Maternity leave (leave for pregnancy and childbirth) relies all women according to the Labour Code of the Russian Federation. The basis for access to the decree will be a medical report and your statement. To calculate the date of publication of the decree is very simple.
1. Will specify the approximate date of delivery (PDR) puts women’s consultation in which you are observed. Even if you have an opinion on this, send you on maternity leave will be according to the attending doctor. Doctors usually rely on data on the timing obtained during the early fetal ultrasound. Some calculate the arithmetic average between dates by date of birth and all the ultrasound studies.
2. Calculate your maternity leave: according to the Labour code of the Russian Federation, the duration of leave in singleton pregnancies and childbirth have passed normally is 140 calendar days (70 days before birth and 70 days after). In case of complicated birth — 156 days (70 before and 86 days after birth). In multiple pregnancies and the birth of two and more children — 194 days (birth up to 84 calendar days and after childbirth — 110 days).
3. Remember, maternity leave is calculated in total, includes the period before and after delivery, and provided in the manner prescribed by law fully, no matter how many days was «spent» prior to delivery.
4. Remember that you may make relying regular annual paid leave and use it immediately before maternity leave or after it.
5. Note that even if your plans include going on maternity leave after the deadline, the doctor has no right to issue you a certificate of disability later. In the same situation is the accountant of the employer, which does not have the right not to consider a sick leave. So officially you go out the decree within the period prescribed by law. Some employers go «to meet» and offer special conditions. But remember that the responsibility for their own health and the health of the baby you bear.
6. Remember that at the time of your stay on maternity leave you are entitled to the subsidy, which is set by law. Benefits are calculated in accordance with average earnings calculated over the 2 calendar years preceding the year of onset of pregnancy leave and maternity leave, leave to care for a child. The amount of the benefit cannot be less than the minimum wage.