Pharyngitis is an inflammatory process occurring in the lymphoid tissue and mucous membranes of the throat. This disease can occur in children and in adults, but in young patients it is harder and usually requires a qualified complex treatment under the supervision of a physician.
In this article we will tell you why there is acute and chronic pharyngitis in children, what are his symptoms, and that includes the treatment of this disease.
The cause of the inflammation
Pharyngitis is caused by a huge number of different reasons. Most often this disease provoke the following factors:
- bacteria, mainly streptococci and pneumococci;
- the influenza virus or adenovirus;
- pathogenic fungi of the genus Candida;
- complications of other diseases such as sinusitis, rhinitis, dental caries and others;
- the high content of chemical irritants in the inhaled air;
- allergic reactions.
Under the influence of the above adverse factors in the child, usually develops strep throat. If the symptoms are ignored for a long time, and the baby does not receive proper treatment, the disease often becomes chronic. To avoid this, you need to carefully consider the health of the crumbs, and in the event of indisposition immediately consult a doctor.
The symptoms of pharyngitis in children
The main signs of this disease include the following:
- sore throat, which is particularly noticeable when swallowing;
- high temperature, typically in the range of 38 to 40 degrees;
- sore throat;
- the reduction or complete lack of appetite;
- moodiness, tearfulness, lethargy baby.
In addition, when a pellet form of the disease, which affects not only mucous, but also lymphoid tissue on the posterior wall of the pharynx arise are typical for this disease, the nodules of bright red color.
How to treat pharyngitis in a child?
To ease the feeling of crumbs in the shortest possible time, you need to constantly ventilate the room in which the child is placed, and maintaining its optimal level of humidity, to give the patient as much warm liquids, and inhalation by nebulizer with the saline or mineral water.
To get rid of pain and discomfort in the throat in children older than 6 years are most often used antiseptic preparations such as sprays, as IOCs or Jivalax, and for kids over 4 years – lozenges Septolete. For treating the smallest babies who are not able to dissolve the tablets, it is possible to use known medicine Abd faringosept. For this purpose it is necessary to grind one tablet of this drug in the dust, dipped in her pacifier and give the baby to suck. You can do it 3 times a day.
If this disease is accompanied by any complications and the health of the child does not improve within a few days, most likely, will require the use of antibiotics. In this case, for the treatment of pharyngitis in children the most commonly used drugs such as Biseptol and Bioparoks. These drugs are quite serious contraindications and can cause a number of side effects, so they are used exclusively by a doctor.
Treatment of pharyngitis in children folk remedies
In the treatment of pharyngitis in young patients are used as medicines and folk remedies, the latter are often even more effective than traditional medicines. Most often in this case, use the following treatment methods:
- gargling with warm decoction of sage, calendula or chamomile pharmacy and soda-salt solution or with a solution of propolis;
- inhalation vapours of decoctions of the pine-cones, eucalyptus, chamomile and St. John’s wort;
- drink hot tea with lemon, warm milk with honey or chamomile broth;
- the use of tincture of Echinacea to strengthen the immune system;
- finally, often mothers and grandmothers used to treat his child honey mustard poultice. To prepare it, you need to mix in equal proportions mustard powder, honey, vodka, vegetable oil and flour, then divide the resulting mass into 2 equal parts, spread on thick cloth and apply to the breast and the back of the patient and fix the bandage, and the top dress the baby warm cotton pajamas. Compress it is best to leave on all night, but if the little patient is not a year old – 2 hours.