Plants in the aquarium is necessary, their positive impact cannot be overstated. They can be planted aquarium, leaving 2/3 of it free for fish. A variety of aquatic plants suitable for aquariums, large.
Generally all the plants for the aquarium can be divided into the following categories:
- those that float on the water surface;
- plants that are fixed in the ground;
- plants anyway, as they are in the aquarium.
Undemanding plant in the aquarium for beginners
Those plants are actually very a lot of. We will tell and show you what plants are best plants in the aquarium and require minimal care. So, let’s start:
- Duckweed. Is a great addition – it creates a beautiful look and appeals to most aquatic life. The only drawback – it quickly covers the water cover, preventing the flow of light. It is periodically necessary to thin out, leaving on the surface of some leaves.
- Vallisneria. Undemanding and fast growing plant up. For him is indifferent to the composition of the soil, amount of light and water temperature. Growing shrub with narrow ribbon-like leaves, sometimes decorated with small teeth.
- Echinodorus gentle. Looks like a normal lawn grass. Beautiful carpet for the bottom of the aquarium, besides, a fairly undemanding plant that for beginner aquarists is extremely important.
- The hornwort. The plant looks like a Christmas tree. It grows fairly quickly, has on trunks of huge amount of the needle-like leaves. Serves as an excellent protection for small the aquarium inhabitants.
- Effects of the detergent. Very easy to clean and fairly common grass for aquarium. Requires good lighting, otherwise it drops leaves.
- Limnobium. Floating plant similar to Lily lake, only small size. From the leaves depart long roots that like to eat fish and shrimp. Growing quite rapidly.
- Java moss. A very beautiful plant. Grows very fast and quite demanding on the lighting. They are usually wrapped driftwood for decorating the underwater world.
- Riccia. Floating plant that grows quickly. As it grows, grows and settles to the bottom. Looks very bright and beautiful. Can cover large spaces at the bottom, creating green Islands. It is very fond of aquarium inhabitants.
- Heleocharis needle. Externally similar to echinodorus, only much thinner. At the slightest movement of the water and the aquarium is beautiful it sways, creating an unsurpassed decoration effect.
The content of plants in the aquarium
When you decide which plants you can plant in your aquarium, you need to learn how to care for them. General rules for water plants relate to ensuring adequate lighting and feeding.
Fertilizer for plants in the aquarium is necessary for normal growth and reproduction. For aquatic plants important macronutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
On sale is a lot of finished fertilizers, organic and inorganic. A mixture of a liquid General purpose ideal for poorly lit aquariums. There are also individual liquid feed with micro and macro elements for aquariums with medium light levels.
Fertilizer in the form of a dry powder consisting of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, ideal for well-lit aquariums. They are more economical in comparison to liquid. However, you need to have some experience for correct calculation of the required amount.
If you’re a beginner aquarist, you are recommended to use a liquid feed of General purpose.