In this tutorial details on how to configure or disable hibernate mode in Windows 10 like the new settings interface and familiar control panel. Also, at the end of the article the main problems related to the work of the sleep mode in Windows 10 and how to address them. Similar topic:.
What can be useful to disable hibernation: for example, for somebody to pay when the power button is pressed the laptop or computer shuts down and won’t go to sleep, but some users after upgrading to the new OS was faced with the fact that the laptop does not resume from sleep. Anyway, this is not difficult.
Disable sleep mode in Windows settings 10
The first method, the most simple is to use the new interface of Windows 10, to get to that via «start» — «Settings» or by pressing Win+I on the keyboard.
In the options menu, select «System» and then «Food and sleep». Right here, in the «Sleep» you can set the sleep mode or turn it off separately when powered from the mains or battery.
Here you can adjust the settings and turn off the screen if desired. At the bottom of the page the power settings and sleep mode I have «advanced power settings», which you can also disable hibernation, and at the same time change the behavior of a computer or laptop when you click off or close the lid (ie you can disable the sleep and for these actions). About this next section.
Sleep mode in the control panel
If you go into power settings in the manner described above or via the control Panel () — power options, there you can also disable sleep mode or to fine-tune it, to make it more accurate than the previous version.
Opposite the active plan click «change plan settings». On the next screen you will be able to set when to put the computer to sleep and select «Never» to disable sleep in Windows 10.
If you click below on «Change advanced power settings», you will be taken to the detailed settings of the current scheme. Here you can separately specify the system behavior associated with sleep under «Sleep»:
- To set the transition time to sleep mode (0 means disable).
- To enable or disable hybrid sleep (which is a variant of the sleeping mode saving memory data to the hard disk in case of power loss).
- Allow Wake timers — there are usually no changes are necessary, except when you have a problem with spontaneous switch on the computer immediately after turning off (when turning off the timers).
Another section of options for the plan, which has to do with the sleep mode is «power Buttons and lid», here you can separately set the action for closing the laptop lid, pressing the power button (default for laptops is a dream) and the action for the sleep button (I don’t even know how this looks, not seen).
The author recommends reading:
- — what to do and why this is happening?
- (for watching videos and games)
If necessary, you can also specify options for turning off hard drives when idle (see «Hard drive») and options to disable or reduce the brightness of the screen (see «Screen»).
Possible problems with the sleep mode
Now, the typical problems with sleep mode in Windows 10 and not only he.
- Sleep mode is disabled, turning off the screen also but the screen still turns off after a short time. I write this first paragraph, because most often addressed this very problem. In the search in the task bar, start typing «screen Saver», then go to settings of screen saver (screen saver) and turn it off.
- The computer does not return from sleep mode or shows a black screen or simply not respond to buttons, though an indicator that it is in sleep mode (if there is such) is illuminated. Most often (strangely enough) this problem is caused by video card drivers, installed the Windows 10. The solution is to remove all video drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, then install them from the official website. Example for NVidia, which is fully suitable for Intel and AMD video cards described in the article . Note: for some laptops with Intel graphics (often a Dell) you have to take the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website of the laptop, sometimes 8 or 7 and install in .
- Computer or laptop immediately turns on after shutdown or in sleep mode. Spotted at Lenovo (but can appear on other brands). Solution — in the advanced settings of the power supply, as described in the second section instructions to disable Wake timers. Moreover, it is necessary to prevent a revival from the network card. On the same topic, but more: .
- Also many problems with the power schemes, including sleep on Intel laptops after installing Windows 10 are associated with the automatically installed driver Intel Management Engine Interface. Try uninstalling it through device Manager and install the «old» driver from the manufacturer’s website of your device.
- On some laptops, it was noticed that the automatic dimming of the screen to 30-50% at idle was completely off the screen. If you are struggling with this symptom, try the additional parameters of the power section «Screen» change «the brightness of the screen reduced brightness».
That’s it. Think told on such a simple topic even more than you have to. But if you still have any questions on sleeping mode of Windows 10, ask, we will understand.