According to medical data, vitamin C is a vital vitamin and its level in the blood is one of the main indicators of the health of the whole organism. Many of us, when we hear about the importance of this useful substance to fight colds and strong immune system, think about tasty the vitamin from your childhood – askorbinka. Is it right to put a sign of equality between them? Let’s look at how useful the use of ascorbic acid. In what forms it is available whether its daily dosage and how dangerous the excess of the recommended norms of consumption?
To maintain optimal health we are thinking about additional reception of vitamins. In order not to overdo it and do not hurt yourself, you need to take into account such information. Vitamin C, which is rich in some foods is a complex compound that consists of ascorbic acid, ascorbigen and dehydroascorbic acid, effectively turning each other. In the complex with this compound bioflavonoids are special plant compounds that help in the proper absorption of vitamin.
Vitamin C, which we purchased at the drugstore, contain only ascorbic acid, so in common parlance they are perceived as one and the same substance. Given the difference in the chemical formulas, you need to understand this difference:
- vegetables and fruits can be eaten on the principle of «more is better», because nature has adjusted the process of absorption of natural vitamin C;
- while taking the synthetic drug one need to follow the instructions to avoid negative health effects.
In the description of the drug note the list of contraindications to the use of ascorbic acid, possible side effects and interactions with other drugs. Observe a dosage, do not exceed the established norms of consumption. The daily dose of ascorbic acid to share some techniques, because the body will quickly Deplete this vitamin. The maximum allowable rate of vitamin C – 2000 mg. is Not recommended to take it at night because it has a slight stimulating effect.
Ascorbic acid is sold in the following forms:
- the pills are:
- big chewy and sweet, including their makes use of glucose, they contain a small dose of active substance;
- smaller, without glucose;
- water-soluble effervescent;
- jelly beans – yellow small balls for sucking in the mouth;
- ascorbic acid powder for the preparation of fortified drinks;
- in vials for injection.
Scientific studies have demonstrated many useful properties of vitamin C because this vital substance is often called the «king of vitamins». He has this effect:
- helps the synthesis of collagen protein – building material for bones, muscles, skin;
- accelerate the completion of inflammatory processes, wound healing;
- enhances the detoxification processes of the liver;
- promotes the absorption of vitamin D, iron, folic acid activates;
- reduces the risk of many pathologies: thrombosis of blood vessels, cancer, etc.
Vitamin C protects the body from harmful bacteria and viruses, stimulates the formation of cells of the immune system. It is a strong antioxidant that protects the body from the harmful effects of the environment. This vitamin is involved in the synthesis of corticosteroids – stress hormones and helps the body cope with the negative impact caused by Smoking and alcohol consumption.
General indications when to use ascorbic acid:
- hypovitaminosis (imbalance between intake of vitamin in the body and it expenditure);
- beriberi (a condition that has developed due to prolonged lack of the vitamin from food);
- to increase the body’s resistance to infectious diseases during their seasonal distribution.
Ascorbic acid with glucose increases physical and mental performance, promotes good detoxification processes. The additional intake of vitamin C is needed in such cases:
- recovery in the postoperative period after fractures, infections, to accelerate healing of infected wounds;
- hepatitis, cholecystitis;
- radiation sickness;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- bleeding of various kinds.
For the face
Vitamin C is a valuable component to maintain youthful appearance. First of all, you must follow adequate intake through the diet because it is involved in the production of collagen and without it elastic the skin is impossible. Modern cosmetology to saturate the skin in vitamin C and the activation of collagen production offers a mesotherapy procedure in which ascorbic acid is injected under the skin of multiple microinjections. These sessions are aimed at reducing age-related skin changes, increased her circulation, elimination of small wrinkles, pigmentation.
Ascorbic acid for face are available for use at home, for that it is used as a liquid for injection or powder. A simple way to tone the skin:
- Dilute the contents of 2 vials with the same amount of water and RUB this solution on the skin overnight before applying nourishing cream.
- To prepare the mask 1 tsp. ascorbic acid powder diluted with mineral water, this slurry is applied on the face for 10-15 minutes.
- Before applying such funds will be sure to test for sensitivity.
- To use courses for 6-8 weeks (the mask 1-2 times a week).
Women find very effective is the use of ascorbic acid as an active ingredient in various hair masks, but before applying them, keep in mind that these homemade beauty products will help brighten your locks. For these procedures of hair care products is equally well suited synthetic vitamin C in capsules or natural lemon juice, which is rich in this vitamin.
Nutritional effect has a mask, comprising:
- egg yolk – 1 PC.;
- glycerin – 100 ml;
- vitamin C – 1 vial.
Algorithm of actions:
- The mask is applied on freshly washed damp hair, massaging the skin, leave on hair for half an hour.
- Will help to wash away the dark paint after 7-8 procedures for the application of this remedy: 2 tablespoons of honey should be mixed with 50 mg solution of ascorbic acid or juice of one lemon, apply starting from the tips of the hair, along the entire length.
