It can also be of interest to You:
In this step-by-step guide detailing how to install Windows 10 from USB stick to computer or laptop. However, the instruction will be suitable in cases where a clean installation of OS is done from the DVD, any basic differences will not be. Also, at the end of the article there is a video about installing Windows 10, which after reviewing some of the steps can be better understood. There is also a separate manual:.
As of April 2017, when Windows 10 for installation by the methods described below, it loads the version of Windows 10, 1703 Creators Update. Also, as before, if you have already installed the license Windows 10 on PC or laptop, from any way, to enter the product key when you install not needed (click «I do not Have a product key»). Read more about the features activate the article. If you have Windows 7 or 8, it may be helpful: .
Creating a bootable drive
The first step is creating a bootable USB drive (or DVD drive) with the Windows installation files 10. If you have the operating system license, the best way to make a bootable USB flash drive — to use the official tool from Microsoft, available at(para «to Download the tool now»). In this case, the bit size of the downloaded tools to create the installation media must match the bit count of the current operating system (32-bit or 64-bit). Additional ways to download the original Windows 10 is described in the end of the article .
After launching this tool, select «Create installation media for another computer», then select the language and version of Windows 10. At the current time, it is sufficient to select just «Windows 10» and created flash drive or an ISO image will contain the edition of Windows 10 Professional, Home and for one language, editor’s choice occurs in the process of installing the system.
Then select create «USB flash drive» and wait while the installation files of Windows 10 will be downloaded and saved on a flash drive. With the help of this utility, you can download the original ISO image for burning to disk. By default, the utility offers to download exactly the version and edition of Windows 10 (will be note download with the recommended settings), upgrading to which is possible on the computer (based on the current OS).
In cases when you have your own ISO image of Windows 10, you can create a bootable drive in a variety of ways: for UEFI — just by copying the contents of the. ISO file onto a flash drive formatted to FAT32 with the free programs UltraISO or the command line. Read more about how the instructions.
Preparing to install
Before you begin to install the system, take care of your personal important data (including the desktop). Ideally, they should be stored on an external drive, a separate hard drive on the computer or on the «D drive» is a separate partition on the hard disk.
And finally, the last step before proceeding to put the boot from a flash drive or disk. To do this, restart the computer (it is better to reboot, not shutdown-enable, as quick download Windows in the second case, may prevent you from completing the desired action) and:
- Or go into the BIOS (UEFI) and install the installation drive as the first boot device. The entrance to the BIOS usually by pressing Del (on desktops) or F2 (on laptops) prior to booting the operating system. Read more — .
- Or use the Boot Menu (this is preferable and more convenient) is a special menu from which you can select which drive should boot this time, also called special key once turning on the computer. Read more — .
After booting from Windows distribution 10, you will see «Press any key to boot from CD ort DVD» in the black screen. Press any key and wait until the setup starts.
The process of installing Windows 10 on a PC or laptop
- If you have the manufacturer has pre-installed Windows, in addition to the system partition on Disk 0 (their number and size may vary 100, 300, and 450 MB), you will see another (usual) partition 10-20 GB. I do not recommend in any way to affect it, as it contains the recovery image system, allowing you to quickly return the PC or laptop to factory condition if the need arises. Also, do not change reserved system sections (except for those occasions when you decide to completely clean hard drive).
- Typically, the clean install of the system, it is placed on the section corresponding to the disk C, with its formatting (or removal). To do this, select the section (to the size), click «Format». And after that, choosing it, click «Next» to continue the installation of Windows 10. The data on other partitions and disks will not be affected. If you install Windows 10 on your computer was installed Windows 7 or XP, more reliable option would be to delete the partition (but not format), appeared to highlight unpartitioned space and click «Next» to automatically create the necessary system partition setup (or use existing if available).
- If you skip the formatting or remove and choose to install the partition on which OS is already installed, the previous Windows installation will be placed in the Windows folder.old, and your files are on drive C will not be affected (but will be a lot of garbage on your hard disk).
- If your system drive (Disk 0) nothing important, you can completely delete all partitions one by one, recreate the partition layout (using «Delete» and «Create») and set the system on the first partition, after the automatically created system partitions.
- If the previous system installed on the partition or drive C, and installing Windows 10 you select a different partition or drive, then your computer will be installed at the same time two operating systems with the choice you need when the computer boots.
Note: if you select a partition on the disk you see a message that you cannot install Windows 10 on this section, click on the text, and then, depending on what the full error text, use the following instructions:, ,
The author recommends to read:
- — what to do and why this is happening?
- (for video games)
Video demonstration of the process
In the proposed video tutorial I tried to demonstrate all the nuances and the whole installation process of Windows 10, and also to tell about some details. The video was recorded before the release of the latest version of Windows 10 1703, however all the important moments since then has not changed.
The first thing we need to attend to after a clean installation of the system on a computer is installing the drivers. At the same time, Windows 10 itself will load many device drivers when connected to the Internet. However, I highly recommend to manually find, download and install the necessary drivers:
- For laptops — the official website of the manufacturer of the laptop in the support section for your specific model laptop. Cm.
- For the PC from the manufacturer website of the motherboard for your model.
- You might like: .
- For video — related sites of NVIDIA or AMD (or even Intel), depending on which graphics card is used. Cm. .
- If you have problems with the video card in Windows 10, view the article (fit for AMD), can also be useful manual .
My second recommended action — after successful installation of all drivers and activate the system, but also to install programs(in the OS or using third-party programs) in order to considerably speed up the reinstallation of Windows if necessary.
If after a clean installation of the system on the computer something is not working or just need something to configure (for example,), most likely you will be able to find possible solutions on my website .