With age, people increasingly begins to think about their own health, that is why many people decide to play sports. Over the years, however it is much harder to perform most of the physical exercise, but Nordic walking with sticks is an excellent option for seniors to keep fit and improve health.
Use Nordic walking sticks for elderly
Nordic walking is very useful for the elderly, as regular classes after a few months will have an effect, namely:
- Improves overall health of a person, felt a «surge» of energy, strength and vigor appear.
- Increases efficiency and activity of the organism.
- Getting better pressure and reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. Numerous experiments have proved that the risk of heart attacks decreases significantly in a man who, practicing Nordic walking.
- Produce resistance to various diseases, significantly strengthens the immune system.
- Improves the function of the lungs.
- Decreases cholesterol levels.
- Improve all metabolic processes in the body.
- Improving the coordination of movements, which is very important for the elderly.
- Strengthens joints.
Rules of Nordic walking sticks for elderly
The technique of Nordic walking with sticks for the elderly same as for young, and very similar to skiing. Start classes, you should remember that if the step forward is done with the right foot, then forward simultaneously displays the left hand and Vice versa. Back you must try to keep flat and shoulders relaxed and not raised up.
There are certain rules Nordic walking for older people, and if these rules comply, then classes will be easy and will bring the maximum benefit:
- Before you begin walking with sticks should do the warm-up. We recommend you to perform a few simple stretching exercises.
- Check the condition of all fasteners, the length of the belts, etc.
- When you walk you should breathe properly. Inhale through the nose via two steps and exhale through the mouth on the fourth step.
- After the walk you must do some breathing exercises and stretching exercises.
- At first, the walk should be no more than 20 minutes, but over time the duration of employment increases.