Nowadays air mattresses are very popular among the fans to relax in nature. Due to its characteristics and compactness they are used not only for swimming but also as a sleeping place in a tent. However, the inflatable mattress has one drawback – it is easy to damage, contact with sharp object can cause the holes. So, how to patch air mattress at home?
You will need
- — A fine-grained emery paper;
- — polyurethane glue;
- — the patch;
- — scissors;
- — degreaser (acetone; alcohol or gasoline).
1. If during use the mattress started leaking air, is to think about what this product has damage in the form of a puncture or cut. Need to find the puncture, it is possible to lubricate inflated the mattress with soapy water (to inflate the bubble at the injury site) or immerse it in water (if you have perfect pitch, toga you can hear the puncture site by a characteristic hiss). At bubbles you will find technical damage.
2. If the damage is on the velour side, you must use fine sandpaper to gently abrade the pile. Space Stripping should be slightly larger than the area of damage. Then it is necessary to degrease the location of future repairs, it can safely use cleaned gasoline, acetone, solvent clean or rubbing alcohol.
3. When buying a mattress, the kit should include the patch. If possible purchase in a specialty store repair kit Intex. It consists of patches of flock, transparent vinyl tape (for repairs to a smooth surface) and adhesive. If there is none, cut out any rubberized material suitable for the size of the patch. It is not recommended to apply super-glue, it could further damage the surface of vinyl. May use for this purpose elastic adhesive for rubber (polyurethane), such as «Time».
4. Apply the adhesive on the pasted surface, make sure that he accidentally fell into the hole. Apply the patch on the puncture and press firmly, put a mattress stuck under the press for a day.