One of the most common infectious skin disease is ringworm that affects one or more areas of the skin. There are different types of this disease. Lichen planus in humans is a chronic inflammatory process. Characterized by a rash on the mucous membrane of the mouth and on the skin. It accounts for 2.5% of cases among lichen dermatological diseases and 10% of the cases oral lesions. It looks like a small shiny, pinkish-red nodules of polygonal shape, the center of which there is a hollow.
The cause of the disease
The main reason for the occurrence and development of diseases are considered to be violations on the part of the body of the person. We are talking about the metabolism and regulation of immune processes, due to a failure which is manifested by inadequate response of tissue cells to external stimuli. Increased risk of lichen planus as under the action of specific environmental factors, and characteristics of the patient’s body.
There are described familial cases of the disease, which indicates some genetic predisposition that is passed down from parent to child. It is based on autosomal dominant inheritance: abnormal gene received from a parent, kids don’t do media, but increases the risk of lichen planus. The concept of emergence of this disease at the current stage involves the combination of several groups of factors:
- endogenous factors: problems with the immune system, neurological disorders;
- genetic predisposition;
- exogenous factors such as viruses, toxic and allergic conditions.
In the case of neurological disorders rashes occur under the influence of strong emotional experiences, neuro-reflex therapy, suggestion under hypnosis. This suggests the importance of these terms in the development of the disease. If any patient has lichen planus in the oral cavity, to the fore allergic factors, problems with metabolism.
The defeat of the oral mucosa lichen is not rarely accompanied by intestinal diseases and stomach: in these patients are related colitis and gastritis. Pathology of the pancreas or the liver also provoke the disease. Doctors say that to precede the appearance of a flat red lichen in oral cavity can mechanical damage to the mucosa. The pathology of the teeth also play an important role.
Modern chemical compounds used in industry or everyday life, have an effect on the development of the disease. It happens because of the simplest allergic mechanisms that trigger the appearance of lesions. The cases when the allergens become antibiotics and other medicinal substances. This gives grounds to speak about the appearance of a flat red depriving as allergic reactions to chemical compounds.
Form of red lichen and their symptoms
Having dealt with that, what is ringworm, it is worth to pay attention to its different forms. When combined with concomitant diseases this pathology may be atypical in nature. In contrast to the typical lichen planus may lack overt manifestations. In this case, the diagnosis can be difficult. Doctors currently identify the following main forms of lichen:
- Warty. Manifested in the form of warty growths on the skin. The plaques are reddish-brown or purple color, the surface covered with small warts with a thickened Horny layer of the skin. Next to them can be a typical small nodules of red lichen.
- Bubble. Rare manifestations of this type of lichen. The lesions look like small blisters filled with colorless fluid (sometimes with blood). They appear as the background of plaques or nodules, with or without prior manifestations.
- Pointed. Along with typical lesions observed eruptions, which have the appearance of cone, and at the top there is a small spike. This option is found in lesions of the hair follicles.
- Circle. When the size of the foci increases rapidly, and the Central part begins to heal, it appears visually like a ring. After healing is characterized by the color of the skin area. This form of lichen planus may superficially resemble not only the ring, but the garlands, rings, arc. Often this manifests itself in men in the groin. Externally it confused with syphilitic lesions, which leads to incorrect diagnosis and therapy.
- Erosive-ulcerative. Affects the mucous membranes of the most difficult and treatable. Occurs on the lips, in the mouth and can turn into ulcers. The lesions covered with a coating or film. If them to remove, then there is bleeding. Ulcers are few in number, small in size, do not cause subjective sensations of the patient. During therapy, the lesions disappear, but after stopping treatment the illness can develop in the same place.
- Atrophic. In the first stage does not differ from the typical form of red lichen, but healing at the site of plaques remains keratinized skin. More likely to develop in the fold limbs. On the hair areas of the body such form causes spot baldness.
- Sclerosing. With the growth of papules or plaques of sclerotic changes occur. In this form of lichen planus can cause atrophic alopecia in areas with hair. Is extremely rare.
