Until a few decades ago the birth was quite a risky process for both mother and child. Today, in times of advanced medicine and high technology, the risk of death during childbirth has decreased to a minimum.
Birth by caesarean section are considered an ancient method of delivery. In ancient times this operation was called «Royal cut» and was focused solely on saving the life of a child, the mother when the operation was ruined.
However, in the modern world Royal cut considered a routine abdominal operation, which is aimed at preserving the life and health of mother and child. Moreover, if used during surgery to delivery was done exclusively vertical incision, the incision on the uterus when elective surgery is done horizontally.
There are several indications for planned delivery by caesarean section:
1. If the mother’s pelvis does not match the size of the fetus, in this case, is assigned to planned surgery.
2. Placenta previa, which closes the path to the child.
3. Bearing more than one child.
4. The uterine scar after the surgery is considered an indication for operative childbirth in the future.
5. Somatic diseases such as kidney disease, cardio-vascular system.
6. Previa fetal: transverse and pelvic.
7. Late toxicity (severe preeclampsia).
8. Genital herpes.
No doubt, all the indications for a planned surgical delivery can be attributed to the pluses of the operation. Surgical intervention helps to prevent severe complications in childbirth and in some cases may even save the life of the mother and the baby. However, there are possible complicationsafter operative delivery:
1. The likelihood of serious complications after the operation ten times higher than after natural delivery.
2. The scar on the uterus requires a long break before the next pregnancy and risk of rupture of the scar in subsequent pregnancies.
3. The probability of infection in the abdominal cavity and the development of inflammatory processes, including adhesions.
4. People born in an unnatural way, often suffer from asthma, type II diabetes, etc.
In rare cases, surgery can be avoided, for example, if the indication is fetal presentation. In any case, delivery will be to choose the doctor after he will assess the condition of the woman and fetus. If a pregnant are indications for cesarean section, expectant mother should go to the hospital a week before the scheduled delivery date under the care of doctors.