Some damage to the soft tissues of different serious consequences. If under the influence of traumatic factors damaged blood vessels, then blood loss may occur for a short period of time. If you do not provide appropriate help for the person, then comes death. Signs of arterial bleeding have their own specifics. The main nuance is the presence of bright red blood in the form of pulsating jets. While the injury itself may have a small size, comparable to the puncture.
How to identify arterial bleeding
There are many types of arteries, which are located in different parts of the human body (the carotid, axillary, femoral, etc.). The signs of internal bleeding differs from external. To identify the fact of such damage is not hard in color and amount of blood. Arteries are classified blood vessels that carry blood circulates and is delivered to vital organs of the human body. Their damages are not only cause loss, but the lack of oxygen. The result is cardiac arrest.
Signs of external arterial hemorrhage:
- the jet outflow of blood from the wound (blood flow in a literal sense, it’s like a fountain);
- the blood from the wound will expire pulsating rhythm;
- the blood has a characteristic red tint (when venous bleeding the blood is darker).
Symptoms damage to blood vessels:
- the overall weak condition, accompanied by nausea and vomiting;
- dizziness and loss of consciousness;
- pale skin.
Ways to stop bleeding
Blood loss is the main cause of death during the damage of some groups of vessels. The tourniquet when was the essential action. If such a medical device is not, then replace it by a bandage, an elastic bandage, a piece of fabric or other improvised means, which is capable of performing the desired function of the clamping of the artery.
The algorithm of rendering of the rap with signs of arterial bleeding:
- the damaged part of the body should be raised and to carry out pressing of the artery with your finger (damage to the blood vessels can not only result in injuries, but casual and careless actions, for example, such a situation is typical for the arteries in the nasal cavity);
- be sure the wiring is enclosed by the bandage;
- a tourniquet is applied above the wound;
- if in half an hour the patient was unable to deliver in the emergency room, you need to loosen the harness;
- re-tighten the tourniquet should not earlier than after 10 minutes (too long wearing a tight bandage causes necrosis of tissue).
If the artery is damaged on the hands or in feet, it uses a different method of PMP. Apply a tourniquet is not necessary. The location of the injury should be maximally tight bandage, and the patient transported to the emergency room. Similar actions are performed in cases of damage to different parts of the head. Is applied on the wound with sterile cotton, and then the injured place is wrapped with several layers of bandage.
Video: signs of and first aid for arterial bleeding
The set of measures differs depending on whether the vessel is damaged, how much time has passed from the moment of injury, but also on many other factors. Medical assistance is carried out in the shortest possible time. How to stop arterial bleeding, tells video. Instructors show the complex of urgent measures, which will save the person life before the arrival of the ambulance and explain the point of pressing of the arteries. All actions are accompanied by thematic photo materials and step by step instructions.