New year is coming and many are thinking about how to decorate the house with his own hands. Of course, it is easier to buy jewelry in the store, but what a pleasure to admire your creations that make the celebration even more comfort and warmth. The main decoration of the house, of course, is the Christmas tree. How about, to make little Christmas trees out of felt on the leg with your hands that you can decorate work Desk, kitchen cabinets, shelves in the nursery, the window sills?
In this master class I will tell you how to easily sew a Christmas tree out of felt.
Christmas tree out of felt with their hands – a master class
For such trees, we need:
- the green felt for the base of fir trees and different colored felt for the stands;
- a piece of fabric for decoration;
- wooden cooking skewers;
- plastic caps from bottles;
- hot glue-gun.
In the form of decoration I’m going to sew small stuffed figures – deer and Christmas tree, you can choose absolutely any figurines which you like best. The pattern of the bases of Christmas trees is an arbitrary size of triangle. You can experiment with form – it is not necessary to limit your imagination!
How to make a Christmas tree out of felt:
- Apply the templates to the felt and tissue and put. Figures I look on the front side, as I am not going to turn out later.
- Triangles for the bases of Christmas trees just cut. We need one tree or two circuits. I have four, because I sew two Christmas trees.
- Triangles sew them together on two sides. The bottom side is not sewn – through it will fill the Christmas tree.
- Stuffed Christmas tree filler. I took hollofayber, you can take an ordinary cotton, so as to fill not very tight. The base of the stitch, leaving the middle a small hole in it, we will stick to our leg.
- Start figures for decoration. Fold the fabric in half, wrong side to wrong. Sew along the contour, leaving a small space unsewn. Through this hole is filled with filler pieces, and then sewn up. Cut off the extra fabric with a small allowance from the seam.
- Now let us make a pillow for the legs. To do this, take the lids from plastic bottles. In the middle of the lid will make the holes. I made them with a thick nail.
- Then put the lid sideways to the felt to determine the width of the strip to seal the coasters. Measure the circumference of the lid – this will be the length of the strip. Even put a cap on a circle. Cut out the resulting elements.
- Hot gun glue the parts to the lid.
- Remained the final stage – decoration of the Christmas tree. The top I sewed buttons, and in the middle a hot gun glued figures.
- So in the end, insert a wooden skewer into the base of the tree, measure the desired length of the leg – the excess breaks off. The other end pushes into a pillow, after making a hole with something sharp. That’s all, our crafts — Christmas tree out of felt with their hands — ready.