The most easy to maintain and easy to operate material is linoleum. But first you need to analyze the basis to decide whether it is possible to lay linoleum over existing wooden floors.
How to prepare a floor for linoleum?
For laying linoleum definitely need a flat surface.
If the old wooden floors are not rotten and have only minor defects, they can be restore to replace the damaged boards to close up cracks or trowel to remove the old paint, sanded the cracks between the wood. This option is heavier and longer in time.
Best under linoleum lay a sheets of plywood or chipboard on a wooden floor, because the sheet will cover all the flaws on the old surface and make the surface smooth, because the floor could be unevenly worn.
What is the best linoleum to lay on the wooden floor? It is more practical to choose a fabric based on synthetic fibers that will not rot due to moisture. Most suitable for wood PVC linoleum on a foam underlay, as it is not necessary to take the canvas thinner than 3 millimeters. Linoleum is made from natural material – not a coating, what should be laid on wooden floors, you need to choose the coating with high insulating properties.
How on wood floor to properly lay the linoleum?
To prepare for the repair of the floor need a knife cutter, a saw, screws and sheets of plywood, putty knife, glue.
- Spoiled remove the old coating and put the sheets of plywood. Fasten them with a drill by means of screws.
- Now the floor is leveled and it is possible to lay linoleum.
- Cut the linoleum with a knife cutter along the perimeter of the room. First cut with a margin of 2-3cm. Then laid the cloth and proceed to finish pruning. Between the canvas and the wall to leave a small gap. You need to carefully cut out all of the ledges in the room and pipes.
- The floor is smeared with special glue, for distribution using a wide spatula. The adhesive is the most convenient to put it sites. Fluff part of the floor and gluing the linoleum. Top surface fabric you need to go heavy roller, with a rolling pin or flat rail. So we clean the rests of air and the linoleum is glued to the plywood.
- Work on the paving is finished. From the old wooden floor is smooth and beautiful.
Quality laying linoleum provides a good appearance of the repaired floor and a long service life.
Stylish decor with their hands
Subscribe to the channel for needlework — new master classes every day!