Stains on clothes is a problem for every housewife. Encounter them all, even the most accurate. Among the most stubborn are inveterate stains from grease. If the contamination is strong and stubborn – get them will be extremely difficult. However with most spots still manages to cope at home without dry cleaning.
Question «about thermoapplication» — 1 reply
1. If grease has not been washed before proceeding to the removal of stains, to remove fat, yet had not managed to eat into the fibre, «vytopil» his fabric. Apply to the contamination of crumbled chalk, talc, potato starch or sodium chloride. Cover with blotting paper or paper towel (you can also use toilet paper, folded in several layers). Under the fabric is also put paper. Then carefully smooth out the resulting «sandwich» and iron. Under high temperatures the grease will melt, and the talc and paper cushion will absorb it.
2. Treat skin stain remover – whatever the packaging which States that it is intended to remove contaminants of this type. To spot not broke, apply the product gently, moving from the edges of the dirt to the center. Under the fabric again it is better to put absorbent layer of napkins or paper towels. Use the tool in accordance with the instructions on the package.
3. If you prefer home remedies for removing stains from grease you can use dishwashing detergent. They just focused on dissolving dirt this kind. If polluted a thing of light, and a tool for cleaning has a bright color before applying on the fabric it is better to dissolve with water and foam, or the fabric can be colored. Leave the lathered state for 20-30 minutes. Similarly, you can use a car shampoo – he also copes with the grease, even old and stubborn. Effective in combating fat contamination and soap – not toilet, and economic. Wet the cloth, RUB it well with a bar of soap (on the surface of the fabric to form the soap layer) and leave to soak for 30-40 minutes.
4. As a «home stain remover» can be used the mustard powder – it also copes well with fat contamination. Mix one part mustard powder with two parts warm water, stir until a homogeneous slurry and apply to the stain for half an hour, after which rinse. If the fabric is light – can be used to combat stains and potato starch. You need to use it similar to the mustard – mix with water to form thick slurry and applied to the fabric. But to sustain it you need to dry, then carefully shake off the starch with a brush.
5. After that wash the thing in normal mode, manually or in the washing machine. When machine washing, select a long cycle with pre-wash. To enhance the effect, add to the standard washing powder powder stain remover or «power washing» (like «barefoot» or «ACE»). If the contamination is extensive – you can instead pour the powder into the compartment for pre-wash liquid stain remover, designed for use in machines-vending machines (for example, Vanish OXI Action). With the use of means of restraint be sure to read the instructions and check that it is not in conflict whether bleach with a type or color of fabric. Hand-washing is best to pre-soak the thing in warm soapy water for an hour and a half. When soaking you can also add in a bowl of bleach.
6. After washing check whether the clothes traces of grease. If despite all your efforts, pollution has been preserved – try harder «folk ways».
7. You can try to cope with the slick fat of the ammonia (ammonia). It is better to use it on light fabrics, dark and coloured items may be partially discolored. Pharmacy ammonia solution, dilute with water in proportion 1:5 and apply the resulting solution contaminated site. Leave for influence for an hour, then iron with a warm iron through a cloth or paper towel.
8. Dark natural fabrics (linen, cotton, wool), you can try to clean with petrol. Put it under the pollution folded in several layers of clean soft fabric or 3-4 paper towels. Moisten a cotton ball in gasoline and apply a trace of fat from the edges to the center. Do not forget about safety – gasoline refers to the number of flammable substances, open flames so close to not be. In addition, processing is best done in a room with the window open. Express gasoline on the spot for an hour and a half. After that wash. Use extra rinse to get rid of the sharp odor of gasoline.
9. Another popular folk remedy that helps to deal with old grease spots – a strong salt solution. It has a bleaching effect, so to use it better for white or bright things. Dissolve in a basin of hot water salt at the rate of 150 grams per liter and immerse there soiled thing entirely (to avoid differences in color). You can additionally RUB the soiled areas. Leave to vymachivanija for two or three hours, then wash as usual.
10. Copes well with oily dirt and «national stain» out of turpentine mixed with pharmacy ammonia solution in a ratio of 1: 1. This tool is applied on the stains for an hour and a half, after which the thing is soiled must be washed.
11. After this treatment most of the impurities are able to get rid of. However, if the spot was too persistent – try to go to the dry cleaners. When we are talking about very old traces of grease, the employees of the dry cleaning are not always willing to guarantee the full cleaning of things – however, professional methods in such cases are often more effective home remedies.