Since childhood we know that sweets spoil the teeth, sticky pop and there is a risk not to go through the door. Unfortunately, these horror stories are not groundless, and sugary foods in children’s diet really should be restricted. Or even excluded from it in case of Allergy, which occurs almost every second child. Why so often there is an Allergy to sweets in children that causes an allergic reaction and how to help your child?
The content of the article
- Symptoms of Allergy to sweet the child
- Causes of Allergy to sweet
- How to treat Allergy to sweet the child
- Vigilance, patience and lots of love
Symptoms of Allergy to sweet the child
Children are much too often adults are allergic to sweet. This is because children’s digestive systems are not fully formed, and the digestive tract do not produce enough enzymes to digest complex food. In addition, the symptoms of any food allergies in children are more pronounced, and the risk of complications is higher than in adults.
The main symptoms of Allergy to sweet foods include:
- rash, dermatitis, urticaria — often in the buttocks, abdomen, neck;
- strong skin redness of the cheeks (diathesis);
- itching in the feet, hands, face and neck;
- the appearance of dry skin on the feet and hands.
In rare severe cases may experience nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, anaphylactic shock and angioedema. Similar symptoms, of course, require immediate medical intervention.
Causes of Allergy to sweet
The most common and yet the misconception is that the cause of childhood allergies in the sweet part of sugar, that is glucose. It is not so, otherwise the Allergy is caused only by candy and similar products, while the instigators are often the fruit that contains sucrose and fructose.
In fact, glucose, sucrose and fructose themselves are not allergens. Such allergies simply do not exist in nature. But they can act as catalysts for allergies to other substances. Sugar in all its form is a simple carbohydrate. A large amount of simple carbohydrates in the gastrointestinal tract triggers the fermentation processes that violate the chemistry of the breakdown of proteins. The result is premature proteins are absorbed into the bloodstream and thereby trigger allergic reaction.
Thus, if the organism of a child reacts negatively to any sweet food, it’s most likely a gluten Allergy. After all, children have a food Allergy, or the so-called pseudo-Allergy, the most common. This happens usually because of immaturity of the enzymatic system and the structural features of the gastrointestinal tract.
However, you cannot overlook the fact that there is intolerance to certain types of carbohydrates, the breakdown of which the child’s body does not produce enough of the necessary enzymes. It can be allergic to milk sugar – lactose, nuts, soy, wheat flour, chocolate that is popular and highly allergenic ingredients most factory of confectionery. To determine exactly what causes an allergic reaction in a child is possible only through special skin tests.
How to treat Allergy to sweet the child
As with any other food allergies, the main method of treatment and prevention of Allergy to sweet diet. However, in this case, completely excluded from children’s diet carbohydrates – is not only unnecessary, but also dangerous, as they are the main source of energy for the entire body – especially for a growing child’s body. If you noticed diathesis, rashes or other symptoms after eating a sweet child, remove from his diet of chocolate, sweet biscuits, pastries, cakes, ice cream and other foods with a high sugar content. It is possible and even necessary to keep foods such as oatmeal, wholegrain bread, pasta and sweet fruit with low allergenicity — bananas, grapes, pears.
If the child still ate sweet and was covered with red spots, it is necessary to urgently begin treatment. Modern antihistamines are usually good at relieving symptoms (itching, skin rashes), but, in fact, are only means for the relief of allergies, and not always quick response. They have a lot of side effects, including provoking a new allergic reaction and, in addition, many of them are strongly contraindicated for children up to 3 years. So taking antihistamines can be started only after consulting a doctor.
The main purpose of anti-allergic therapy – the complete removal of the allergen from the child’s body. And with this task perfectly cope drugs-chelators, for example, Polisorb — powerful and soft sorbent of new generation, effective for the treatment of allergies, diarrhea, poisoning and cleansing the body.
Unlike other sorbents, POLYSORB easily holds on themselves large molecules of allergens and quickly removes them from the body naturally. The drug collects and eliminates toxins, histamine and more than 200 biologically harmful substances formed in the course of allergies. Thus, POLYSORB struggling with the cause of allergic reactions within the body.
Among the obvious advantages POLYSORB – its instantaneous speed due to the powder form. Time for «grinding» inside the stomach is not required, so POLYSORB begins to act in 1 to 4 minutes after administration. In addition, POLYSORB can easily take even the most finicky kids: it can be mixed not only with water but with juice, fruit drink, juice or other favorite drink of the baby. So the child will not even notice that he drank the cure.
It is also important that Polisorb has a minimum of contraindications and licensed for use children from the first day of life. It contains no preservatives, flavoring and aromatic additives, which virtually eliminates the risk of allergies to the drug itself.
Vigilance, patience and lots of love
Life without sweets is possible and poses no hazards. Moreover, with final formation of the digestive system in most cases allergic to sweet passes. And the fact that the first few years of life, your baby will live without cakes and pastries, go to his health just for benefit.
Perhaps the main problem here is emotional: how to explain to the child that he still can’t eat sweets, and how not to turn every holiday into an occasion for tears and grief. Tell your kid so he will have beautiful and strong teeth, he will grow a slender and agile. Support the child as his example: do not buy home sweets and not eat them in the presence of the baby.
In addition, it is necessary to warn about allergic reactions to sweet grandmothers, caregivers and parents of child’s friends that will invite him to birthday parties and other children’s events. Of course, little sweet tooth will be hard to resist a piece of fancy cake or chocolates, and you, and especially strangers, will keep up with him. Do not scold the child if it came from a friend’s birthday covered in red spots. Rather, give him the treatment, hug and let him know that you always help him and support!
A useful tip? Yes No Print Why occurs in children allergic to sweet