Pregnant women are a special group of patients in dentistry. The status of women in this period is not a contraindication for dental treatment, but this was in order:
- First, inform your dentist about your pregnancy, tell time and describe their condition. You should not treat or remove teeth, if you feel unwell or worried.
- Any foci of infection in the oral cavity (caries, damaged teeth) can be a source of infection of the fetus, for this reason during pregnancy is not only possible, but necessary to treat teeth.
- The best period for dental treatment is the second trimester (13-24 weeks). By this time already formed a reliable protective barrier for the fetus.
- In case of acute tooth pain or acute inflammatory process, dental intervention should be performed immediately, regardless of gestational age, whereas routine treatment is recommended to postpone the second trimester.
- Procedure teeth whitening and implants are contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Allowed the use of anesthesia, the doctor uses a separate anesthesia with reduced levels of adrenaline or anesthesia without adrenaline depending on your condition during the reception.
- X-ray diagnosis needs to be performed with computer radiovisiograph, whose penetrating power is 90% lower than standard x-ray apparatus that allows the quality of diagnosis without harm to the pregnant woman.
A useful tip? Yes No Print dental Treatment during pregnancy