This disease is considered the disease of the century because they suffer more than half the inhabitants of the planet. Inflammation, pathological disorders of the gastric mucosa causes a variety of reasons. What? Let’s try to find out. We will understand what the symptoms of gastritis are characteristic of different types of this disease. Learn that include diagnostic tests.
The main types of gastritis
In modern gastroenterology, the disease is classified into separate types according to the type of pathology of stomach acid:
- Hypoacid, acidy – with zero or low acidity. The kind that is characterized by inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Occurs on the background of decreasing the amount of produced gastric secretions (juice), a decrease in the percentage of its acidity. Occurs in the chronic form.
- Hyperacidity is a form of disease increased or normal acidity. Common among young people and children. Occurs in an acute form, characterized by an increased amount of produced gastric juice, increased the percentage of its acidity.
The form of the origin, development are acute (occurs suddenly, develops rapidly) and chronic (gradual development) gastritis. On effects on the digestive process is catarrhal, erosive, phlegmasia, fibrous, etc. On the etiology of the occurrence of gastritis are divided into microbial, arising under the influence of microbial and nemikrobnoy, which become a cause of injury, poisoning, surgery, medication. There is another occupational disease classification – typology of pathogenesis:
- type a – autoimmune;
- type b is exogenous;
- type a plus B – random;
- type C is caused by chemical irritation;
- special shape;
- on the background of altered secretion.
This form of gastritis occurs when short-term emergency exposure, is limited to acute inflammation. In his form the following types of gastritis:
- Catarrhal (simple, banal). Occurs after food poisoning, infections, on a background of stress, due to improper (irregular) food, alcohol, carbonated beverages. For this form is characterized by the inflammation of the mucous membrane, blood vessels of the stomach. The destructive process does not occur.
- Erosive (necrotic, corrosive, fibrous). Characterized by multiple focal burns to the stomach lining, destruction of superficial and deep layer of the mucosa, with scarring. Caused by ingestion of heavy metals, acids and strong alkalies. This provokes a stomach ulcer, so often signs of gastritis and gastric ulcers are similar.
- Phlegmasia – purulent «melting» of the gastric walls under the influence trapped in his traumatic objects (pins, nails, etc.). Characterized by tension of the walls of the peritoneum, shock, peritonitis.
For this form of pathology characterized by a gradual structural adjustment, atrophy of the gastric mucosa. The process of exacerbation alternating with remission. The etiology of the disease is the basis for its classification:
- Autoimmune (fundic). Anemia, is caused by exposure to antibodies on the cells of the stomach.
- Bacterial (antral) gastritis is caused by bacteria Helicobacter pylori, which absement the gastric mucosa.
- Hemorrhagic (reflux gastritis, chemical). His reason is the reflux of bile from the duodenum, the non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs.
- Atrophic. Accompanied by a decrease in volume of gastric mucosa cells.
- Hypertrophic – thickening of the mucous layer.
Inflammation (acute form) and structural change (chronic gastritis) mucosa is caused by a variety of reasons, ranging from the banal eating disorders, to hereditary predisposition. Among the common factors of acute gastritis, the doctors are the following:
- poor quality food;
- bacterial infection;
- the abuse of alcohol;
- medication (aspirin, indomethacin, diclofenac etc.);
- food and chemical poisoning;
- injury of the stomach;
- violation of metabolic processes.
The reasons that provoke the development of chronic forms of the disease, becomes:
- poor nutrition;
- food, irritating the mucous;
- duodenal reflux (duodenitis);
- helminthic invasion;
- vitamin deficiency;
- infectious diseases;
- endocrine disorders;
- kidney disease;
- genetic predisposition.
The first signs and symptoms of exacerbation in adults
Symptoms of gastritis in men and women alike. In 90% of cases the beginning of the disease is permanent or paroxysmal pain in the stomach, acute inflammation accompanied by vomiting and painful cramps, chronic form occurs halitosis. For each form of gastritis is characterized by specific signs. Consider common symptoms of gastritis of the stomach and its manifestations in the forms with low and high acidity.
