Lactational mastitis is characterized by inflammation of the mammary gland. It is called pyogenic germs, such as Staphylococcus or E. coli bacteria, which penetrate through cracks in the nipples.
Symptoms of mastitis
To detect mastitis by the following characteristics:
- temperature above 38 degrees;
- repeated chills;
- hot and red skin over the inflammation;
- cracks in the nipple;
- dilated veins;
- the sensitivity of axillary lymph nodes.
When the patient starts festering, her condition worsens, intoxication increases, there are changes in the peripheral blood.
Treatment of mastitis
The first thing to do during mastitis is to consult a doctor. This is a serious disease that is difficult and painful flows, and self-medicate it is better not to do, since the aggravation and suppuration sometimes even require surgical intervention. Specialist usually prescribes antibiotics and compresses. In the case of mastitis, the lactation immediately suppressed, and the child is transferred to artificial or donor food.
Folk remedies for mastitis
The main treatment of mastitis may be accompanied by traditional methods. Only with the permission of the attending physician uses herbal teas, herbal formulations and medicinal bandages.
1. In equal parts take the leaves of burdock, walnut and mother-and-stepmother, crushed them into a pulp, wrapped in cheesecloth and apply to the sore spot.
2. In thick-walled containers or in a thermos lay 1 tbsp. l. leaves and birch bark and pour 2 tbsp. boiling water. Insist liquid 6-7 hours, pass it through cheesecloth, cooled to room temperature and applied to the chest as a compress.
3. A paste of leaves of Kalanchoe laid out on folded in two layers of gauze and put on the chest.
4. A just picked peach leaves and grass take root in equal quantities, grind into a homogeneous mass, mix and apply on the affected area.
5. Oil of iris is applied on the chest compress or lubricate them affected areas.
6. Prepare napar of calendula and use it instead of tea, 3 cups a day.
Traditional treatment of mastitis may be a subsidiary, but not the only one. Any actions during this disease should be agreed with your doctor. Otherwise, the consequences can be very serious.