Creating thing with my hands – elegant shawl stylish handbag or beautiful booties for your favorite baby – you realize your creative vision. Investing a piece of your own soul wants to hand-made products long them happy. Tunisian crochet – unusual for many knitters technique, the development of which will not take much time. At the same time dense and soft, it will not stretch, lose shape or plaid cap, children’s pants or bathing suit trend, created by a skilled (or not) by the hands of masters.
What is Tunisian crochet technique
Unusual patterns to crochet, reminiscent of the obverse surface or the rubber band patent, a «cell» and the bumps, you will be able to create using ordinary hook. However, it is not common, and especially long – up to 20-30 cm Afghan, Tunisian crochet is a method of creating fabric in which a pattern is formed on the basis of the two-level scheme of the series. One is running from right to left and the second in the opposite direction.
What is a Tunisian knit crochet? The first row of each «step» is formed by the required number of loops with different ways of stretching the thread, influencing the appearance of the pattern. «Stretching» the thread through the loops of the second row, you create a cross-weave, which produces light, airy and dense at the same time canvas. The classic combination of duck and bases, characteristic to woven materials, to help things, bound crocheted using the Tunisian technique, to maintain the original appearance.
Warm jackets and coats-based Afghan knitting will never be stretched on the hips or elbows even without lining. The neck and sleeves of sweaters, vests exactly coincide with the pattern and trend of handbags will not lose shape. Look beautiful jacquard patterns using different colors of yarns to warm the products in the Scandinavian style. The lack of distortion, stretching and shrinkage the difference between cloth and lace, connected by the Tunisian way. Cell-cell, resulting in the creation of a «simple braid», perfect for embroidery.
What tools you will need:
- The elongated hook. A cross between crochet and knitting needle with the special lock (snagging) at the end. The average length of a «knitting device» – 20 cm. to Buy the hook you will be able in stores or on web sites for lovers of needlework: «the Aspens.ru», «Bench craft» and similar.
- Crochet hook with fishing line. Allows you to create large width items – blankets, shawls – without joints solid product.
- «Double» hook. Resembles externally circular knitting needles. Long fishing lines (up to 1 m), connecting the short hooks-knitting needles, perfect for an oblique or transverse leaf. It will facilitate Tunisian crochet circle crochet designer rug or trendy hats.
- Thread. Afghan method has high density knitting. When choosing a yarn, keep in mind that the correlation with the Tunisian hook should be a size or two more in favor of the latter.
The main loop and the knit a long hook
How to crochet using the Tunisian technique to create paintings? This method has some features that should be considered novice masters:
- A variety of patterns, pictures, and articles based on them are knitted only on the front side.
- The scheme of the direction of the thread Shuttle. At the bottom, or the first row of each pattern is the set of loops of a hook for Tunisian crochet from right to left. Promazyvanie loops is in the opposite direction.
- The degree of tension of the main yarn when knitting should be an average: dialed loop with tight thread will be very difficult to knit into.
- To keep the hook when performing Tunisian crochet in the recruitment of loops, vyvazhivanii the original line conveniently as with a standard technique (three fingers, similar to a pencil or pen). The second row to perform well, holding a long hook, like a knitting needle.
- Before you start creating things using the Tunisian technique, you need to link the sample of 10×10 cm, It will help to calculate the exact density fabric to match items of your scheme (the pattern).
Knitting for beginners in Tunisian style is the initial reading schemes, patterns, symbols. The figure shows a schematic representation of a simple netting, which is the base for the Afghan method:
- a small circle marked loop zero – row- chain (braids) that are not included in the patterns;
- long straight vertical line means matched loop of the bottom row of each «step»;
- wave dash is a loop from which to create a chain of air bases transversely stretched second row.
Try to make a small piece (sample) of the fabric-by-step explanations and instructions:
- Secure thread with knot wrapped around the hook and leaving a small tail.
- Start to knit into the air the chain, as in standard knitting. The number of loops «pigtails» must match the number of vertical lines on your diagram.
- After zero purl a row, turn the canvas face. Starting with the rightmost loop, enter the hook into the loop of the zero row and pull a new one. Note: the hook must be placed above main thread so that the loop is not twisted.
