If the inflammation of the lung tissue caused by increased activity of a virus, pneumonia is considered to be viral. Pronounced symptoms often prevails in children, in adults has been mixed viral-bacterial pneumonia. In the absence of timely treatment of this deadly disease, so it is important to act quickly.
How is viral pneumonia
Pathogenic flora is transmitted mainly by airborne droplets, ie dangerous viruses person inhales from the environment. Among the factors triggering the doctors emit such harmful microorganisms as parainfluenza virus and influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, metapneumovirus, varicella, cytomegalovirus, measles virus, and even herpes. There are other possible routes of transmission of viral pneumonia, for example, contact-household, which is especially important in childhood.
Viral pneumonia incubation period
From the moment of infection until the first symptoms should take some time. This is the period when harmful microorganisms to adapt to organic resource, begin to produce intoxication, detrimental to the internal organs and systems. The incubation period viral pneumonia lasts for a few days, but it’s an individual question. The determining factor is the immune system of a potential patient, no wonder that risk were the first thing small children.
Viral pneumonia – symptoms
The first signs of the disease was confined to bed because disease starts in the acute stage. Very difficult early on to differentiate lung viral forms, because symptoms similar to the common cold, SARS and flu. However, the main blow is necessary on the respiratory tract, which has a high concentration of adenoviral infection. The typical symptoms of viral pneumonia are presented below, thus have a systemic effect in the affected organism:
- recurrent headache;
- pain in the chest when coughing and at rest;
- pronounced signs of bradycardia, tachycardia;
- cough without sputum;
- indigestion, diarrhea;
- chills, fever, and other symptoms of fever;
- aches throughout the body, muscle pain;
- shortness of breath and tachypnea;
- nasal congestion, runny nose;
- nausea, vomiting, other signs of intoxication;
- moist rales;
- sore throat;
- hemorrhagic rash on the body;
- complete lack of appetite.
To suspect and time to determine what progressing viral pneumonia, attention should be paid to such specific symptoms, such as wheezing or a whistling sound during a call, increasing the temperature more than 40 degrees apparent signs of toxicity. Should immediately consult a doctor for diagnosis, to then time to begin conservative treatment.
The symptoms of viral pneumonia in adults
Symptoms of the older generation expressed moderately, because the pneumonia virus suppresses the human immune system. If the body is already have a chronic disease, the duration of the incubation period significantly reduced. Symptoms of viral pneumonia in adults start with acute respiratory failure, which is difficult to differentiate yourself at home. It is better to call the doctor, otherwise of influenza pneumonia can give dangerous to life and health complications.
The symptoms of viral pneumonia in children
If a child is sick, the first time the parents believe that this is a common cold. The disturbing thought begins to suggest signs of myalgia that are complaining about a weak kid. Concerned about a high body temperature, and to stabilize the temperature regime drug is very problematic. Other symptoms of viral pneumonia in children include changes in General health:
- redness of the eyeballs;
- blueing of the extremities on the background of the attacks of cough reflex, and cyanosis;
- insomnia, chronic fatigue;
- increased nervousness;
- clearly listening to the wheezing (wheezing sound when breathing).
Diagnosis of viral pneumonia
To determine the characteristic viral disease form can the doctor, with visual inspection and listening to the patient’s potential is not enough to determine the real clinical picture. The examination takes place in a hospital. Diagnosis of viral pneumonia includes the following medical events required for final diagnosis:
- An x-ray. This is a mandatory survey that is able to demonstrate any changes in light, predominant foci of necrosis.
- A blood test. Laboratory testing is important for determining the nature of the bacterial flora of the body. An elevated white count, ESR indicate inflammation.
- The study of mucus (sputum) for chemical composition. This way you can determine the stage of disease, to predict clinical outcome.
- Listening to the ways of the lower parts of the respiratory system. Thinking about the development of pneumonia viral forms suggests the presence of noise when the friction of the pleura, dull sound at percussion of the lungs.
Viral pneumonia treatment
Before to treat a typical ailment, it is important to determine the nature of bacterial flora. This considerably facilitates the choice of antibiotics, which are particularly sensitive to certain viruses. The basis of intensive therapy is the intake of antibiotic tools and antiviral drugs for rapid destruction of harmful microorganisms. Additionally, treatment for viral pneumonia involves the strengthening of immunity, partial or complete restoration of damaged lung tissue. No matter adult or child, treat the pathology are allowed only upon medical recommendation.
Treatment of viral pneumonia in adults
Selection of medicines is carried out individually by the attending physician, because the surface-medication can only aggravate the disease. Approach to the problem of uniquely complex includes bed rest, intake of antipyretics and expectorants. In any case, is based on the causal treatment, while appropriate medicines are prescribed based on the specifics of pathogens. So:
- When influenza virus is administered such medications like Rimantadine, Tamiflu, relenza.
- When the herpes virus infection doctors recommend to drink a course of the antiviral drug Acyclovir.
- Respiratory syncytial infection is supposed to take the drug Ribavirin.
- Activity of cytomegalovirus infection this is a medical drug Ganciclovir.
Systemic antibiotics administered with the appearance of such hazardous complications as purulent content of the lungs, persistent cough reflex. Drainage massage and medicinal inhalation accelerate the excretion of phlegm, it is additionally required to strengthen the immune system, to adhere to the symptomatic treatment. Additionally, effective treatment of viral pneumonia in adults may require oxygen therapy. Definitely health food and vitamins.
Treatment of viral pneumonia in children
If a child is ill, the tasks before pediatricians have about the same content. You need to kill the infection, to reduce the foci of necrosis of the lung tissue to reduce and eliminate troubling symptoms, strengthen the immune system of the child patient. Treatment of viral pneumonia in children provides a comprehensive approach that includes the following therapeutic activities:
- Bed rest, minimal exercise.
- Health food, easy to digest food, abundant drinking regime.
- Antipyretics: Panadol, Ibuprom, Nurofen.
- Physiotherapy: heat lungs, inhalation.
- Breathing exercises in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The intake of antiviral medications (Aciclovir, Zanamivir, Ganciclovir), rarely – antibiotics (flemoksin soljutab, Augmentin, Amoxiclav).
- Receiving bronchodilators, mucolytics, antihistamines to suppress the cough attack, and other symptoms of pneumonia viral forms.
Prevention of viral pneumonia
To eliminate the risk of infection during the seasonal quarantine, it is important to avoid high concentrations of people, especially children. Effective prevention of viral pneumonia include:
- washing hands after coming from the street;
- systematic ventilation of the room;
- maintaining in a residential area is sufficient humidity and air temperature;
- use only pre-washed food products;
- intensive vitamin therapy.
Video: symptoms of viral pneumonia