The woman may hear the conclusion of the doctor that she has uterine fibroids after a routine visit to the gynecologist. Such a diagnosis need not fear, because the tumor has nothing to do with cancer. Depending on the forms encountered formations the symptoms of uterine fibroids may look different. This disease is not a death sentence, the sooner you recognize the signs, the easier and faster in addition to cured.
The causes of uterine fibroids
Factors of neoplasm in the uterus:
- hormonal imbalances;
- genetic predisposition;
- regular stress;
- certain gynecological diseases;
- a metabolic disorder;
- low motor activity;
- excessive extra weight;
- the use of coils that are installed inside of the uterus;
- frequent abortions;
- missing orgasms.
The main signs of fibroids in the early stages
Detection of uterine fibroids can occur unexpectedly on a routine inspection at the gynecologist. To feel without diagnosis it is difficult, because a small tumor does not violate the functioning of reproductive system women. Early stage of the disease characterized by the absence of tangible manifestations. The problem is revealed when the fibroid begins to grow. If the symptoms described below, is found, immediately contact your doctor.
Direct and indirect signs of uterine fibroids:
- weakness in the body and pallor, caused by the drop in the level of hemoglobin in the blood;
- frequent urination caused by the increase of the tumor;
- urinary retention in the acute form;
- if the fibroid presses on the rectum, you experience constipation;
- pain in the head;
- hot flushes;
- the increase in the abdomen;
- a feeling of heaviness and discomfort in the pelvis;
- increase the duration and volume of discharge during menstruation;
- bleeding that occurs between periods.
Shapes and their symptoms
Symptoms of uterine fibroids depending on its form:
- Interstitial leiomyoma characterized by the occurrence of the tumor inside the uterine muscle, in the body of the body or near its bottom. This disease can develop inside the cervix and out of the limits of her walls, pressing on other organs. This type of fibroids appear in women during her reproductive period. If the tumor is traced the formation of connective or scar tissue, occurs fibroids. Characteristic of such formations are pain in the abdomen, dysfunction of bladder and bowel, and uterine bleeding.
- Subserous – represents one or more nodes, which may have a thin stalk or a wide base that serve for food. Individual education surrounded by a capsule surrounding the myoma from other tissues. Tumors can be small or to achieve a more noticeable size. Enlargement of the uterus in this type of disease does not occur because of the growing node into the abdominal cavity. Symptoms of uterine fibroids of this type are:
- difficulty with urination;
- the occurrence of hemorrhoids;
- discomfort in the abdomen;
- lower back pain, area above the pubis;
- cramping nature of the pain.
- The tumor located in the submucosal layer, submucosal called. It grows in the direction of the abdominal cavity, develops quickly, symptoms of uterine fibroids in this case, consider:
- atypical prolonged menstruation with clots;
- pain that radiates to the lower abdomen and lower back;
- bleeding in the middle of the cycle;
- rupture of the tumor temperature;
- the inability to carry to term.
- Intraligamentary (Mislata) – occurs between the ligaments. This kind of disease shows no symptoms. When it reaches large size, exerts pressure on the internal organs, which are located next to it.
- Cervical myoma is defined by the development of the disease in the cervix closer to the vagina. This type of disease occurs very rarely. In this case there is a failure in the menstrual cycle. The main symptoms are: pain, reproductive disorders, pressure on nearby organs.
The characteristics of the disease
Uterine fibroids during each period, a woman’s life has its own specifics, especially during menopause and pregnancy. It can at some point begin to cause discomfort and have a significant negative impact on the body, although is benign. Depending on the symptoms and signs of uterine fibroids can be assigned to conservative treatment or surgical intervention.
During menopause the fibroids, encountered earlier, may disappear. This is due to the fact that in this period the level of hormones decreases. However, this effect is only possible if menopause occurs without violations. Fibroids may have too large dimensions, accompanied by pain and bleeding, in this case for treatment of the disease should be used surgery. To remove only the fibroids or a tumor along with the uterus.
A large tumor can cause profuse discharge and bleeding that occurs in between. In old age the disease can lead to other dangerous diseases. In tandem with adenomyosis of the uterus the tumor can have a negative impact on the status of women. Their background may be anemia, which is a consequence of bleeding. Cancer often appears in the vicinity of the fibroids.
Uterine fibroids in pregnancy – a phenomenon that occurs often. Such entities rarely change the process of gestation, because it is important to know how to recognize the signs of uterine fibroids in time. If you are pregnant and have fibroids found, carefully follow the recommendations you received from the doctor, because the illness arisen during or before pregnancy, identifies risks:
- increases the risk of miscarriage;
- education can cause fetal hypoxia;
- fibroids causes cellulitis, severe pain and increased uterine tone;
- when the disease is possible detachment of the placenta, which leads to the fact that the baby can not develop normally.
Methods of diagnosis
Some signs of the disease may be detected during examination by a gynecologist, for a more detailed study of myomatosis uterine and separate use hardware technology:
- Ultrasound. In the framework of this method may be used transvaginal sonography and percutaneous study. Exeprince uterine fibroids are recorded on the photo: increased size, the detection of the structures are oval, rounded in the walls or cavity of the body that exhibit reduced acoustic activity than the myometrium, not subjected to change. Transvaginal sonography is an accurate method to conduct prevention research and surveillance for tumors.
- Hysteroscopy shows the most accurate results in the diagnosis of submucosal tumors. The presence of the disease is determined by the detection of entities having a circular shape and pinkish color. If the units are placed on a thin base, they have the appearance of bunches; if thick – bumps. This method is intended for visual inspection and determine the exact location of the tumor, identify the status of the endometrium and the fallopian tubes.
- Laparoscopy – surgical method, which should occur only under strict indications. Prescribed her to to distinguish the symptoms of uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. This research method detects the location of education, the nature of the interaction between him and the authorities.
How to treat uterine myoma
If the disease does not cause discomfort, and the tumor is small, treatment the patient needs. When the effect on the tumor is required, it is carried out by two methods: conservative or surgical. The first involves the use of medicines, the second surgery. For the purpose of a treatment there are certain indications.
The manner in which conservative treatment of fibroids:
- the small sizes of the nodes;
- the slow development of education;
- young age women;
- the location of the tumor in the muscle part of the uterus.
Therapeutic treatment requires the following activities:
- the patient is shown to lead a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, avoiding excess weight, normalization of the level of physical activity, eradication of harmful habits, the establishment of a sound sleep);
- requires normalization of sexual life;
- vitamins («Hendevit», «Aevitum», «Pentovit», folic acid);
- activities to cure anemia;
- can be treated with folk remedies.
The indications for surgical intervention are:
- strong painful sensations;
- the rapid development of fibroids;
- greatly increased size of the uterus;
- pressure effects on the pelvic organs;
- the inability of gestation.
The surgery involves two types of operations:
- myomectomy – removal of only the fibroids;
- hysterectomy – removal of the tumor along with the uterus.
Video: what is a fibroid and how to recognize the disease
Uterine fibroids – a disease very common among the ladies of different ages. The signs of this tumor is almost impossible to detect in the early stages of their own, but when education increases, symptoms become apparent, causing discomfort diseased. What are the symptoms if uterine fibroids, when to treat and what features of it you can learn from the following video.