This kind of inflammatory process in the vagina, Trichomonas vaginitis is the consequence of falling into sexual the way women of the pathogen Trichomonas vaginalis. This pathogen belongs to a unicellular flagellate. Getting into the vagina, the bacteria starts to proliferate, which leads to changes in the microflora and the development of inflammation.
What can develop the disease Trichomonas vaginitis?
Before considering the symptoms of Trichomonas vaginitis, you need to say about the main factors contributing to the emergence of the disease. These are:
- Frequent change of sexual partners. Thus, according to observations of health professionals, women, leading a promiscuous sexual life, about 3-4 times more susceptible to this disease.
- The weakening of the immune system. Long-term chronic diseases can lead to reduction of protective forces of an organism, resulting in the reproductive organs become more susceptible to infections.
- The suppression of natural, normal vaginal microflora also contributes to the development of the disease. This can occur when excessive stress, strain, and often regarded as a result of long-term, uncontrolled reception of antibiotics.
- Hormonal failure also can be considered as the factor causing the infection, including Trichomonas vaginitis.
After the pathogen enters the body of the female, it remains in the cells of the mucous membrane of the vagina, causing inflammation. Further, the microorganisms penetrate the gland, which is accompanied by the development of symptoms. This period, from the time of entry of the pathogen until the first symptoms is called incubation and it lasts Trichomonas vaginitis to 1-2 weeks.
How does Trichomonas vaginitis?
The main signs suggestive of such a violation, are:
- profuse discharge from the genital tract, independent of the phase of the menstrual cycle. As a rule, this disease women complain of leucorrhoea yellowish-gray tint, and sometimes green, which have an unpleasant odor. Often they have a frothy texture, and their composition can be detected purulent contents;
- the itching and as a result, irritation in the crotch area;
- pain during intercourse;
- the difficult urination that can often be accompanied by pain;
- edema and hyperemia of the vaginal wall that detected during examination in the gynecological chair.
It is worth noting that in this disease the symptoms are most pronounced after the end of menstruation.
How is the treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis?
Typically, the therapeutic process with Trichomonas vaginitis in women is a complex of activities, which can be divided into the following stages:
- The rehabilitation of the site of infection (vagina). They use various kinds of antiseptic solutions with which to conduct syringing and irrigation of the mucous membrane.
- Specific treatment. Is to prescription medicines. So, for the treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis used drugs from the group of metronidazole and its derivatives. Examples thereof may include: Metronidazole, Ornidazole, Clindamycin.
- The elimination of the consequences of the disease, which would include erosion of the uterine cervix.
- Complete elimination of factors conducive to the resumption of the disease, such as immune disruption or hormonal imbalance.
- The restoration of the vaginal flora, which is achieved by means of a certain number of drugs.
Thus, it is necessary to say that the treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis should be tailored to each patient individually, but the therapeutic process must include all of the above stages.