In this tutorial for beginners several ways to access the on-screen keyboard in Windows 10 (even two different built-in on-screen keyboard), as well as addressing some common problems: for example, what should I do if the keypad itself appears when you open each program and completely shutting down it does not work, or Vice versa — what to do if it is not included.
Why would you want the onscreen keyboard? First of all, for input on touch devices, a second common variant in the cases when a physical computer keyboard or laptop suddenly stopped working and, finally, it is believed that entering passwords and important data with the on-screen keyboard is safer than normal, because its harder to catch the keyloggers (programs leading recording keystrokes). For previous versions of OS:.
Simply turn on the onscreen keyboard and add its icon in the Windows taskbar 10
First, some of the simplest ways to enable the onscreen keyboard in Windows 10. The first is to click its icon in the notification area, and if this is there is no icon, click the right mouse button on the taskbar and from the context menu select «button to Show the touch keyboard».
If the system has no problems, described in the last section of this manual on the taskbar will show the icon to launch the on-screen keyboard and you can easily start it by clicking on it.
The second way is to go to «start» — «Settings» (or press Windows key + I), select the menu item «accessibility» and «Keyboard» to enable the option «Enable on-screen keyboard».
Method number 3 — as well as to run many other Windows applications 10, to enable the onscreen keyboard you can just start typing on-Screen keyboard in the search box in the taskbar. Interestingly, found the keyboard is not the same that is included in the first method, but an alternative present in earlier versions of the OS.
The same alternative on-screen keyboard you can run by pressing Win+R on your keyboard (or right — click on Start-Run) and typing osk in the Run box.
Another way — go to the control panel (under «view» at top right put «icons» and not «categories») and select «ease of access Center». Even easier to get into the ease of access center is to press Win key+U on your keyboard. There you will find the item «Enable on-screen keyboard».
The author recommends reading:
- — what to do and why this is happening?
- (for watching videos and games)
You can also enable the onscreen keyboard on the lock screen and password Windows 10 — just click on the accessibility icon and select the desired item in the menu that appears.
Problems with the on screen keyboard
Now about possible problems related to the work of the on-screen keyboard in Windows 10, almost all of them simple a solution, but just can’t understand what’s going on.
- Button on-screen keyboard is not displayed in tablet mode. The fact that the installation of the display this buttons in the taskbar operates separately for normal mode and tablet mode. Simply in tablet mode, again click the right mouse button on the task bar and enable the button for tablet mode.
- On-screen keyboard all the time appears by itself. Go to control Panel — ease of access Center. Find the item «use the computer without mouse or keyboard». Uncheck «Use onscreen keyboard».
- The onscreen keyboard does not turn on in any way. Press Win+R (or right-click on «Start» — «Run») and type services.msc. In the list of services find the Service «touch keyboard and handwriting panel». Double-click on it, run it, and the startup type is set to «Automatically» (if you need it more than once).
Seems to have taken into account all common problems with the on-screen keyboard, but if I have not provided any other options, ask questions, try to answer.