Called Conjunctivitis is an inflammatory disease of the conjunctiva. It is very common in newborns. However conjunctivitis in children has always been many times easier than in adults, and rarely leads to the development of various complications. However, to combat child conjunctivitis must, and the sooner treatment begins, the faster will be the effect of getting rid of unpleasant diseases.
1. Gets conjunctivitis is the most common lesion of the conjunctiva in newborns. First one eye is affected, soon two. Purulent the allocation is for centuries and stands on the eyelashes. For the treatment make the child wash the affected eye with an antiseptic solution of potassium permanganate or furatsilina.
2. Can also apply tetracycline eye ointment. In this case, apply the ointment in small quantity directly into the eye, then lashes at the kid will not stick together.
3. Pneumococcal conjunctivitis. Infection often occurs from the outside. Usually the disease is fairly acute, almost always on both eyes. In this situation, the eyelids become swollen, the rash comes a certain point, the formation of white-gray film, which is quite easy to remove. For the treatment is also assigned rinsing with antiseptics (for example, solution furatsilina), and apart from them — eye-drops in the form of a solution of chloramphenicol. When done correctly, all appointments to the pediatrician this conjunctivitis the child can be cured in about two weeks.
4. Gonococcal conjunctivitis is a painful and unpleasant inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes. It becomes a threat if it is caused by the gonococcus have Nasera. In such a case, diagnosed «gnobleniya». Until they started all over the world to apply preventive measures (before 1917), gnobleniya was the cause of the blindness of many infants. Infection occurs when the fetal head passes through the birth canal of the mother, who suffers from gonorrhoea. Inflammation is manifested in the baby in the second or third day after birth. Both eyes are affected. The eyelids are sealed and swollen, there are mucous and bloody discharge, which pass through 3-4 days in the purulent and abundant. If you suspect this disease the bacteriological examination. Therefore, each child immediately after its birth the eyelids treated with a special solution of boric acid, and instilled 1% solution of silver nitrate.
5. Chlamydial conjunctivitis (trachoma agent) is chlamydia cause its in contact with the mucous membrane of the eyes of newborns during their passage through the birth canal of a mother who aches genital chlamydia. Children who have swelling of the eyelids, abundant mucous purulent discharge, also on the side of the affected eye is significantly increased parotid lymph nodes. The basic principle of treatment in this case is a common antibacterial therapy. At the same time as local therapy used eye rinsing solutions furatsilina and potassium permanganate. For the lower eyelid you can lay the tetracycline ointment. A sick child is prescribed azithromycin, peloidin or lomefloxacin in drops.