- When he reached the left edge of the previous row in Tunisian crochet you must have the same number of loops as indicated in the diagram.
- Then so crochet one loop of air «lift» to the second row.
- Put alternately thread every two loops, creating an air chain that serves a transverse base fabric.
- Get the hook up at the head of the upright column (loop) of the previous row, as shown in the picture. Pull a new loop without promazyvanija.
- Repeat the pattern specified in the schema number of rows.
Diagram and description of patterns Tunisian crochet
Unusual handbags, knitted socks or boots for the house, scarves, coats – non-exhaustive list of products, which perfectly fit the Tunisian way of needlework. Often even experienced seamstresses surprised how unusual and stylish things made on the basis of this technique. Among the various patterns the most popular are:
- front and back stitching;
- openwork wave;
- «the cage».
Why to prefer the first two options of crochet that imitates the creation of the knitted fabric on the needles? Tunisian method assumes a dense, durable structure product that you can wear for a very long time. And saving the thread will be released not less than 20% relative to more conventional ways of craftswomen. He learned how to create patterns using Tunisian crochet, you can create real masterpieces of design art with your own hands:
- The front binding. In our scheme, as well as free online tutorials Tunisian needlework, copyright on the pages, the way promazyvanija hosiery (front) loop is denoted in the form of an inverted drop. So, to create a canvas that simulates the front surface of the spokes, you need to perform several actions:
- So crochet a chain zero the number, typing the desired number of loops.
- The first «level» (marked on the scheme as «1R.») follow in the technique of «plain weave».
- Starting with the second «step», when typing the first row of level of the head of the hook should enter from the front side in an extended loop of the previous bar so that the top was the top of the loops and side-chain reverse of a number.
- Grab the main working thread and make a loop front.
- Return row – from the left edge to the right – fit similar to the simple pattern Tunisian style.
- Purl knitting Tunisian crochet:
- So crochet the zero and first levels, using the pattern «simple braids» Afghan way.
- Bring the working thread on the front side of the canvas. She must «lie» on top of the product.
- Enter the hook into the typed column of the previous row, as in the ordinary Tunisian weaving.
- Grab the working yarn with the hook head, performing a movement from left to right.
- Pull the resulting loop and leave on hook.
- The second row of each level vymazyvaja conventional chain.
- Openwork pattern «Wave». Based on the traditional «Tunisian stitch». Each bottom row of «stepping stones» promazyvaetsya traditional column, as shown in the diagram. In the second (backward) row, you should purl 5 together dialed loops + 1 loop «lift», i.e. a total of 6 loops. Then so crochet 4 chain of air loops.
Learning video tutorial for the Tunisian crochet
Feature of Tunisian crochet is a two stage technique is not difficult to master. It is characterized as a «binding stack»: the first row of each «step» consists of a typed, but not knit loops. Learning several technique video «Tunisian simple weave», you will be able to expand skills. You will create exquisite flowers for products with a 3D effect, learn new patterns and schemes of the crochet, the order of subtraction and addition of loops. The tutorials will step you through to understand the intricacies of this kind of needlework.
Detailed tutorial for beginners
Master class on knitting flower
Pattern “Honeycomb” in a circle Tunisian crochet
Photos of models made in the Tunisian crochet technique
Cozy blankets associated caring hands of masters, will warm a cold winter evening. Bright pillows in the Afghan style decorate your living room. Blankets with fun cartoon characters or thematic drawings will please the inhabitants of the nursery. Want to work as a designer-a designer of your own kitchen? Associate a set of stylish oven gloves cotton – durable, reliable, they accentuate the distinctive style and the comfort of home.
Beautiful and elegant items made by the Tunisian method of crocheting that will appeal to kids, adults members of the household. Warm Slippers are hand-made boots or uggs will attract young ladies. Moms and grandmothers will appreciate a stylish purse, delicate napkins, tablecloths. Do not forget about yourself beloved: knitted coats and cardigans – at the peak of popularity. That link is a lightweight hat, warm hat or a refined tunic – you decide. Below is a collection of photos of the products created crochet based on Tunisian knitting technique.