How to whiten white clothes, to restore their original chic, and not to ruin the fabric?
1. Modern detergents allow you to return things to the original white, practically without additional efforts. In order to whiten slightly ashen shirt or blouse, during washing in the washing machine to add to the usual washing powder or bleach powder «booster washing powder.» Now comes a number of such tools that can be used when washing in automatic machines is specifically indicated on the packaging. They do not have a detrimental impact on the fabric and is effective even at low washing temperatures, which is particularly important in the bleaching of synthetics. Well established popular products under the brand names ACE, «barefoot plus», Vanish. For tidying the children’s clothes you can use bleach «Eared nannies.»
2. If the white things have markedly changed their color – they can also be bleached during washing in machine. Select a program with pre-wash and pour into the compartment for the main wash regular Laundry detergent and the compartment for pre – powder bleach. In this case you can use liquid bleach, and is suitable for machine washing. Carefully read the instructions and do not exceed the recommended dosage otherwise you may damage the fabric.
3. Heavily soiled items before washing for 2-3 hours to soak in the bleach solution before washing. If you use a powder tool before the loading to the basin, wait until the powder is dissolved, otherwise the effect on the fabric will be uneven. If we are talking about local discolorations (for example, a white shirt with «worn» collar and cuffs) – you can «precisely» to impregnate the gray areas with a bleach solution and leave for exposure for 30-40 minutes, and then send it to the cleaners.
4. If you are afraid to use whitening things modern household chemicals – you can use the «grandmother’s means». However, it is better not to use the hard «method of the grandmother» — the boiling with the addition of «White» or other chlorine-containing media. It really is drastically whiten, but leads to the fact that the fabric is very quickly decaying. In addition, boiling can be used only for things one hundred percent linen or cotton for all other fabrics under the influence of temperature are deformed and yellow. If you decided to boil the fabric – fill with water enamel basin or a large pot, add washing powder, grated household or baby soap (50-70 grams per 5 liters of water) and place things in a soap solution. Put on the stove, bring to a boil and «cook» for 10-15 minutes, then let cool and rinse as it should.
5. In the Arsenal of folk remedies for whitening there are more gentle ways. Add in a bucket with hot water and a little potassium permanganate (the water was a little pinkish) and about 200 grams of washing powder, put the already washed clothes, cover with plastic and wait until the water is completely cool. After that, things need to rinse.
6. Can be bleached white stuff and with the help of hydrogen peroxide. On 2 liters of warm water add one teaspoon of three-percent peroxide, you can also pour a little soda. Place in the resulting solution linen or clothing for 15-20 minutes. For uniform whitening things that are required from time to time to mix.
7. White stuff cotton or linen can be bleached, soak them before washing for hours in water with addition of ammonia (2-3 tablespoons per 3 liters of water). The ammonia softens the water and prevents yellowing of linen. If things are very dirty you can add in the water a couple of tablespoons of turpentine. Can be used for bleaching of natural fabrics and a solution of aspirin (3-4 tablets per liter of water) or citric acid (a teaspoon per liter).
8. To whiten the lace or tulle in a bucket with hot water, add two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and a spoonful of ammonia. Dip things into the solution for 20-30 minutes, then wash.
9. Can be bleached curtains of tulle or nylon and using salt solution. To do this, in a basin of lukewarm water dissolve salt (3-4 tablespoons per 3 liters of water) and dip into it already washed the cloth for 3-4 hours. After that, gently wring out and dry. Salt bleached synthetic fibers, and when dried will remain on the fabric in the form of small crystals, reflecting and refracting light, creating the effect of radiant white.
10. If you want to bring back the original whiteness of clothes made of natural cotton or wool, you can also use salt. Already the Laundry is dipped into the bucket of warm (about 40 degrees) water, which added a handful of salt, a bit of washing powder, 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and liquid ammonia spoon. After an hour remove and to wash.
11. In order for white stuff after washing remained the same white, they must be separate from non-ferrous and light things and to use powders specifically designed for washing white (usually, they contain a special optical additive that allows you to create the effect of shining white), in addition, items of linen and cotton should be washed separately from wool or synthetics – in this case, after washing, they will not be grey. Another common reason that white things don’t look spectacular – washing clothes or linens together with bath towels, or items from old fabrics. Small, almost invisible hairs «stick» to the fabric from which it ceases to look white and lose form. In addition, it is important to observe the recommended temperature washing mode: products made from synthetic fabrics often turn yellow due to exposure to too hot water.