If you’ve decided to learn to play the guitar, and in music school to go it’s late and no time to study in a music College you can perfectly master this art at home. All you need is the desire and a good tool.
You will need
- patience, persistence, inspiration
1. To start, select a guitar. To learn to play, of course, it will be easier on an acoustic guitar: the strings and the frets on it are positioned a little further from each other than the electric guitar. Although softer strings on the electric guitar.
2. Choosing an instrument, guided by their own preferences: the shape, size and color of the soundboard of a guitar can be any, but the guitar should be comfortable to hold in your hands. When playing the guitar, the weight is transferred to the right knee, from the top adheres to the soundboard with your right hand. The left hand should be completely free. It is preferable, of course, take classical guitar or Western.
3. The main thing you need to pay attention, in addition to convenience – the height of the strings above the fretboard. The higher above the fretboard the strings are, the harder it will be to put and to hold chords.
In addition, swipe your fingers on the edges of the neck – iron sills must not protrude from the fretboard on the sides, otherwise when you play the guitar you can seriously damage fingers.
4. And, of course, the guitar must build. Ask a friend who knows how to play guitar, to go with you to the store, configure and play the guitar. The sound of chords extracted must be clean and conform to the truth.
5. So, the guitar is selected. The first thing you need to learn to do is to configure your guitar. Especially new strings tend to stretch out quickly from the game, and the tool from one side. You can tune a guitar by a tuning fork, electric tuner or online via the Internet.
Check the tuning of the guitar is necessary before each lesson, so as not to spoil your ears: he is not recoverable.
6. Now the hard work – to develop finger chords. To do this, put your index finger on the first fret of the sixth string near the nut, hold the string and extract the sound with the thumb of the right hand. Removing index on fret 2 of string 6 put the middle finger, repeat the exercise, then hold the 6th string ring finger on fret 3 and finger 4 on fret.
Remove fingers from the strings, removing the sound, in reverse order: from the little finger to the middle.
7. Fingers that know no strings, the first time will be hurt badly and not be heard, but don’t lose your perseverance. As soon as the left hand is very tired, rest for a while, then proceed to the lesson.
All great guitarists did this exercise that allows you not to lose dexterity.
8. You can pick up guitar scales and practice them: extract the sound will be more interesting and will allow you to continue training. Or ask your musician friends to show you simple melodies played by Robin. It is playing Robin, you’ll quickly develop fingers.
9. Remember that the sound is extracted as follows: the thumb of the right hand «works» with the sixth and fifth strings. Index finger – fourth string. Average – with a third, unnamed – with the second and little finger with the first.
10. After the fingers are more or less easy will be on the right chord, move on to chords. For the first time enough to learn 10 chords to find the most simple melodies.
11. To musical literacy go when a little will understand the chords and you are ready. Many newbies are so scare notes that the inspiration to learn comes to naught, the guitar is thrown immediately and not taken for years together.
12. Try to do at least two hours per day in the first month, and then, when the fingers will zarubey, you can increase the sessions to 4 hours a day. The more often and longer you will take in hands a guitar, the faster you will learn to play on it.
Play, and all you get!