Pet lovers know the many diseases that affect Pets. Not all diseases can be caught from cats and dogs, but there is one that can be transmitted to man. She gives a lot of trouble, and to get rid of it is no easy task. Is ringworm ringworm in humans. How is the disease? Through everyday contact with infected people or Pets. How dangerous is ringworm? It could easily lead to baldness, to leave ugly scars on the skin and bring to lethal outcome.
Symptoms of ringworm in humans
This fungal disease has two kinds – amazing hairy parts of the body and not affecting them. The incubation period of ringworm is 5-45 days. At the initial stage of ringworm appears red or pink spot on the skin, which over time begins to itch. The redness grows and accumulates along the edges of the roller of small bubbles. Itching increases, and around the spot show new lesions.
The symptoms in all people are the same. Ringworm in children, because of their greater propensity to allergies, often takes aromatase-swollen form. It is the character of a strong inflammatory process, the lesions peel, stain strongly itch and itch. The form is accompanied by enlarged lymph nodes and edema. Let’s see, looks like ringworm in humans in the photo.
On the head
The hair of the head is a single lesion ringworm. Round spot size of 1-10 cm surrounded by ridges of vesicles with yellow fluid and have irregular shape. Inside there is a second pale pink stain, which is covered with small scales. When the infection is ringworm penetrates into the deeper layers of the epidermis, the structure of the hair follicle is destroyed and hair break or fall out. In place of depriving the lesions appear «cropped», bald skin.
On the body
On the skin of the favorite places of location of the lesions ringworm – chest, shoulders, arms, legs, groin. Deep form characterized by small subcutaneous nodules up to 3 cm Possible severe swelling, pus. Shingles on palms and feet has the form of blisters. If the disease affects the nails, it is expressed by the appearance of dull spots on the edge after the plate is destroyed.
On the face
Often the disease is papular-squamous variety. The borders of lesions are formed in very prominent tubercles. Ringworm ringworm in adults on the face appears red spots, which are covered with scales whitish hue, and much itching. Lesions can be single or to cover up to 75% of the surface of the face. If ringworm is not cured on time, then the probability of acquiring chronic.
Treatment of ringworm in humans
You will grieve, but quickly cure ringworm will not succeed. Noticing the first signs of herpes, immediately consult your doctor. Only a qualified dermatologist will answer your question how to treat the disease effectively. If the diagnosis is confirmed, be sure to isolate the patient and direct all efforts to a single disease does not become epidemic.
- Sulfur salicylic. Effective and cheap tool. Ringworm spots cuticles twice a day for 2-3 weeks.
- Ointment ringworm «Èkzoderil». Daily rate – 1 time in continuation of 2-8 weeks. A sign that ringworm takes place, is to reduce blemishes in size and volume. The skin is covered with scales and begins to peel. When, passing his hand over the spot, you wouldn’t notice, then ringworm was gone.
- Sulfur-tar, tar, sulfur ointment. The sequence is as follows: in the morning the lesions should be treated with iodine, and the night the drug. Therapy lasts 2-3 weeks. After about a month the spots to lubricate iodine.
- «Ketoconazole». The daily intake for adults is 1-2 tablets. For children less than 30 kg drug dosed proportions of 4-8 mg/kg per day. Contraindicated for pregnant women, breastfeeding and children under 3 years of age.
- «Griseofulvin». Ringworm ringworm in adults treated with this drug 4 tablets a day. For children prescribed 21-22 mg per kg of body weight. After the first negative analysis, medication drink with the same dosage for another 14 days via the day, and the following 2 weeks every 2 days.
- «Orungal». Is available in capsules. Medication drinking weekly rate of 1 tablet per day. Medicine with extreme caution is assigned to pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Brilliant acting ointment from the fresh juice of plantain (1 Cup), ash of birch bark (1 tbsp) and medical alcohol (1 tsp). This mixture smeared ringworm lesions 4-5 times daily. A week later, the disease recedes. Well helps in an infusion of chamomile, which is rubbed into the skin surface in the morning, afternoon and evening during the week. Another effective folk remedy – propolis tincture, which is sold in any pharmacy. During the week moistened swab grease places ringworm daily 5 time.
Than to treat ringworm in children
Algorithm of actions:
- Isolate the child from others.
- Visit a dermatologist for a diagnosis.
- In accordance with the recommendations of the doctor, use local means of ringworm is ointments, creams, sprays. For Example, «Ciclopirox».
- If ringworm affects the head, the dermatologist prescribes «Griseofulvin»: 0-3 years 0.5 tablet three times a day, 4-7 years, one to 2 times a day, 8-15 years: 1 to 3 times/day. The reception lasts 2-3 weeks, after should analysis for the fungus. If it is negative, the course is continued for 2 weeks daily and a further 14 days from the reception day.
- Recommended in conjunction with antifungal therapy can I immunostimulating. Give your child Echinacea, «Immunal» and etc.
- Have to be treated 1,5–2 months. At this time clean up after yourself. Infected linen wash separately, household items or disinfection.
The main cause of infection is contact with infected object. Do not let the child to homeless animals. If your house has a pet, get him vaccinated against microsporia. Observe hygiene rules: coming from street, wash your hands, use only personal household items (towels, combs). After visiting the pool or bath, swimsuit and all the accessories flush with powder. After the session, be sure to take a hot shower with soap.
Video: looks like ringworm in children
How to distinguish fungal disease from normal dandruff? It’s just. Unlike dandruff, ringworm causes a lot of discomfort and has its own characteristics. Its localization point and the disease develops gradually. Itching makes the child nervous and combing the scalp. Pay attention to the condition of the baby, it can become inflamed lymph nodes, increased body temperature.