It can also be of interest to You:
Recycle bin in Windows is a special system folder, which by default are placed temporarily deleted files with the possibility of their recovery, the icon which is present on the desktop. However, some users prefer not to have a basket in their system.
In this guide on how to remove the recycle bin from the desktop Windows 10 is Windows 7 or completely disable (delete) the recycle bin so that deleted any files and folders would not fit in it, and also a bit about configuring the recycle bin. Cm. also:.
- How to remove the recycle bin from the desktop
- How to disable the recycle bin in Windows with settings
- Turning off the recycle bin in the local group policy editor
- Turning off the recycle bin in registry editor
How to remove the recycle bin from the desktop
The first option — simply remove the bin from the desktop in Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7. However, it continues to function (i.e., files that are deleted using «Delete» or «Delete» key will fit in it), but does not appear on the desktop.
Ready, now the basket will not be displayed on your desktop.
Note: if the bin is simply removed from the desktop, then you can get into it in the following ways:
- and then go to the folder $Recycle.bin (or just paste in the address bar of Explorer, C:$Recycle.binBin and press Enter).
- In Windows 10 in Explorer address bar click the arrow next to the specify the «root» section of the current location (see screenshot) and select the «shopping Cart».
How to completely disable the recycle bin in Windows
If your objective is to disable the delete files in the basket, i.e. to make it so that when you delete they are really deleted (as with Shift+Delete while the recycle bin), it can be done in several ways.
The first and easiest way is to change the settings of the recycle bin:
In most situations this is enough, but there are additional ways to delete the recycle bin in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7 — local group policy editor (Windows only Professional and above) or using the registry editor.
The author recommends to read:
- — what to do and why this is happening?
- (for video games)
Turning off the recycle bin in the local group policy editor
This method is suitable only for Windows editions Professional, ultimate, Enterprise.
How to disable the recycle bin in Windows registry editor
For systems that do not reflect the local group policy editor, to do the same thing using registry editor.
After that, the files will not be moved to trash when deleted.
That’s about it. If you have any questions pertaining to the shopping Cart, ask in the comments, I will try to answer.