Many dental diseases are very dangerous, and granuloma is one of them. The insidiousness of this disease is that it does not manifest itself for a long time, and then causes extreme pain. A granuloma on the root of the tooth is testoobraznaja cavity. It contains dead bacterial cells. Typically, the granuloma appears at the top of the tooth root and the infection spreads, destroying healthy tissue.
The disease can occur as a result of:
- periodontitis (inflammation of the tissues around the tooth);
- complications of pulpitis;
- fracture of the tooth;
- injuries resulting in infection;
- improper hygiene of the oral cavity.
Probable cause of exacerbation of granuloma:
- sharp change of a climate;
- excessive physical exertion.
The symptoms and signs of disease
You know, what is a granuloma of the tooth, and have yet to find how manifests itself the disease. First identify the problem very difficult. People for a long time feels nothing, and then he suddenly strikes a sharp pain, swells the gums. In the first stage inflammation of the tooth root gives a slight swelling of the jaw. From time to time during this period you may experience a sharp pain in the morning, which quickly passes.
In the later stages of the disease is determined by these characteristics:
- When chewing person feels strong pain, sometimes dull and barely noticeable.
- On the damaged tooth noticeable darkening of the enamel.
- Swollen gums that can be seen on the photo.
- Body temperature periodically rises up to 39-40 degrees fever begins.
Methods of diagnosis
There are the following ways to identify the disease:
- routine inspection;
To diagnose the disease is extremely difficult, under normal routine inspection to make this almost impossible. Typically, the dentist focuses on the patient’s complaints, based on this puts the preliminary diagnosis. On examination, the physician should carefully analyze the state already had a root crowns and prosthetic teeth. The only accurate method of diagnosis – x-ray. It will be noticeable round the darkened area. To recognize the granuloma allows radiovisiography.
How to treat granuloma of the tooth root
The disease is dangerous but there are ways to get rid of it. It is worth noting that earlier in the granuloma, the tooth had necessarily to delete, but now there are other, more benign methods. Option dentist together with the patient selects based on what stage the disease. Therefore, the earlier you will be able to identify the granuloma, the better. Methods of treatment:
- in folk medicine.
Possible at an early stage of the disease. Stages of conservative treatment:
- Filling. The expert opens the tooth, thoroughly cleans the channels, and provides an outflow of pus from the area of the granuloma. Then the doctor washes the way special solutions, provides medications, such as sulfa drugs. On the tooth a temporary filling is then removed, again treated with antiseptics. The last stage is the final sealing and restoration.
- Antibiotics. In parallel, the dentist prescribes a course of medicines that need to not granulomatous inflammation does not spread. The antibiotics help prevent complications and relapse. Usually prescribe Doxycycline, Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin, Amoxiclav, Azithromycin.
Is assigned in severe cases, the granuloma on the root of the tooth and is also accompanied by taking a course of antibiotics. The most common types of operations:
- Resection of the root apex of the tooth. Used for strategically important teeth, therapy which gave no effect. Doctor reveals the canals, cleans them, fills in with a solution. In parallel removes the root tip was subjected to granulation. Further there is a remote implantation of dental tissue and filling.
- Hemisection. Used for multi-rooted teeth. Considered less gentle than the apex resection. During the operation, the doctor removes the root of the tooth and the crown part, which is attached to it. After hemisection occurs prosthesis, ie, a tooth wearing a crown.
- The removal of the tooth. Shown in the most hopeless cases, vertical fissure or destroyed teeth, and periodontitis at the stage of formation of the gingival channel. Pus aspirated from the wound, and the granuloma disappears.
The method begins with diagnosis of the oral cavity and determine the extent and size of the granuloma. Then through a root canal injected laser and he destroys it with his effect, at the same time disinfecting the root. Laser treatment has many advantages, helps to save the tooth and eliminate the risk of infection. Bloodless surgery, performed without anesthetic. The recovery is as fast as possible.
From the disease you can get rid of various herbs. Treatment of granuloma of the tooth folk remedies spend in the following recipes:
- Separately pour 30 g of dry calamus root, 0.5 liters of vodka and 30 g of propolis. Soak in the dark for 14 days. Strain the tincture. Mix 1 teaspoon of calamus and 2 tsp of propolis every day, and use mouthwash.
- Take 1 tbsp. of dried chamomile or sage leaves, 2 tablespoons of eucalyptus. Zapara 0.25 l of boiling water, insist hour. Often rinse means mouth, definitely after every meal.
- Mix 30 g of oak bark, calamus root, thyme, walnut sheet. Pour 250 ml of cold water a tablespoon of this set of herbs. Stand up for 3 hours, boil ten minutes, cool and strain. Use to rinse, make compresses on the affected area.
- Mix one egg and 1 tsp of sea salt with a liter of cold water. Use for rinsing. Spend at least 6 sessions per day.
- 30% tincture of celandine in the ratio of 1:1 mix with glycerin or vegetable oil. Apply this remedy a cotton swab and do the compresses twice a day.
Possible complications and prevention of dental granulomas
If the disease is not to fight, the consequences can be terrible. Cystogranulomas of the tooth is converted into a cyst. A constant source of infection will have a negative impact on overall health. On this background may develop osteomyelitis of the jaw, sinusitis, pyelonephritis. If the granuloma will continue to grow, spread to soft tissues, hitting them with pus. In addition, the tooth will gradually be destroyed and will simply fall out.
To protect yourself from the appearance of granuloma, follow these rules:
- Twice a year go on routine inspection to the dentist.
- Promptly treat caries, gingivitis.
- Often to change toothbrushes.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, make the right diet.
- Rinse your mouth with special tools or infusions of herbs.
Video about the treatment of granulomas and dental cysts
You have already seen how dangerous this disease is. Watch the video which tells us about the ways of treating granuloma on the root of the tooth. This information will definitely benefit you. Video made especially for you to understand this disease in any case can not be ignored. The sooner you visit the doctor, the more successful method of treatment of a granuloma it for you to pick up.