Numerous complaints from owners of laptops appeared first on the official Microsoft forum in 2010. They are caused by incorrect operation of the battery – battery serviceable battery «exhausted» for half an hour or less. What is calibration? Calibrate laptop battery eliminates the problem of discrepancies of the testimony of the controller and the battery cells, leads the charge levels of both to the same value. Periodic adjustment of the energy capacity of the battery prevents possible errors in the controller.
How to calibrate laptop battery
Power management is defined in 2 ways: automatically and manually. This process helps to get rid of remembering the time you connect the device to the network. Subsequently, the battery consumption goes up to this value. You want to understand your battery this procedure or not, you should determine the capacity of the battery. To do this:
- Run command line as administrator.
- Run the command powercfg.exe-energy-output d:Nout.html. Value (d:Nout.html) – save location, the file name is report.
- Go to the D drive (or other) to open the specified report file.
- Find the section «Information about batteries». Recalibration is required if there is a difference in the last two paragraphs of this section.
With the help of special programs
According to Microsoft, models of laptops with «battery» issue, are: Samsung Q70Aura Tirana, HP dv6, Acer Aspire 6920, laptop companies are ASUS, Lenovo and many others. A Microsoft representative claims that incorrect information about the work of the battery takes the «BIOS» (BIOS). How to make a battery calibration? Notebooks Lenovo for this purpose is equipped with a special utility. In the absence of such installer, download. The Lenovo Idea laptops have Energy Management program, the process of recalibration using it looks like this:
- Reset these parameters (click on the 2nd icon in the lower right corner of the window).
- Start the calibration process (press start).
- Close all programs, connect laptop to the adapter.
- The continuation of the process (click «Continue»).
To use the computer during the current settings is not recommended. The process takes time, during which the battery is fully charged, and then discharged to zero. The program for calibration of laptop battery on some models (including Samsung) devices have built in «BIOS». There are universal programs for all laptop – BatteryCare, Battery Eater. Don’t be too hard to calibrate the battery and through the bios. To perform calibration you will need:
- Restart the laptop, when switched on, press Delete, Esc, or F2.
- On the Boot tab to run the Smart Battery Calibration.
- In the dialog box choose Yes. After calibration is complete, quit the program (press Esc).
Calibrating the battery manually
Manual recalibration is a valid option error correction controller if it is not possible to regulate the supply of programs. This procedure is performed in three steps: the maximum charge the battery, discharge it fully, charge again to 100%. When the computer is disconnected from the network, modifies the plan of its power, so to completely discharge the device will not work. To remove obstacles, follow these steps:
- Open the tools panel and set the view to «Large icons».
- Go to «power options».
- Create a meal plan (menu on the left).
- Select high performance and select the name of the plan.
- Put a ban on performing settings «sleep mode», «display Off».
Video tutorial: how to calibrate laptop battery
Quality work of portable devices plays an important role in the pace of modern life. Many cannot imagine living without a laptop, tablet, smartphone. Reliable battery ensures uninterrupted functioning of the devices. Battery – vulnerable part of any device. For its proper functioning it is necessary to take measures on elimination of errors of the controller. With the help of simple steps, you greatly extend Autonomous operation of the laptop. Step by step instructions on power management of laptops from HP and ACER are provided in these videos.