The indisposition called tonsillitis is characterized by inflammation of the tonsils. The causes of the disease considered a virus-a pathogen or bacteria. Most people know from their own experience how to look the signs of angina is and what complications it leads to. In the photo you can see what it looks like at the time of angina. Consider the typical factors of viral diseases, the presence of which apply to the therapist and begin treatment.
What are the symptoms of sore throat in children and adults
Tonsillitis is divided into types. Classify viral and bacterial forms, depending on the causative agent. According to the etiology and laringoscopiei conditions infectious disease can be purulent (follicular and lacunar), herpes, catarrhal. For each type of isolated clinical manifestations of disease.
The cause of suppurative tonsillitis are considered to be microbes, e.g. Streptococcus. Inflammation appears first on the tonsils, and then, if time does not stop the disease extends to the mucous membrane of the pharynx, the Palatine tissue. Purulent type of infection is divided into follicular and lacunar.
The symptoms follicular types of viral diseases:
- increased body temperature (to 40 degrees), lasts a long time and not reduced;
- scratchy, dry throat, cough;
- swelling and redness of the tonsils, severe pain in the throat;
- the signs of poisoning, weakness, chills;
- aching, sore joints, head, back;
- swallowing movements when pain is felt, which gives the ear;
- lymph nodes increase in size;
- the pain in the heart region, tachycardia;
- for an adult, and sometimes there are problems with a chair (constipation), the child – nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Lacunar tonsillitis in children develops rapidly, compared with adolescents and adults. For the health of the little patient lacunar infection is very dangerous. This is due to high temperature, seizures, severe intoxication. The initial stage of ailments characterized by painful sensations in the throat, symptoms of General intoxication. A little later we observe the following common symptoms of lacunar infection:
- a very sore throat when swallowing;
- increased lymph nodes;
- high fever (39-40 degrees);
- decreased appetite, they become lethargic, cranky;
- indigestion, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, cramps in the intestines;
- on tonsils there is a RAID with pus.
Viral or herpes (HSV) tonsillitis is an acute infectious type of disease in which inflamed tonsils. This kind of inflammatory process is caused by Coxsackie virus. The main signs of herpes form of the disease the child are such factors:
- on the neck the lymph nodes increase;
- sore tonsils, a fever appears;
- in the sky, sometimes there are bubbles of small sizes (hold up to 7 days);
- some cases of disease accompanied by a skin rash.
Herpes is a viral tonsillitis in adults is also accompanied by pain of the tonsils, the appearance of small bubbles in the sky, but the temperature rises very little or simply no heat. The main difference: adults carry herpes form of inflammation is much easier than toddlers. The appearance of similar symptoms you need to urgently seek medical care.
Catarrhal tonsillitis is the most mild type of viral illness, but if left untreated, can threaten serious complications. Infectious disease often shows itself in winter, late autumn. Symptoms in children more visible and pronounced: high fever, excessive pain of the tonsils. The main symptoms of angina catarrhal type are:
- headache, unpleasant sensations in the throat;
- increasing the temperature to 38.5 degrees max;
- a small plaque on the back of the throat;
- rarely ear pain, gland the increase.
Video about the first signs of angina
After viewing the video, you will learn about the main symptoms of tonsillitis. The specialist will tell you, is different than the clinical picture of the disease in children and adults. Thanks to the information from the video, you will learn to recognize different types of infection is characterized by specific signs. In the case of the onset of symptoms or another type of inflammation, must be treated urgently.