Smartphones, tablets and other gadgets have become an integral part of our lives. Waving from advice on metered time of use, we have continued to correspond before bedtime with friends, read news. Recent scientific studies have confirmed the danger of this pastime.
5 reasons why bedtime should be postponed smartphone away from the bed:
- The lighting disrupts the biological clock of day and night.The bright blue color used as a backlight on most gadgets, in daylight creates effect of simulated sunlight. Preparing to sleep «hugging» with a smartphone sends a signal to your own body about the continuation of daylight. The brain reacts by stopping the production of melatonin – a crucial hormone, which hints to the body that it is time to go to the «arms of Morpheus». The consequences are grim: disturbed biological cycle of day and night, it becomes hard to fall asleep and not Wake up less problematic.
- Blue light affects the brain.When the level of melatonin and the sleep cycle broken, the next day you will not get an ordinary distraction. Do you like to play or chat in social networks at night the concentration is reduced by 28%, and the ability to perceive new information by 30%.
- Violation of the usual cycles of sleep leads to insomnia. Chronic sleep deprivation cannot be restored due to the «extra» hours on other days. Consciously reducing the time a night’s rest, we stimulate the production of neurotoxins, impair the quality of sleep.
- Bright blue color negatively affects the production of serotonin.Studies show that people with low levels of melatonin and biological disorders of sleep are more prone to depression. When the internal clock is transferred permanently, there is a hormonal imbalance.
- BlueLight illumination causes a drop in vision.Constant direct exposure to blue light can damage the retina. Especially susceptible to the negative effects of children and adolescents. Clinically it is confirmed that the degeneration of the Central retina directly depends on time spent at the «blue screen» in bed before going to sleep. The result is a loss of ability to see objects directly in front of you.