Diagnosis of the disease
During a typical course of disease at the doctor-the dermatologist will not have problems with diagnosis. Symptoms red lichen can be confused only with syphilitic lesions, but the analysis and detailed examination of the difficulties in determining the cause of the occurrence will not be. As the main signs in the diagnosis, doctors take into account the following manifestations:
- the color of the lesions;
- wrong their outline;
- in the center of plaques and knots a small indentation;
- symptom of Wickham (the surface of the papules has a small setčatost’);
- on the affected skin hemorrhages.
These signs will suffice to distinguish lichen planus from psoriasis or syphilis even without analysis. This process is complicated if the rashes are found on the mucous membrane, in this case, zoster can be confused with lupus erythematosus, leukoplakia or syphilis. Diagnosis is by elimination of these diseases in a laboratory study analyses. Red lichen itself does not give specific changes in the urine or blood. To help the doctor may detailed questioning of the patient, which will reveal the factors contributing to the development of pathology.
Localization of lesions
The disease has a characteristic localization of the lesions. Lichen planus appears in the mouth, on the elbow, on the genitals (penis or labia), armpits, waist, hips, abdomen, legs and nails. Rashes are accompanied in most cases by itching. If the disease progresses, new plaques appear on any scrapes, bruises, fractures and other injuries to the skin.
How to treat lichen planus
This type of disease refers to a chronic, but benign (sometimes asymptomatic), which sometimes do not require systemic treatment. In the case of its atypical manifestations and chronicity of the disease, successful treatment depends on an integrated approach. Lichen planus requires the individual therapy with the use of modern methods and tools. What factors triggered the development of the lesions depends on than to treat ringworm in humans.
Due to the fact that the nature of lichen planus is unclear until the end, usually all is reduced to symptomatic treatment. It addresses the individual symptoms of the disease and to help with the itching. For example, in lesions of the oral cavity antiseptics administered oral corticosteroids («Beclomethasone», «Triamcinolone», «Betamethasone», «Prednisol») and «Azathioprine». After you assign a course to treat lichen planus at home.
To cure the disease completely, in addition to symptomatic treatment, you must investigate and eliminate the causes, the factors that influenced its emergence, with regular treatments strengthen the immune system, improving psychological state. All this is part of a complex therapy, which aims not only to relieve you of the existence of red lichen, but also help to avoid its re-occurrence. This treatment is appointed individually by the doctor after detailed questioning and examination of the patient.
Effective folk remedies
- Tar. Take 2 eggs, birch tar 150 g, fresh homemade cream 100 g, stir and RUB into the affected areas until the disappearance of the external manifestations. Pre-inflammation wipe with hydrogen peroxide.
- Vinegar. The affected area 5-6 times a day to make a compress of undiluted Apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes. To use until the red shingles will not work.
- Calendula. Take 10 g of inflorescences of marigold and grind them, grind 50 g of petroleum jelly. Be lubricated with ointment affected areas of the skin several times a day until the disappearance of lichen.
Prevention of the disease
Due to the lack of a clear and unambiguous reasons for the development of lichen planus there is no one effective method of prevention of this disease. Doctors recommend to approach this issue comprehensively, to protect themselves from strong emotional experiences, with harmful chemical substances, strengthen the immune system. In cases with lesions of the oral cavity should be promptly to resolve any problems with your teeth and gums.
Video: signs of a flat red depriving
Red ringworm is a very common infectious disease among people of any age, accompanied by a rash and constant itching. Some people are embarrassed to consult a doctor and expect the problem goes away, but this is totally not true. At occurrence of lesions should immediately consult a doctor or dermatologist. But not all understand that they have manifested lichen planus. Watch the video below to find out if he’s contagious, what are their characteristics.
Looks like lichen planus people – photo
There are different types of lichen, which differ in color, shape, area of lesion on the skin or mucous membranes. The disease is accompanied by changes in pigmentation areas of the skin, desquamation and itching. All this refers to the surrounding, pink, red, color, strigamia mind of this disease. Below are the pictures of lichen planus.