Do not think that medicinal and homeopathic remedies can be used for medicinal purposes in its sole discretion, ostensibly because they are natural and cannot cause harm. Such medicines, such as Valerian, do not contain any chemical components, but have clear indications for use: how much, to whom and when.
1. In the pharmacy you can buy tincture of Valerian (one of the most common forms), but there are others: tablets, dried herb, tea, drops, powder, charges. Valerian is most effective when a systematic and long-term use, but not more than one and a half months.
2. This is a sedative medication that is caused by the presence in it of essential oils and alkaloids. Take Valerian for nervous tension, nervous heartbeat, tachycardia, neurasthenia, insomnia and neurotic spasms in the stomach. The medicine has a relaxing effect, helps the body reduce nervous feelings.
3. It is not worth to take antidepressants, if you have a hypertensive diagnosis. In this case it has the opposite, stimulating effect, disrupts sleep.
4. To make an infusion, pour boiling water crushed roots of Valerian and insist in a thermos during the day. Drink one tablespoon three times a day. If you are susceptible to increased excitability, drink 1/3 Cup three times a day.
5. Powder from the roots of Valerian, take 1-2 g 3-4 times a day as a sedative in migraine.
6. Tablets, 200 mg, take 1 tablet before meals 2-3 times daily 100 ml (half a Cup) of water. How long can I drink Valerian tablets, should solve your doctor.
7. Not arbitrarily increase the dosage of the medication in the hope of improving the effect of the drug. Overdose can cause the opposite effect, overstimulation, nausea, retardation of thinking.
8. You should not give Valerian to children at least 3 years, especially with the irritability and moodiness of children is often the result of a process of growth and development, rather than a nervous breakdown. If you still want to use sedatives, place the crib next to tuft of grass or adding Valerian tincture in the evening bath.