The task of white blood cells is to protect the body from germs and other particles that can bring harm to humans. These cells destroy bacteria by their absorption and digestion. Norma leukocytes in human blood suggests that they are sufficient to overcome a dangerous disease. To determine the state of health, you must make a General analysis that will show the real picture. To learn how to decipher the white formula is not easy, so to do it correctly can only doctors.
The normal number of leukocytes in the blood of an adult person
On average a person aged 18 years, white blood cells should be from 4 to 8 mg. They perform an important role functioning of the human body and carry out such functions:
- Recognize foreign substances, viruses and bacteria.
- Remember the structure enters the body of pests for decades.
- Fight and destroy pathogens by immunity.
The optimum content of «white men» the weaker sex is from 4 to 8 units. Their concentration is occasionally changed due to certain conditions:
- An increase of several units is the norm of leukocytes after birth.
- When women’s monthly bleeding, because this period is a risky infiltration of unwanted infections.
- During overheating, there is an increase up to 10 mg, it is a valid indicator.
In healthy men the content of white cells is between 4 to 9 units. These figures can vary up or down. This change depends on various reasons:
- If blood sampling for analysis to occur after a heavy meal.
- After taking hot bath.
- After exercise, so before testing a campaign on training have to be postponed.
The table of norms of leukocytes in children
Before the treatment of colds, your pediatrician should check the blood to determine the presence of infection. The high content of lymphocytes would indicate a viral or bacterial disease. The result of the analysis is assigned a respective, radically different treatment. Therefore, arbitrarily to establish procedures and prescribe antibiotics to kids is strictly prohibited. In children up to 15 years, the level of fighters against viruses changes over time. Norma leukocytes in the blood in the year of the baby for convenience is represented by:
The age of the child
The required level (in mg per 1 ml of blood)
|1.||From 0 to 7 days||7-10|
|2.||From 1 year to 3 years||6-10|
|3.||From 3 to 7 years||5-9|
|4.||From 7 to 10 years||5-9|
|5.||From 10 to 15 years||4-9|
What does the leukocyte count
The blood of man can tell about his health, so upon the slightest suspicion of the disease should be tested. After examining the issued laboratory sheet, the doctor can determine the presence of pathologies, seeing as white blood cell count. Their concentrations reveal a lot about the pathologies that in identifying at an early stage help to cure the patient with the lowest cost.
If the analysis showed that leukocyte count less than normal, it indicates such changes in the body:
- With age, they cease to be produced and their concentration gradually decreases. Ability of the immune system fades, so older people often get sick and suffer ailments.
- Pathology of bone marrow.
- Avitaminosis (lack of vitamins) decreases the production of white blood cells.
- Poisoning of the body by radioactive substances.
- The presence of parasites in the body.
- The failure of the thyroid gland causes leukopenia.
- A decreased level of lymphocytes in newborns speaks of the underdevelopment of the thymus.
- With AIDS, there has been a sharp decrease in immunity.
High concentration of lymphocytes is a signal about penetration into the organism of pathogenic substances. At this time the immune system begins to struggle with existing virus or bacterium, which is accompanied by inflammation and fever. Elevated blood levels are saying and other diseases.
- In allergic reactions is an increase of eosinophils.
- Venereal diseases accompanied by increased neutrophils.
- The leukocyte count is above normal can be after severe stress.
Video of the leukocytes in the blood
This video will be interesting for those who want to learn how to properly decipher their tests without the doctor’s assistance. Elena Malysheva will tell, what should be the level of leukocytes in the blood, the rate of which sometimes varies. Watching the video, you will learn what determines the increase and decrease in number of white cells. The information provided by the known doctor, will be useful to young parents. I wonder what a normal amount of «white fighters» during pregnancy and in infants?