According to medical statistics more than 45% of females suffer diseases of the breast. One of the most common ailments is cyst of the breast. It refers to formations of benign character and looks like a capsule with a liquid content. Often cysts are formed from the ducts of the breast due to the fact that lining their tissues begin to grow quickly too. The dimensions of the thoracic duct increases, the secretion begins to fill it. When the cavity grows up to one centimeter, it is referred to as cystic formation.
The cause of the education
There are several reasons why you receive breast cyst:
- the main source of the disease is considered a change in the level of prolactin and estrogens – female sex hormones;
- pregnancy and childbirth may also cause disease, because they can significantly influence a hormonal background;
- the appearance of cysts in the breast sometimes associated with prolonged administration of hormonal contraceptives;
- injuries of the mammary glands;
- breast surgery is carried out earlier;
- prolonged exposure to UV rays;
- strong emotional stress;
- diseases associated with hormones (for example, problems with the thyroid gland).
Varieties of cysts in the Breasts
Mastopathy cystic type means the predominant growth of tumors, a dense connective capsule with liquid inside. It is a benign disease that can be seen in the photo, is divided into five types – recurrent and very dangerous precancerous that require attention. Let’s look at each of them in more detail.
Breast cyst atypical character referred to as benign entities. It is distinguished by the growths, protruding into the inner cavity. Atypical cyst is accumulation of fluid in the cavity that occurs after you increase the ducts in the breast. This type of disease is characterized by the presence of fibrous capsules of spherical shape. The main causes atypical forms are:
- the relapses of cystic formations;
- inflammation that begins in the cyst;
- the appearance of benign growths.
To «background» and treats ailments of the fibrous cyst. Education appear in the formation of the breast cancer. In this case, often stands out from the nipple yellowish liquid. If when palpating the breast felt dense botryoidal education, it speaks about the presence of fibrous cysts. Fibrous education: polycystic disease (Reclus), cystic breast disease, cystic mastitis. Such terminology is no longer used today. In the guides there are 2 types: nonproliferative and proliferative fibrous cyst.
Solitary (single) cystic neoplasm is a big cavity, which is formed in one mammary gland. The cyst has an elastic texture, rounded shape and filled with liquid of different colour shades. The main causes of this disease:
- genetic predisposition;
- the age of 35 and others.
Intraductal papilloma or ductal cysts often formed in the form of small benign growths inside the breast. It can develop in women of any age, but frequently occurs after 50 years. Ductal cystic formation applies to dangerous types of diseases, it is often considered to be a precancerous condition. The sources of:
- diabetes mellitus;
- dysfunction of the ovaries;
- inflammation of the uterus;
A cyst in which there is the appearance of a separate entity, called the multi (plural). After a certain period of time, strung together as a single cyst of the breast. Often the disease manifests itself due to:
- excessive alcohol consumption;
- poor nutrition;
- long medication.
The main signs and symptoms
Cyst of the breast at initial stage may not have symptoms. Every woman should carefully monitor their health and several times a year to visit the gynecologist. After a certain period of time when the disease develops, you may see the following symptoms:
- different strength chest pain (increasing in the second phase of menstruation);
- the appearance of a tight formation in the breast;
- sometimes from the nipple released fluid;
- there is a strong irritability;
- characteristic headache;
- plagued by unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen.
Methods of diagnosis
To diagnose cysts of the breast used several methods of research:
- Initially, the doctor conducts a standard examination. Through probing he will examine the Breasts. Even if the seals are to be found, to confirm the diagnosis this is not enough.
- A woman is referred for a mammogram – an x-ray of the breast. Through this procedure, find out what is the size of the cystic education, determine the best site for puncture. Mammography suggest that you implement all the ladies from 45 years because in this period increases the risk of developing cancer.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) allows you to accurately see and describe the formation, to calculate changes in the surrounding tissue of the cyst.
- Ultrasound to detect cysts in the breast are recommended for women under 30 and pregnant women, as this technique does not cause radiation «load» compared to the previous method of research.
- In some cases, assigned a cytological analysis of biological material, which was taken from education. Through such research you can find out whether the cyst is malignant.
- The final diagnosis is established after the results of morphological analysis (biopsy).
How to treat a cyst of the breast in women
If was diagnosed with a cyst in the breast what to do in such a situation, will prompt the doctor. Assigned to immediate treatment of the disease. There are several options for getting rid of the disease: conservative treatment, removal of tumors by surgery, traditional recipes. Understand each method and see which scenario is prescribed one or another type of treatment.
If the cyst of the breast has a small footprint (less than 0.5 mm) and detected at the initial stage, it is possible to delete it is not necessary. The doctor individually selects a competent conservative therapy. A woman should see a gynecologist, endocrinologist and immunologist. To achieve resorption of the cystic lesion of the help of modern medicines or nominated a puncture of cysts of the breast. Is a small puncture, the fluid is pumped out and introduces a solution through which the capsule dissolves.
Another effective procedure for the treatment of cystic pathology aspiration. It consists in the fact that cavity formation fluid is extruded through a thin tube. If the pumped liquid is not blood, therapeutic measures are not required, but if on the contrary the patient is sent for additional tests. Often from cysts helps remove hormone treatment. The doctor prescribes a long course of drugs. Together they restore the hormonal balance in the body.
When conservative therapy is powerless or turns out that the tumor can be malignant, is assigned to removal of the cyst surgically. Surgery is performed under General anesthesia. The surgeon cuts from the breast cystic capsule and part of the tissue that surrounded it. At the end of the operation is cosmetic neat seam that becomes almost invisible after the rehabilitation period. Surgical intervention will not affect the Breasts. For example, it will not affect your milk or feeding your baby.
Treatment of folk remedies
In some cases the effect of treatment of cysts of the breast folk remedies. This method involves using only natural ingredients: herbs, vegetables and other. It is worth saying that home treatment of grandmother’s recipe it is advisable to discuss with your doctor in order to avoid serious consequences. A few effective ways of treatment:
- Infusion of Hypericum. Take 25 g of the dried herb, and fill it with hot water (200 g). Wait until the liquid becomes warm. Then dip it in a tampon of cotton wool and applied to the portion of the breast where the cyst is best palpated.
- Cyst of the breast treated red beet. Boil a few pieces of beets, clean and shred on a coarse grater. Select 150-200 g of warm gruel, and add to it 2 tbsp of vinegar (9%). For 2 weeks make compresses for the night.
- Grease a sheet of white cabbage with butter and applied to the chest. On top put a piece of cloth or dress with a soft bodice. Compress leave for the night. This method relieves pain.
- Make an ointment of celandine and melted butter (1:1). Gently RUB the area of the breast that bothers me, and not wash off the ointment 3-4 hours.
What are the dangers of education
Many women wonder if a cyst is detected in the sternum if it’s dangerous. According to doctors, cystic pathology does not Bode irreparable health. Often the specific symptoms that often disrupt your usual lifestyle women, but education in very rare cases, become malignant cancer. Based on the statistics, the cyst formed in the breast of every 3 women. Most of them don’t even know it until you pass the examination. Do not panic on detection of the disease: early treatment will help get rid of the cysts.
Video: what is a cyst in the breast
Cyst of the breast in the running form can be hazardous to health and even life. So you need to find out all the details about this disease. Thanks to the video you will understand what constitutes a benign cystic formation, how to recognize it and why it appears. From the video it becomes clear what are the main methods of treatment used in the fight against the disease.