We are all accustomed to the fact that with the arrival of cold weather often sick, and what symptom of a cold is the most common? The cough, which early in the disease is very dry, that gives man the discomfort. Than to treat this symptom? Have proven themselves to inhalation with a dry cough with the use of various additives. The instructions below will help you select and properly execute techniques of this procedure.
Inhalation what to do when a dry cough
The first signs of this symptom are discomfort and itching sensation in the throat. The person feels the constant need to cough. In addition, evidence of approaching disease are malaise, fever and headache. In therapeutic and prophylactic purposes using inhalation for coughs, which helps in the initial stage to eliminate the unpleasant symptom. Such procedures are of several types:
- Steam inhalation is treated with dry cough due to the penetration in the bronchial tubes of hot steam. Passing through the Airways, it reduces the inflammation of the mucous membranes, improves blood circulation, promotes the formation and expectoration. This more conventional method of inhalation, when you just need to sleep with a towel over a basin or pan of boiled water. Additives can make herbal infusions or essential oils.
- Wet inhalation from a dry cough is assigned for severe diseases, such as bronchitis, laryngitis. These procedures are based on the spraying of aerosols, particles at high speed to slam into the respiratory tract and then deposited in small bronchi to the alveoli. The composition of such drugs can include antibiotics, hormones, mucolytic or immunomodulating substances. Inhalers are pocket-sized, compressor or ultrasonic.
- Thermomoist inhalation is used for cough more often than other types, because the medication penetrates deeper into the mucosa of the lungs and bronchi. For this procedure, a special inhaler that have become popular in the treatment of bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis. These devices spend inhalations with saline in dry cough.
- Oil inhalation bronchial mucosa is covered with a thin protective film. Oils used for the procedure, has expectorant, anti-inflammatory action.
What do inhalation for dry cough
Since cough has a different origin, the inhalations are also different. This may include the following medications:
- Extending the trachea, larynx and bronchi, i.e. bronchodilators: «Ventolin», «berotek», «Atrovent», «Berodual».
- Facilitating expectoration – mucolytics: «Ambrobene», «Acetylcysteine», «Bronchipret», «Lasolvan», «Pertussin», «Mukaltin».
- Anti-Inflammatory: «Propolis», «Budesonide», «Chronogical», «Rotokan», «Calendula», «Pulmicort».
- Against cough: «Lidocaine», «Tussamag».
- Antiseptic «Miramistin», «Nitrofurazone», «Chlorophyllin».
- Antibiotics: «Isoniazid», «Gentamicin».
- Stimulating the immune system: «Interferon», «Desoksiribonukleat sodium».
- Humidifiers mucous: alkaline mineral water, saline, a solution of baking soda.
Even dry cough can have a certain symptomatic characteristics, so choose to treat certain medications that are more appropriate for specific diseases. There are a few guidelines about this:
- Bronchodilators are used both when dry and when wet coughing to eliminate respiratory spasms and clear the way for expectoration.
- As resolution of the disease cough dry in wet crosses, so the order of application of funds pending recovery like this: moisturizer, bronchodilators, mucolytic drugs, antiseptics and antibiotics.
- The use of herbal infusions are possible with any cough, but only in steam inhalation because the nebulizer from them go bad.
- Inhalations with essential oils are used exclusively in dry cough, provoked by laryngitis, pharyngitis and tracheitis, as esters envelop the mucosa with a thin film that relieves cough.
Saline solution is mixed in certain amounts of water and table salt. With proper inhalation of the damaged mucous becomes a place of sedimentation of particles of drug, which facilitates expectoration and improves overall health. The saline used for dilution during inhalation of drugs or herbal concoctions that cannot pour over boiling water, because of their useful properties are reduced. The cost of the solution is low, and you can buy it at any drugstore, but you can cook by yourself is also not prohibited:
- Take 10 g of the fine table salt.
- Dissolve it in 1 liter of warm boiled water, pre-filtering.
- Due to the fact that independently prepared solution is not sterile, its shelf life is only one day.
To saline solution is recommended:
- Steam inhalers, but the medication will only reach the upper respiratory tract.
- A nebulizer for diseases that require inhalation the lower part of the respiratory tract.
Procedures based on the use of saline even for kids, but it is necessary to monitor the temperature of medicines:
- babies and children aged 3 years up to 30°C;
- if the child is aged 3 to 4 years of age – not above 40°C;
- for children who have crossed the threshold of 4 years up to 52°C.
The procedure is performed in stages:
- Heated to the required temperature of the solution to pour into a nebulizer. Enough 3-4 ml.
- Within 2-3 minutes hold the inhalation cough.
- Not to give food and fluids at least half an hour after the procedure.
Such a simple tool, like soda, is in the kitchen of every housewife, and it is used not only for cooking or cleaning mugs from the RAID, but also for the treatment of any form of cough: dry, moist or allergic. The procedure is carried out the old-fashioned method of using a kettle or saucepan, but it is more convenient to use a nebulizer. Inhalation is carried out after a half hour after eating:
- Mix 0.5 tsp. soda and 200 ml of slightly cooled after boiling water.
