There is a disease that more often affects women. One of the most common pyelonephritis, which provoke the occurrence of disease-causing germs, bacteria. The disease is infectious in nature and is characterized by inflammation of one or both kidneys. Sometimes the symptoms are vague or absent, and sometimes are manifested through the years. Describe in more detail how to manifest pyelonephritis in women, symptoms and treatment of which are non-specific, and how to treat inflammation of the kidneys. In the case of late therapy complications: sepsis, abscess, renal failure.
The symptoms of pyelonephritis in women
Because of the disease of infectious nature, characterized by signs of inflammation. They are different in periods of exacerbation and remission, manifested all or only some. These symptoms are characteristic of other diseases, so a doctor’s consultation. The symptoms of pyelonephritis in women are divided into local, shared. To common include:
- lack of appetite;
Local is dysuria. To them are related:
- frequent urination, cramps, cloudy urine;
- allocation of unknown character;
- lower back pain;
Often this form is observed after undertreated acute pyelonephritis. Hidden flows, so its presence is determined by accident or in the investigation of urine, or by indirect symptoms:
- Patients feel a constant ache in the lower back, not understanding her reasons. In cold weather the pain increases.
- Sometimes nauseated.
- Manifest weakness.
- Concerned about frequent urination.
- If there are changes in temperature, this indicates the presence of purulent focus.
Minor signs of illness: decreased performance, constant feeling of chill (even in the warmer months). Treatment of chronic pyelonephritis in women must be. If pyelonephritis in women symptoms and treatment straightforward, but nothing is done, decreased urine specific gravity, there is arterial hypertension. A diseased organ becomes too many scars, the kidney shrinks and ceases to cope with its functions.
Signs of kidney problems in women in this form appear suddenly. Due to inflammatory processes high temperature (up to 40-41 degrees). It can arbitrarily decrease and again reach a critical point. Hypothermia is accompanied by a strong perspiration, and considerable prostration. In addition manifest the following symptoms:
- Pain in the lumbar region: blunt, often with one hand. When you try to palpate the diseased kidney they are amplified and pass into the groin. The aggravation happens when you bend forward.
- Frequent urge to urinate. Urine is cloudy or reddish in color with an unpleasant pungent odor.
- Nausea, sometimes vomiting, headaches.
- Urinalysis shows bacteriuria, leukocytosis and elevated ESR.
As a result of hormonal imbalance, changes in the size of the uterus, from the first days of pregnancy, often developing pyelonephritis. Some of the disease is without symptoms, at others it appears so:
- Aching in the lower back.
- Elevated temperature at night (evening) hours.
- The speeded-up urination.
- Often the disease is accompanied by high blood pressure.
- Enhanced swelling of the legs, there is puffiness of the face.
- Complements the picture of the feeling of weakness, weakness.
- Prevention of pyelonephritis in pregnant women is to provide a urine sample.
Treatment of inflammation of the kidneys
How to treat pyelonephritis kidney? If the patient has a severe form, hospitalized, prescribed bed rest. Recommended drinking plenty of fluids, foods containing carbohydrates. Be sure to prescribe antibiotics, antibacterial drugs. The treatment of the chronic form are similar, but time-consuming and more labor intensive. After the diagnosis, the patient is prescribed antibiotics, normalize immunity, recommend your stay at the sanatorium.
With pyelonephritis in women symptoms and treatment are about the same for all. The answer to the question, than to treat pyelonephritis, one necessarily antibiotics. They are prescribed after identifying the causative agent and determine the condition of the kidneys. The course – up to 6 weeks. When form a scheme the treatment of pyelonephritis and select the the drugs, the doctor takes into account 2 details: antibiotics must be effective against the pathogen and not to burden the kidney. Successfully cope with pyelonephritis:
A little less than antibiotics administered sulfonamides. They have bacteriostatic properties and are struggling with chlamydia, cocci, gram-negative rods, but not affect Pseudomonas aeruginosa, anaerobes. From the group of sulfonamides are prescribed:
Another group issued medium – ftorhinolona. They are effective against gram-positive bacteria, anaerobes, intracellular pathogens. The patient should be administered:
Video: popular treatment of pyelonephritis
After reading the above mentioned information there should be no questions about what is pyelonephritis and how to treat it medication. There are many methods of folk medicine that help to prevent the development of disease, to get rid of it. After drinking infusions significantly improves health in chronic process, in combination with the main treatment they help to recover faster. Information about how to be treated at home, presents in the video below.