Sometimes it happens that a tree indoor lemon or other citrus intense suddenly starts shedding leaves. What to do in this case, as to help the plant?
In this case, on your part, obviously, made some mistakes. You need to analyze the situation, to cast a critical eye growing conditions and quickly correct mistakes. Let’s consider three options, which involve abrupt loss of foliage:
So, step by step will analyse each case
Citrus circled after purchase
The most probable reason might be the stress of the plants that went in to the apartment after a comfortable life in the greenhouse. Citrus is very sensitive to the sudden change of light and temperature and, in particular, to reduce humidity. Recall that the homeland of these plants — tropics of India and China, so their reaction to dry air and dark location is quite understandable.
How to fix the situation?
- It is believed that with the newly acquired plants before you put it on the window sill, it is necessary to remove almost all the fruit, leaving at least small ovaries, otherwise the lemon will give their all and pouring the fruit will deteriorate.
- First of all you need to provide the lemon is very well-lighted place: in winter the window sill facing the South or East, summer West or North window (or close to the South ledge but not on it directly). In addition, winter is definitely need during the day to provide supplementary lighting fluorescent lamp for a period of not less than 12 hours. This measure gives very good results, the leaves cease to fall.
- Next you need to set a comfortable thermal mode. In winter, the lemon must be at rest. For this purpose, the temperature of the contents should not exceed 18oC (for citrus and other less — from 10 to 15C). Summer lemon grows well at temperatures up to +25oC.
- After purchasing the plant, it is desirable to treat anti-stress drug. As such using the drug EPIN — Extra or NV-101.
- The lemon provides optimal irrigation as drying of the upper layer, using defend water at room temperature. Like him and regular spraying with a fine spray.
- Don’t forget about regular fertilizing 2 times a month a special fertilizer for citrus
Citrus suddenly flew after long and successfully grown in the apartment
- Check changed dramatically growing conditions (moved from the window to the window, aired on a cold day, poured with cold water).
- Note the presence of pests on the leaves. Spider mite, mealybug, quadraspidiotus perniciosus, — all these insects (although it mite not otnositsa to insects, it is an arachnid) can quickly lead to death even big specimen plants. Lemon treat drug Fitoverm (or Aktellik), mixing it with any stimulant (Zircon, for example). To carry out the treatment three times at intervals of a week, in parallel to spray insecticide all standing next to the plant and the soil. Wash pots, window sills and glass.
- If the plants have not been transplanted — transplanted into a little larger pot and add fresh soil.
Citrus spread after transferring from the street to the window
- After the lemon brought it home, immediately put the pot in a warm (40oC) water, so that the roots have started to absorb moisture. Otherwise, the sheets in a warm room begin to rapidly evaporate, and the roots in the cold after the soil did not provide them with moisture. As a result of the imbalance — November.
- Be sure to handle the lemon insecticides against pests that can get to the plant from the street and rapidly multiply.