Unbearable condition, when a stuffy nose, not enough air. Headaches, soreness of the face prevent to think clearly, to live a normal life. Watery eyes sneezing and scaring your colleagues at work, send you to the hospital so that you’re not infected. Seems to be no discharge, and I want to watch it. In a situation when you have nasal congestion without a runny nose, the right thing to do will be access to a doctor. This ailment is dangerous with serious complications, therefore, it is crucial to establish the cause of the disease, immediately begin treatment.
Causes nasal congestion without a runny nose
In cases where the nose is not breathing and there is no mucus, inflammation, edema of the mucosa. Dry indoor air, poor environmental conditions are cause for the disease. Among the causes of nasal congestion:
- side effects of drugs;
- the beginning of viral diseases;
- the presence of polyps, adenoids.
When a stuffy nose without cold in an adult, the causes can be frequent hypothermia, alcohol abuse. Problems arise due to the curvature of the nasal septum. Sometimes congestion occurs in such diseases:
- chronic sinusitis and sinusitis;
- tumors of the nasopharynx;
- inflammation of the gallbladder;
- the disturbance of hormonal balance.
Special attention should be paid to nasal congestion women during pregnancy. The cause may lie in changes in hormonal levels, a weakened immune system. It is not excluded, as a cause for nasal congestion, rhinitis, allergies and infections. Very important in this situation to be under the supervision of a physician to cure not to harm the unborn child.
Many mothers worry delivers stuffy nose without snot from a baby. In infants the cause of this condition when they breathe only by mouth, may be a congenital anomaly. Required immediately consult a pediatrician and to solve this problem. There are times when the child puts her in the nose small objects that interfere with breathing. Not excluded cases of hereditary diseases. In addition, among the causes of congestion in children:
- a deviated septum;
- inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx;
- the drying up of mucus in the nose.
Because the child’s nose may be constantly congested because of several reasons, it is important to make a diagnosis. The physician must decide:
- When on a time there was a problem – perhaps the presence of polyps.
- What’s new in the food – eliminate the possibility of allergies.
- With whom the child communicated – is there a risk of virus infection.
- What suffered the disease – the influence of prescription drugs.
Methods of diagnosis
When constantly stuffy nose, it is important to find out the cause of the disease. Only then prescribe the right treatment that facilitates the patient’s condition. First, it is necessary to consult a specialist – a doctor of otolaryngology. He will inspect with special mirrors or with the help of an endoscope. If necessary, prescribe additional diagnostics:
- Ultrasound of the sinuses;
- blood tests;
- bacterial culture smears;
- Allergy blood tests;
- x-rays of the paranasal sinuses;
- immunological study of blood.
What to do and how to treat nasal congestion
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to create conditions under which you will be easier to breathe at work and at home. In this situation it is recommended:
- ventilation of the room;
- eating spicy foods;
- sleep with your head held high;
- much to drink;
- inhalation of wet steam;
- nasal lavage with a special solution;
- drinking hot liquids.
How to remove nasal congestion? Treatment involves the use of drugs in accordance with the cause of the disease. To alleviate the condition use a chiseled massage the nose wings and the nose. Give good results yoga, breathing exercises, physiotherapy. There are many recipes of traditional medicine, improve the condition, moisturizing the mucosa. Complex cases involve surgical intervention, surgery using laser and cryotechnologies.
You need time to start the treatment of nasal congestion, to avoid complications on the hearing, throat, because everything is interconnected. To get buff, you need to follow the doctor’s prescriptions, instructions for use. For treatment using drugs:
- Sprays and drops «Tizin», «Rigorous», dlyanos for.
- Ointment «Doctor Mom», «Mamina, Ointment Fleming».
- Pills to relieve edema «Clarinase-12».
- The anti-Allergy tablets: «loratadine», «Sadak».
The use of specific drugs associated with causes of disease:
- For blocked viruses and prescribe topical antibiotics in the form of drops and sprays: «Amoxicillin», «Bioparoks». Among the drugs common action «Erythromycin», «Clarithromycin». To take antibiotics should be strictly on prescription.
- If the cause of nasal immunodeficiency – take herbal Immunostimulants: Echinacea, ginseng root.
Particularly noteworthy is the use for the treatment of swelling, nasal congestion inhalation. The use of nebulizer allows you to deliver the fine particles of the drug deeply to the patient body. As therapeutic agents used decoctions of chamomile, thyme, eucalyptus, calendula. Of medicinal drugs used «Xylometazoline» local antibiotic «Polidexa».
In specific indications, when there is no runny nose but nose breathing, prescribed surgery. Performed without anesthesia using a laser radio wave method. There are techniques with the application of cryotechnology, when the problem area can be consumed cold. Not without cost and traditional operations. Prescribe surgery when:
- the presence of a foreign body;
- the proliferation of the mucous tissue;
- the presence of polyps, adenoids;
- the deviated septum.
Folk remedies for the treatment at home
It is difficult to avoid the use of folk remedies. Since childhood, familiar inhalations over boiled potatoes. Inhalation balsam Golden star, the eucalyptus oil also improves the condition. Effectively nasal rinses with sea salt: big spoon on 200 g of water. Works well for blocked distracting therapy:
- tea with raspberries and lime;
- hot foot baths;
- socks with dry mustard;
- hot shower;
- mustard plasters on the calves.
Good results are obtained by instillation into the nose. It is recommended to use it every 4 hours. Use drops homemade:
- the carrot juice by half with water;
- drops of Kalanchoe;
- onion juice in equal parts with water;
- drops of aloe;
- sea buckthorn oil and carrot juice in 1:1 ratio;
- in a glass of water required a drop of iodine, a pinch of sea salt;
- equal parts of beet juice and onion.
For children recommend the use of folk recipes:
- dripping mother’s milk to the babies;
- babies breath over the steam of a hot bath;
- warming nose boiled egg;
- lubrication of the nose oil onion: onion juice is poured hot vegetable oil, insist night;
- washing the nose with saline solution: a glass of water a tablespoon;
- instillation of aloe juice in equal parts with water.
Video about nasal congestion and disorders of nasal breathing
Check out the video below you will learn about modern methods of diagnosis in nasal congestion without a cold. You will understand why a holistic approach in identifying the causes of disease. That may affect edema of the mucosa of the nose, in which case surgery. You will get acquainted with how the operation is carried out, and how long the patient is in the clinic after the procedure.