- Wrap head with a towel and leave the agent to act for 4-6 hours, then rinse with warm water.
In the cold period of the year with the aim of preventing disease and strengthening immunity, after consultation with a specialist, the dose of vitamin C increased up to 100-150 mg. If the cold could not be avoided, it is possible to effectively fight infection used therapeutic dose of ascorbic acid: 1000-1500 mg per day. Follow those recommended daily dose consumption of vitamin C:
Category of the population
Vitamin C, mg
60 and older
Women during pregnancy
in the lactation period
The use of tablets of ascorbic acid for the treatment are manufactured under the supervision of a physician, the specific dose is also established by the specialist. For children daily dose is 500 mg, is used for 10-15 days. For adults prescribed dosage 500-1000 mg for weeks, then a maintenance therapy of 250 mg per day for two weeks.
Acid solution for intravenous administration is prescribed, if one does not treat the tablet form of the drug or the patient cannot assimilate vitamin C from the gastrointestinal tract. This injection must be injected into a vein specialist, because if too rapid administration can cause weakness, dizziness. Single dose should not exceed 200 mg, and a total for the day – no more than 500 mg. This treatment course is not more than 10 days.
If the patient has the same reasons as for intravenous injections of ascorbic acid, but his brittle veins, there are bruises on the injection site, then the active substance is administered intramuscularly in the buttock or upper thigh, if the person makes a shot on their own. The medication is injected slowly, not exceeding the permissible single dose – 200 mg.
You cannot use ascorbic acid in the following cases:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to components of drug;
- diabetes mellitus;
- kidney stones and severe kidney disease;
- predisposition to thrombosis;
Use with caution additional drug with increased tapering the blood. If the patient is assigned higher doses of ascorbic acid should be controlled such indicators of work of the body:
- the level of sugar in the blood;
- blood pressure;
- the functioning of the kidneys.
Application of pregnancy and GW
Ascorbic acid during pregnancy – frequently prescribed drug in conventional medicine. It affects many processes in a woman’s body: iron absorption, tissue elasticity, prevention of bleeding during childbirth. A huge impact of vitamin C on the development of the unborn baby. The minimum daily need of this vitamin in this period – 60 mg, but overdose is very dangerous for the baby increases the risk of developing scurvy, and at intravenous introduction of high doses there is a threat of miscarriage.
The minimum content of vitamin C in the daily diet during lactation makes 80 mg, then the baby will not have a deficiency of this important for the normal development of the substance. This vitamin is woman conducting breastfeeding, it is better to try to obtain from the diet because the additional intake of high doses are potentially dangerous for the child.
With the use of ascorbic acid may experience these side effects:
- irritation of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, manifested by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- damage tooth enamel under intense chewing form of the drug;
- dizziness, weakness – with the rapid introduction of intravenous;
- the metabolic disorders;
- the formation of urinary stones and increase urine output;
- disruption of the cardio-vascular system: thrombocytosis, eritropenia, etc.;
- allergic rashes, redness – a rush of blood to the skin.
Daily dose of ascorbic acid – a concept established by official medicine, so that people don’t hurt themselves. After all, an overdose, even of such useful substances like vitamin C, entails negative effects for the body. This vitamin is water-soluble, well eliminated from the body, negative effects entail only regular use of high doses of this useful substance.
In the treatment of elevated doses of ascorbic acid it is important to control sufficient insulin secretion by the pancreas. In this period there is a risk of formation of oxalate stones in the kidneys. As a result of taking large doses of active substance symptoms, as in cases of poisoning: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, which disappear after withdrawal of the drug.
Video about ascorbic acid
Marshal the facts that you learned about ascorbic acid and put the full picture about the peculiarities of its application in therapeutic or prophylactic purposes, or, as auxiliary means, procedures for personal care. For this purpose, we have selected for you some short video below, from which you will gather information, why everywhere is so appreciated vitamin C, and in which direction research and development of new dosage forms of this useful and necessary substances.
Use for hair
Ascorbic acid has great benefits for hair. Its lack will affect the appearance of the curls, they will become dull and will be slower to grow. The video details how to apply vitamin C in capsules and in powder form. You will learn how to combine this useful tool with shampoo or conditioner, how to make a variety of hair masks, and even learn the secrets of lightening hair.
Askorbinka for children – available vitamin a drug at the price, and the guys always eat it with pleasure. Whether it is necessary to control the intake of vitamin C in this form or it can be a useful analogue of candy? Learn how can affect the development of brain activity in a child exceeding the recommended dose of ascorbic acid and whether the substance of onkoprotektor.
How dangerous is
Check for yourself what the negative impact may be synthetic ascorbic acid is and what distinguishes it from natural compounds. The video describes the advantages of tablets vitamin C formula with prolonged action, allow the tablet dissolve into the body, and when the experts recommend to increase the dose of this vitamin.