- Constructed from thick cardboard tube, take it in your mouth.
- Cover yourself with a towel over the saucepan or use the kettle, then the tube is not needed.
- So the medicine has had a effective effect, make sure that the cervical spine did not hesitate.
- After inhalation do not eat, drink, talk for about an hour.
- Do not use boiling water not to burn respiratory ways.
- At a temperature of more than 37,5°C inhalation cough is contraindicated.
Mineral water is better to use for inhalation by nebulizer. Water need to not choose any, but one in which the least minerals, for example:
- alkaline water «Borjomi» or «Esentuki»;
- water «Staraya Russa» of table salt in the composition.
Most importantly, it is necessary to eliminate the gas bubbles, leaving the bottle open overnight or mixed with a spoon in the glass. If you use a nebulizer, you just need to fill in the capacity of water and inhale fumes for 10 minutes. In the absence of the device, use the following method:
- Pour water to saucepan, heat to about 50°C.
- Armed with a towel, cover it over the pot and spend the inhalation of dry cough.
- Inhale the steam for about 8 minutes.
- It is recommended to perform up to 3 times a day.
The main component of Lasolvan – Ambroxol hydrochloride has several effects:
- quickly clears the respiratory tract;
- facilitates expectoration;
- effectively removes mucus from the lungs and bronchi;
- the effect of antimicrobials.
To perform inhalations with Lasolvan must adhere to the following instructions:
- The drug in its composition contains a large amount of sodium, so you should be a normal reaction to this microelement.
- Lasolvan mixed in a 1:1 ratio to physical saline or other neutral non-alkaline liquid.
- The heating temperature drugs should not exceed body temperature.
- Follow the daily dose: for adults it is 8 ml, and for children – 4 ml.
- Day 2 should be performed prior to procedures, using 2 ml each.
- After 5 days go to the doctor, if the positive dynamics is not observed.
This drug is a bronchodilator action. The indications are: bronchial asthma, suffocating cough with bronchitis. The remedy promotes the excretion of fluids from the bronchial tubes, expanding them. In humans it is easier moving away the accumulated mucus. The product is produced in the form of a solution or spray. For inhalation dilute berodual physical solution. The final amount of the drug for inhalation should be 4 ml. Proportions determined by the expert depending on weight, age and severity of cough. The same spray injected 3 times twice a day.
- Remove from packaging protective cap, place the mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Exhale and press into the bottom of the canister, inhaling medication.
- Slightly hold your breath, remove mouthpiece and exhale.
Rules of procedure at home
There are a few General rules for inhalations over the steam:
- A procedure should be performed in a quiet environment.
- Inhaling and exhaling should be done slowly. If you are experiencing dizziness, it is necessary to suspend the procedure for a while.
- Length of cardboard tube or cone must not be less than 30 cm to the mucosa of the respiratory tract was not damaged.
- Clothing is best to choose free, so that the chest was in close conditions.
When using a nebulizer, follow these instructions:
- Wash hands, assemble the apparatus.
- Heated to the specified temperature, pour the remedy into the container of the device.
- Tightly close the lid.
- Install a face mask or mouthpiece.
- Connect to the device the compressor.
- Turning on the compressor, begin to breathe the medicine.
- After the procedure, unplug the compressor, unplug it from the nebulizer.
- Rinse all items with a 15% solution of soda.
- Cooking appliance parts, dry them, wrap clean tissue for storage.
Rules perform inhalation with a dry cough in a child are:
- Between the procedure and the food necessary to sustain a break of at least half an hour for babies up to six months and 1 hour for children under 6 years.
- After inhalation do not give the child food and drinks for about an hour.
- The inhalation of vapours for children should not exceed 3 minutes.
- An adult must stay with the child to protect him from burns.
- If inhalation of a drug he has developed persistent cough, you must finish.
- Not to carry out the procedure with increased to 37.5°C temperature.
- After inhalation hold the baby in a reclining position on your lap or on a high pillow.
Inhalation for adults also has a few simple rules. In addition to contraindications at an elevated temperature is necessary to ensure that the water was not hot, and the time of inhalation of vapours did not exceed 10 minutes. Lean too low on the pan when steam inhalation is not worth it. After the procedure, to limit the conversations, the meals and be sure to change into dry clothes. To prepare the remedy you need immediately before the session and use only once.
Even such a harmless way of treating a dry cough has its contraindications:
- the temperature is 37.5°C;
- tendency to bleeding from the nose;
- circulatory disorders of the brain;
- ischemia of the heart;
- allergic to the drugs used;
- individual response to medications;
- severe stage of deficiency of the lung or heart;
- purulent tonsillitis;
- a pronounced clinical picture of the arrhythmia.
Video: how to do inhalations with nebulizer
An indispensable tool for inhalations in each house became a nebulizer inhaler for cough and runny nose for a short time eliminates the problems of the respiratory tract. For therapeutic treatments using the medicinal solution, which is not typical for small particles. Inhalation by nebulizer with dry cough are conducted with the use of antibiotics, herbal tinctures, mucolytics or hormonotherapy medications, but how to properly use this device, you will be able to learn from the useful video below.