The endocrine glands are very important for the body, one of them is thyroid. Its functions include production of hormones that regulate the activities of organs and even entire systems in the human body. If there are the first signs of thyroid disease – it is a pathology that must be treated. Otherwise, disturbed metabolism, new cell growth, leading to faster aging, and even death. What signs indicate inflammation of the thyroid gland?
The first signs of thyroid disease
When the balance of the thyroid hormones produced by the thyroid gland, often there are no symptoms and the person just does not feel sick. For this reason, the diagnosis is sometimes very difficult. In addition, the signs of thyroid disease are similar to symptoms of other disorders, not less important systems like nervous, digestive and even cardiovascular.
Thyroid dysfunction is a pathology characteristic of women in the age from 30 till 50 years. The resulting symptoms are often confused with PMS, but the people consider that a person is just a bad character. Actually, behavioural change is the first sign of a malfunction of the endocrine system. In addition, there are other signs of thyroid disturbances in women:
- Psychological imbalance, tearfulness, increased anxiety and agitation, restlessness.
- Sleep disturbance. He becomes responsive, and to sleep the woman is very difficult.
- The trembling of his hands.
- Sweating feet and palms.
- Increased appetite, but the dramatic weight reduction.
- Pale skin, a feverish glitter of eyes, and in more severe forms – exophthalmia.
- Enlargement of the thyroid gland, swelling in the neck.
- Increased heart rate, increased blood pressure.
- With the development of the disease can cause nausea and diarrhea.
- Rapid onset of fatigue.
- Disruptions of the menstrual cycle.
- The appearance of muscle pain for no reason.
- Brittle and dry hair.
- Discharge from the breast.
The strong half of humanity, too, may develop pathology of the thyroid. This is indicated by the following symptoms:
- Fatigue and constant drowsiness.
- Reduced muscle tone.
- The lack of libido.
- Jump weight.
- Frequent urination.
- High blood pressure.
- The increase of cholesterol level.
- Ohriplosti voice.
Every mother will be able to notice the first signs of thyroid disease in children:
- Fast fatigue, the child does not look well-rested even after sleep.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Tearfulness and nervous imbalance.
- The unwillingness to learn.
- Dyspnea during small physical exertion.
- Weight reduction.
- Unstable heart rate.
- An increase in temperature.
Signs of thyroid disturbances
Diseases of the endocrine system are divided into several types. Everyone observed as General symptoms and signs of specific forms of the disease. The thyroid gland may produce hormones in excess, or, conversely, not enough. The first signs are not apparent immediately, so at the slightest feeling one of them should immediately contact the doctor.
Of thyroid enlargement
Common form of pathology – it is the goiter. So is any enlargement of the thyroid gland. It can appear in both adults and children, although at first the change is quite noticeable. In medicine, the goiter is not always dangerous pathology, but ignore it, too. Doctors distinguish several stages of increasing thyroid:
- There is no change of the thyroid gland.
- There is a slight increase, which does not deform the neck. By visual inspection it is only palpable and seemingly unnoticed.
- Noticeable deformation of the curves of the cervical, pathology especially visible when turning neck.
There are other signs of inflammation of the thyroid gland:
- Density. Iron should be soft to the touch, have a flexible structure. The hardness of the body indicates a possible pathology, sometimes even cancer.
- Mobility. Normally, the thyroid gland together with the cartilage must move easily when swallowing. If painful sensations appear – it is a clear sign of violation of the body in the form of nodular formations.
Insufficient production of hormones by the thyroid gland is hypothyroidism. The disease is characterized by slow metabolism. For hypothyroidism is characterized by a large number of symptoms, but they don’t all manifest at once. Each individual body reacts to the lack of hormones in different ways. A General list of signs of low thyroid function looks like this:
- A sharp increase in body weight due to the slow work of the endocrine system.
- Insufficient amount of energy for the body, which is reflected in fatigue and apathy to everything around him.
- The depletion of the body in mental, moral and physical terms.
- Irritability towards others.
- Rashes on the face.
- Dry skin, falling in a large amount of hair.
- Low body temperature, chills.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Soreness in muscles or joints.
- Hard occurring menstrual period in women.
- Difficulties with defecation.
- The increase of cholesterol.
Less common hyperthyroidism – increased secretion of hormones of the endocrine system. Patients with this diagnosis complain of the following signs of inflammation of the thyroid gland:
- heart palpitations;
- anxiety for no reason;
- reduced efficiency and fatigue;
- weight loss with constant hunger;
- the trembling in his hands;
- frequent trips to the bathroom.
Sometimes hyperthyroidism in women leads to failures, manifested in the form of breaking the cycle of menstruation. Men the development of an overactive thyroid faces impotence, and sometimes even breast enlargement due to violations of hormonal background. Subject to this pathology and newborns. The developing hyperthyroidism due to diffuse toxic goiter, which was or is the mother. It is an autoimmune disease that causes the body to produce antibodies that stimulate the thyroid. Symptoms include:
- the little baby is gaining weight;
- rapid pulse;
- high blood pressure;
- constant anxiety of the child;
- vomiting and diarrhea;
- the respiratory function because of compression by enlarged thyroid gland trachea;
- the exophthalmia.
The incidence of such severe disease as cancer of the thyroid gland, the female population is higher than male. Malignancy is more likely to occur in older people. Symptoms of thyroid in women and men the same. Here is a list of these signs:
- the appearance of the lump or tumor on the neck;
- pain in the cervical spine, sometimes extending to the ears;
- painful swallowing;
- trouble breathing, appearance of shortness of breath;
- constant cough, not like cold;
- husky voice;
- swollen neck veins;
- the feeling of a lump in the throat.
Video: signs of a sick thyroid
To neglect our health. Symptoms of thyroid disease is very insidious. They do not manifest immediately, and in the absence of treatment lead to serious complications and even malignant tumors. How to determine a breach in the thyroid gland? Look useful video below with a detailed description of all symptoms indicating pathology of the endocrine system.