For all kinds of acute and chronic gastritis is characterized by common symptoms, indicating pathological changes of gastric mucosa:
- burning or aching pain in the solar plexus;
- abundant saliva;
- periodic vomiting;
- lack of appetite;
- the tongue coating;
- weight loss;
- disorders of the intestine;
- unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- noise in the ears;
At high acidity
Specific symptoms of stomach gastritis with high acidity:
- prolonged pain in the stomach, stoped eating;
- emerging after eating heartburn;
- diarrhea (diarrhea);
- a metallic taste in the mouth;
- intestinal gases;
- the pain on the right side under the ribs;
- morning nausea.
At low pH
This form of gastritis is characterized by pain except a feeling of heaviness in the stomach and the rapid saturation. In addition to the General symptoms peculiar to this disease, gastritis with decreased secretion (anatsidnyh) is accompanied by:
- rumbling in the abdomen;
- disgusting smell from the mouth (the result of putrefaction);
- rotten belching.
Features and symptoms of the course of gastritis in children
For children characterized by acute form of the disease, which often occurs in school period. Chronic gastritis in children is rare, characterized by dyspeptic syndrome: a feeling of heaviness, indigestion and stool. In atrophic form of the disease disturbed General condition, develops hypovitaminosis a and anemia.
Gastritis hyperacidity (excess secretion of the stomach) the main manifestation is pain, which is provoked by meals and physical activity. The chronic form of this disease is characterized by regurgitation, recurrent heartburn, local tenderness, stomach disorders. When this overall condition does not deteriorate.
Signs of acute gastritis in children is the prevalence of vomiting, which often becomes uncontrollable, lethargy, constant intestinal pain and what are the symptoms of gastritis of the stomach in children is characteristic of all types of gastritis? To the common symptoms doctors include:
- pain in the upper abdomen;
- heaviness and discomfort in the intestines, in the stomach;
- poor appetite;
Methods of diagnosis
The primary symptoms of gastritis – about the urgent treatment to the doctor for a full diagnosis and confirm or refute the suspicion of this disease. Patient complaining of stomach pain and other characteristic of acute or chronic gastritis, the symptoms, the doctor examines and assess the condition of the skin, other symptoms of the disease. The initial stage of diagnosis – palpation (palpation) of the abdomen. If the pain escalates, the doctor will assign more research, laboratory and instrumental:
- Fibrogastroduodenoscopy (EGD, gastroscopy). Investigation with a probe, popularly known as swallowing the bulb, held by a physician-endoscopist. If necessary, placed inside of the stomach cameras are made photos or video.
- Biopsy – method study of diffuse lesions of the mucosa, which is the extraction (otsyrevanie) fragment.
- Study of pH-metry – determination of acidity of the stomach to determine the extent of the development of the secret, determining the fact and extent of inflammation of the mucous. Is carried out by the method of Express-analysis or information capsule ingestion, endoscopic study.
- Ultrasonography and radiography of abdominal cavity organs. Used in the detection of gastritis in children and in the differential diagnosis. Helps to explore the terrain of the body, the presence of ulcers, tumors.
- General analysis of blood.
- Tests for Helicobacter pylori (Cytology).
- Biochemical analysis of blood.
- Urine analysis in paediatric practice.
- The study of the diastase liver function test diagnosis of the severity of the disease, concomitant diseases, complications.
- Analysis of feces for the presence of hookworm infestation.
Video about the symptoms and treatment of gastritis and stomach ulcers
Want to learn more what is a gastritis in a child, the symptoms and treatment of this disease in adults, what are the common signs of chronic pathology and acute inflammation? Watch the video below from the television series on health. The doctor, the guest of the popular talk show, reveals gastritis symptoms in women in the Studio. For example, complaints of the patient are considered characteristic signs of pathology, explains the types of disease, methods of treatment, necessary diet, effective natural remedies, herbal treatment.