If your site is visited by many people, it can be made more interactive by inserting mini-chat. This addition will allow visitors to communicate with each other and do not take up much space on the page.
You will need
- — HTML-code chat;
- — program for editing HTML code;
- — The FTP client.
1. Use one of the special resources to create a mini-chat, for example, «Chatovod» or «Chatium». Create and specify in the special fields, the name of the future of the chat and the address of his page. The address must contain not less than four and no more than twenty characters. After filling all required fields click «Create chat».
2. Go to your mailbox at the address you specified when creating the mini-chat and go through the activation process. In the control panel of the chat, highlight and copy HTML code for insertion on the website. You can choose one of four different types of code.
3. Open your chosen HTML page for mini-chat, using Adobe Dreamweaver CS5, and paste the copied code. Using FTP client upload to the server of your website modified page.
4. Install the necessary chat settings in the control panel. So he could appear in the directory tree, put a tick in the appropriate text box. The site administration to create a mini-chat will review your project and after some time will approve.
5. Select a suitable design chat. You can use the finished design, and to set the necessary settings manually, for example, change the font size, background color and background image. After you save the chat settings you can’t change its code.
6. Assign a moderator and administrator chat. They can become any user registered on the site. In rights includes the right of the moderators to lock and unlock users and administrators have the ability to add and edit ads. In case of sending you the relevant applications to users they must give their consent to receive the posts of administrator and moderator.