In order to extend the life of the bike, it must be lubricated regularly. If so, what kind of nodes to lubricate the bike, you can understand, then here’s how to lubricate the bike to choose their own is very difficult. Let’s consider step by step, what parts should be lubricated in the bike and what kind of lubricant to choose.
1. The Bicycle chain should be lubricated with grease having low viscosity and a good abrasion resistance. The best option would be a choice, like WD-40 or similar penetrating lubricant. And let WD-40 and its analogs is not quite the grease in the technical sense, but that such compositions are optimum for penetration into joints and chain links, so the best way wash out the dirt and do not leave a dirty trail. Of course, you can use specialized lubrication, but they are usually very expensive.
2. Cassette bike does not require regular lubrication, but needs to be cleaned periodically. When this cleansing would be useful to put on tape some plastic lubricant such as lithium grease, or also shed all stars WD-40.
3. Switches bike does not need lubrication, but a good idea to periodically lubricate the hinges of the front and rear switches. In addition, the rollers of the rear derailleur and the bearings of these rollers necessarily require regular lubrication. You can use any penetrating lubricant.
4. Modern bushings of Bicycle and carriage do not require regular lubrication, since going with the use of the grease. However, when servicing or bushings of the carriage and their analysis not too lazy to update the layer of oil. To do this, wipe the disassembled parts and apply a new layer of grease lithol-type or universal joint. There are special greases, but they also hurt the wallet.
5. The steering column does not require regular lubrication and going on greases. Do the steering column similar to the bushings.
6. Ratchet bike greased with liquid lubricant. If the grease is too thick, the petals ratchet will sink and the part can be damaged. Also,do not forget that initially ratchet planted on the thick lubricant and by rinsing the parts with a liquid penetrating lubricant you will wash the bearings and ratchet. Require regular greasing. So, don’t miss this detail and do it only when really necessary.
7. The cables of the bike when mounting it is possible to lubricate with silicone grease or graphite grease.
8. The legs of the fork and the damper shaft require constant lubrication liquid silicone lubricant.